The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to introduce people to e-cigs

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Rat61, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rat61

Rat61 Full Member

Oct 31, 2012
    SW Michigan
    I find that it is easier for me to talk to people about E-cigarettes when they complain of the cost or the bad cough or running out of breath. That is when I offer them a better alternative. Some will try it and some wont, but at least I know that they know there is a better option to smoking. :)

2. trepalium

trepalium I'm a Panda Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I typically only bring it up if they ask about it. 9 times out of ten a person that isn't curious enough to switch won't. I have on occasion pushed it on friends though. With some success.

3. tc1

tc1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    After being a long time smoker ... my own mother just asked me to get her one after tasting some Dragon's Blood from ECBlends. That's one less Christmas present I have to deal with ... woot!

People who see you using it and are curious generally make it an easy introduction. Health and price are the two biggest selling factors.

Another thing I'll be doing soon is offering free juice to the people close to me who want to try ecigs. If you make your own juice it's really not all that expensive to give out freebies, and it helps to not overwhelm them. This is provided they like the flavors you are making that is.

4. GreenEyesDon'tLie

GreenEyesDon'tLie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2012
    MD, USA
    I have a smokers I'm in the process of converting. One is a friend of mine, so I talk to him about it when he sees me vaping. I've also had a few smokers ask me to try mine, and a couple of those are considering making the switch. So for me the easiest way is just offering them a vape to see what they think, and talking about it more after they realize it's amazing

5. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    I talk to them about the cost, how I feel now, how my house,car,cloths dont stink anymore, then mention the crazy amount of flavors out there now (while blowing some cinni bun in their face lol) and try to tell em to come here and check the forums out so they see how many people are out there into this now, sometimes when we only see a person or two doing this we think we will be alone and not find the support or help we need.

6. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    Outside letting them try it and giving them the basic info, maybe direction towards a retailer, its just up to them to want to get off cigs.

I still love the unsubstantiated excuses people have told me, such as them being worse for you than cigs, etc.

Best thing to do is turn it around with the evidence we have as Vapers. Such as the cost being substantially less, improvement in breathing, the vast selection of options available, etc.

7. TraceyS

TraceyS Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    My mom and aunt are trying out the disposables at the local tobacco shop. They like them but think they cost too much...and they do! The disposable ones! I gave my aunt this link and tried to help her as much as I could over text but my mom? I know her very well and I got her some Blu stuff. She likes it. :) I know she will not get into the liquids, VV's, etc or anything like that....but if she likes the Blu's that is fine with me! She has 0 and low nicotine, she is not a heavy smoker to begin with, just a long time smoker. I gave my original Blu starter kit to a cousin battling throat cancer who is trying to quit. I imagine that it is in pieces all over their house...should have given to Mom. Oh well. Other than one other lady I've met on this forum I live too far back in the mountains to know anyone else who vapes and everyone else I know that smokes does not seem interested in learning that there is a better way than the disposables at the store....

Tracey

8. Rat61

Rat61 Full Member

Oct 31, 2012
    SW Michigan
    :p Those are all very good ideas everyone! I don't get out much as I am disabled. i remember about a year ago I went outside to vape with a relative who smoked and someone came up to me and said.."Is that a illegal pipe? How can you do that right outside a restaurant?"( He thought it was something else..lol, like not legal) so i told him what it was and told him where he could get one. I can't wait till the day where i see a big group of people using ecigs, instead of cigarettes.

9. Esharp

Esharp Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2012
    London, Ontario
    You can introduce your e-cig by "Say hello to my little friend!"

10. Kaisu

Kaisu Full Member

Oct 17, 2012
    United States
    I'm actively proseletyzing people at my gym. I think vaping is a miracle and I don't want people I care about to subject themselves to cigarettes. I warn them that the gas station disposables are not what they want to make a decision on. So far I have met with a lot of interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.