Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
After being a long time smoker ... my own mother just asked me to get her one after tasting some Dragon's Blood from ECBlends. That's one less Christmas present I have to deal with ... woot!

People who see you using it and are curious generally make it an easy introduction. Health and price are the two biggest selling factors.

Another thing I'll be doing soon is offering free juice to the people close to me who want to try ecigs. If you make your own juice it's really not all that expensive to give out freebies, and it helps to not overwhelm them. This is provided they like the flavors you are making that is.

Last edited:

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
I have a smokers I'm in the process of converting. One is a friend of mine, so I talk to him about it when he sees me vaping. I've also had a few smokers ask me to try mine, and a couple of those are considering making the switch. So for me the easiest way is just offering them a vape to see what they think, and talking about it more after they realize it's amazing

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I talk to them about the cost, how I feel now, how my house,car,cloths dont stink anymore, then mention the crazy amount of flavors out there now (while blowing some cinni bun in their face lol) and try to tell em to come here and check the forums out so they see how many people are out there into this now, sometimes when we only see a person or two doing this we think we will be alone and not find the support or help we need.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Outside letting them try it and giving them the basic info, maybe direction towards a retailer, its just up to them to want to get off cigs.

I still love the unsubstantiated excuses people have told me, such as them being worse for you than cigs, etc.

Best thing to do is turn it around with the evidence we have as Vapers. Such as the cost being substantially less, improvement in breathing, the vast selection of options available, etc.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
My mom and aunt are trying out the disposables at the local tobacco shop. They like them but think they cost too much...and they do! The disposable ones! I gave my aunt this link and tried to help her as much as I could over text but my mom? I know her very well and I got her some Blu stuff. She likes it. :) I know she will not get into the liquids, VV's, etc or anything like that....but if she likes the Blu's that is fine with me! She has 0 and low nicotine, she is not a heavy smoker to begin with, just a long time smoker. I gave my original Blu starter kit to a cousin battling throat cancer who is trying to quit. I imagine that it is in pieces all over their house...should have given to Mom. Oh well. Other than one other lady I've met on this forum I live too far back in the mountains to know anyone else who vapes and everyone else I know that smokes does not seem interested in learning that there is a better way than the disposables at the store....

Tracey

Rat61

Oct 31, 2012
SW Michigan
:p Those are all very good ideas everyone! I don't get out much as I am disabled. i remember about a year ago I went outside to vape with a relative who smoked and someone came up to me and said.."Is that a illegal pipe? How can you do that right outside a restaurant?"( He thought it was something else..lol, like not legal) so i told him what it was and told him where he could get one. I can't wait till the day where i see a big group of people using ecigs, instead of cigarettes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread