The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How To Improve Wicking - iClear 16

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Krafted Khaos, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Krafted Khaos

Krafted Khaos Full Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Hi all, and I apologize in advance if this question is a bit redundant... I imagine it gets asked quite often, but I was unable to find the answer through the search function on the site... nothing related came up, so here I am, asking again :)

How can I get my wicks to 'suck up' juice faster? I'm pretty much a chain-vaper, I use the iClear 16, it's got 4 wicks on it, but seems to wick slower than the original coil that came with my e-Go-T that only had 2!

Thanks and again, sorry if this question has been asked a bajillion times already!

A.

2. yellowsnow

yellowsnow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    A little more information would be helpful. What PG/VG ratio, flavor etc?

3. frozenhill

frozenhill Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Amman,jordon
    its really one of my best cleromizer i ever used,
    just be sure always to keep wicks wet by tilt you cig , then it gave great vape.

4. wonner

wonner Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    As asked above, help us help you.

High VG content or not allowing sufficient time for thorough wicking are the most likely culprits.

Or...if you are chain vaping like it's your last vape ever, slow down. Easy does it.

5. Krafted Khaos

Nov 25, 2013
    Richmond, VA, USA
    I'm using 70/30 30mg/ml juice, Butter Pecan flavor.

I read someone saying something about fluffing wicks, but I don't know what that means and don't know if it works regardless.

When I'm not actively vaping, I leave it laying on it's side because it falls over otherwise if the table gets bumped.

Sorry for not sharing that bit of info before, didn't realize it was needed.

Thanks!

6. wonner

wonner Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    Doesn't sound like PG/VG is your problem.

If you are chain vaping, you might be exceeding the flow capacity of the iClear.

I'm not familiar with the iClear 16 or e-Go-T, so I can't really offer any help.

7. henlly
    This message by henlly has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 28, 2013, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Nov 28, 2013
  8. skoot05

skoot05 Senior Member Verified Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Evans, GA
    Not trying to be smart, but have you tried replacing the wick?

9. HawaiiVPR

HawaiiVPR Moved On

Oct 19, 2013
    808 State
    "Fluffing the wicks" basically means that you are untwisting the silica wicks. I've tried this with my iclear16 but didn't notice any improvement or lack of. One thing I regularly do when starting with a fresh coil is to drip one or two drops on the top and bottom coil before I fill up the tank. I usually let it sit for a few minutes before vaping it.

My iclear16's only get use with my ego batteries; speaking of which, what kind of device and setting are you running your on?

10. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    Yes he has, we went through that yesterday... :)

Hello again KK, I've never heard of 'fluffing the wick' as a term, but I imagine it means pulling the wick apart into its component threads to increase surface area. It's worth a try with a coil head that perhaps is on its last legs to see if it makes a difference. I did that with one of my vivi novas back in the day - and although I don't remember there being an appreciable difference, it can't hurt if you use a coil head that you are about to throw out.

Best advice is to take longer but slower pulls on your clearo and make sure you are giving it a twirl before vaping. When I was using top coil clearos I found myself doing the clearo twirl almost without thinking about it, and I know it helps probably more than any other thing you could do.

Keeping your tank topped-off always helps too.

Apart from that, you might have to start looking at other delivery devices, bottom coil clearos have the head submerged in the e-liquid and tend to wick a little faster - although they also have their own quirks and foibles.

11. Krafted Khaos

Nov 25, 2013
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Thanks everyone... so I guess if I'm a chain-vaper and can't slow down, my only option pretty much is to have two set-ups and rotate them every couple of puffs, LOL.

I don't want to get over my head too quickly in terms of equipment difficulty, so I won't be drastically changing what I use for a bit (plus, don't want the boyfriend -I'm female, in case anyone was confused lol- to start thinking that my vaping is costing more than my smoking was and start to complain about it!).

Christmas is coming, so I'm asking for more tanks and batteries and stuff from Santa.

Thanks so much, everyone. You've all been a great help!! (as usual!)

A.

12. RedNBlack

RedNBlack Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2013
    NE Georgia USA
    Hey KK,
    :2c: to add to Shade's post.....

Hang on to your old coils,....the rebuilding bug will visit you sooner or later.

+1 to the bottom coil tanks, let gravity work for you.
    Pro Tank II comes to mind, PTII mini, Kanger Evod BCC especially for the chain vaping....:vapor:

13. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    :blush: sorry, I know I called you a he yesterday as well...

+1 on holding on to the used heads, don't ever throw anything away, one day you'll either rebuild it, or need a little silicone 'o' ring off it or something.

14. Krafted Khaos

Nov 25, 2013
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Thanks! I actually fished the one I replaced out of the trash (paper trash, not garbage, LOL) yesterday to try the 'cleaning' thing I'd never heard about. Glad I did, because it works just fine now!

Hadn't even thought about the fact I might need some of the piece-y parts at some point. One more thing for me to hoard, lol.

No worries... the name doesn't exactly scream 'GIRL', lol.

15. Nightcall

Nightcall Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2013
    USA
    I would untwist the new wicks just a little bit to give the juice more surface area. I did that and it seemed to help with wicking. If you untwist too much your iClear head will look like a crazylady, and you won't see any juice movement in the tank. It doesn't hurt performance but it is kind of annoying not knowing how much juice you actually have left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.