How To Improve Wicking - iClear 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, and I apologize in advance if this question is a bit redundant... I imagine it gets asked quite often, but I was unable to find the answer through the search function on the site... nothing related came up, so here I am, asking again :)

How can I get my wicks to 'suck up' juice faster? I'm pretty much a chain-vaper, I use the iClear 16, it's got 4 wicks on it, but seems to wick slower than the original coil that came with my e-Go-T that only had 2!

Thanks and again, sorry if this question has been asked a bajillion times already!

A.

I'm using 70/30 30mg/ml juice, Butter Pecan flavor.

I read someone saying something about fluffing wicks, but I don't know what that means and don't know if it works regardless.

When I'm not actively vaping, I leave it laying on it's side because it falls over otherwise if the table gets bumped.

Sorry for not sharing that bit of info before, didn't realize it was needed.

Thanks!

henlly

Moved On
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
"Fluffing the wicks" basically means that you are untwisting the silica wicks. I've tried this with my iclear16 but didn't notice any improvement or lack of. One thing I regularly do when starting with a fresh coil is to drip one or two drops on the top and bottom coil before I fill up the tank. I usually let it sit for a few minutes before vaping it.

My iclear16's only get use with my ego batteries; speaking of which, what kind of device and setting are you running your on?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Yes he has, we went through that yesterday... :)

Hello again KK, I've never heard of 'fluffing the wick' as a term, but I imagine it means pulling the wick apart into its component threads to increase surface area. It's worth a try with a coil head that perhaps is on its last legs to see if it makes a difference. I did that with one of my vivi novas back in the day - and although I don't remember there being an appreciable difference, it can't hurt if you use a coil head that you are about to throw out.

Best advice is to take longer but slower pulls on your clearo and make sure you are giving it a twirl before vaping. When I was using top coil clearos I found myself doing the clearo twirl almost without thinking about it, and I know it helps probably more than any other thing you could do.

Keeping your tank topped-off always helps too.

Apart from that, you might have to start looking at other delivery devices, bottom coil clearos have the head submerged in the e-liquid and tend to wick a little faster - although they also have their own quirks and foibles.

Thanks everyone... so I guess if I'm a chain-vaper and can't slow down, my only option pretty much is to have two set-ups and rotate them every couple of puffs, LOL.

I don't want to get over my head too quickly in terms of equipment difficulty, so I won't be drastically changing what I use for a bit (plus, don't want the boyfriend -I'm female, in case anyone was confused lol- to start thinking that my vaping is costing more than my smoking was and start to complain about it!).

Christmas is coming, so I'm asking for more tanks and batteries and stuff from Santa.

Thanks so much, everyone. You've all been a great help!! (as usual!)

A.

Thanks! I actually fished the one I replaced out of the trash (paper trash, not garbage, LOL) yesterday to try the 'cleaning' thing I'd never heard about. Glad I did, because it works just fine now!

Hadn't even thought about the fact I might need some of the piece-y parts at some point. One more thing for me to hoard, lol.

sorry, I know I called you a he yesterday as well...

No worries... the name doesn't exactly scream 'GIRL', lol.

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
I would untwist the new wicks just a little bit to give the juice more surface area. I did that and it seemed to help with wicking. If you untwist too much your iClear head will look like a crazylady, and you won't see any juice movement in the tank. It doesn't hurt performance but it is kind of annoying not knowing how much juice you actually have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread