A New e-cig at the MALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
I was at the mall the other day and there was a stand offering what is called WHITE CLOUD CIGARETTES. Person operating the stand was out to lunch so I didn't get to talk with him. I serched on the computer on it, and found it very interesting, although very expensive. Could anyone give me some feedback on what they think of this new e-cig product? Thanks so much. I am serching for an e-cig to start with. I'm coughing and can hardly breath and NEED to start with something NOW! Thanks, Jan

KTaylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cape Coral, FL
I'm seeing a list price online of almost $300. WOW!!!! How about NOT!!! You can get a much better and MUCH less expensive kit from one of the many online vendors here on ECF. You will get tons of suggestions from people but it would probably be good to post what you are looking for in an ecig such as how much you smoke per day, what brand, whether you want it to look like a cigarette or would be willing to vary from that look etc. Everyone here will be more than willing to help as we all want to help you off those analogs! Welcome to ECF and the beginning of a great choice!! Let us know how we can help.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I'm glad you found this forum before you bought. You'll get a lot of responses soon, probably enough to be confusing. Most of us here tend to recommend what we use and love. If you want something simple, easy to use and very effective that resembles a cigarette I would suggest one of the new generation KR 808 D-1s. Smokless Image Volt, Bloog Max Fusion, Smoove, Halo G6 all fall in that catagory. Decent battery life in spite of what some may say. If you don't mind it not looking like a cigarette and need a longer battery life the Egos and Rivas are great and inexpensive and you can buy cartos for simpler use. Liberty Flights has a Riva kit for about $30 after a 20% discount. It comes with two big batteries, a charger and everything you would need except juice. I would order some standard Boge cartos to go with it for not much money and you will need some juice. Filling your own cartos is simple and much less expensive than buying prefilled. Do some reading on here before you decide. It's a lot cheaper than smoking in the long run and the health benefits are pricless. This forum will provide you all the help you should need with whatever you buy. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
What Wuzznt Me said!!! $300 could buy you the shnizbang mod, batts, and a lot of juice!!! Go with an 808 kit from one of the vendors here or a 510 / Riva or eGo kit from soneone like Liberty Flights! Get liquid to refill and cartomizers or a few atomizers. You'll spend a LOT less and probably get better equipment.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Hey Jan! As previous posters have said, the White Cloud e-cig is massively overpriced, and inferior to many other less expensive choices you could make with an online purchase.

I am also in Ohio, and if you are bound and determined to buy something locally as opposed to online, try to find a Drug Mart close by and check out the Fuma that they have. That would run you about $50 for the initial purchase, but cartos are very overpriced, so upkeep would be expensive. Many Pilot gas stations in Ohio also carry a disposable e-cig called Njoy (if I recall correctly) and that would be a much cheaper way to test the waters.

Personally, I'd recommend just skipping all of the local options and going with one of the kits recommended to you here. I considered the Riva that someone mentioned above, and it looks like a really good option.

I don't know where you are in Ohio, but there is also a vapor shop in New Philadelphia: AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Electronic Cigarettes| Electronic Cigarette| Cigarettes Electronic| Cigarette Electronic Cigarette| Best Electronic Cigarettes | Happy Holidays! I've never been, because that's too far away for me, but I've read good things about them on the ECF here.

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
PLEASE don't waste your money on the White Cloud...we were all looking for a "real" cig look with long battery life...they don't really exist...the ciggie look alikes are smaller and have smaller batts...good for 1-3hrs... an eGo/Riva will give ya around 8hrs...my present recommendations are as follows...goto Liberty Flights ,click the 20%discount button on the top left of page...scroll down to starter kits>>>Riva501>>>Riva501 Lite Bundle...this is an excellent starter kit for 30bux...you can shop for liquid while there as well...after that, goto Crystal Clear Vaping and get a bundle of LR Boge2.0 cartos...this will get ya started with a pretty good setup............
madjack:2cool:
p.s add a 30ml bottle of 18-24mg PG juice from Liberty Flights and order today and you will be vaping by the end of the week for around 70 bux with a very fine PV... while waiting for your PV to arrive, you can spend some time here learning exactly what to do with it when it arrives...hurry, time is a-wasting..........mj

Last edited:

Renrav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm kind of just repeating what everyone else said, but let me cast another vote for the Riva lite bundle from Liberty Flights. I'm a fairly new vaper myself, but I've tried a few different models now. Just last week I was looking for something that was a good value for my mother and I ended up buying her that exact kit. It's a great price, and very simple to use. If you're often at the computer though, you might be interested in a passthrough. I have the eGo 1000mAh passthrough from Vaporcast. It's about $23 for one battery, and you can use it as it charges and it lasts a long time between charges. Since you can use it while charging you can get away with only having one battery.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Compare prices with the vendors here and never pay high premiums for ecig purchases in a retail store. Granted, anyone with a brick and mortar walk in store has to make a little more to create profit and the convenience might be worth 5% or so. After all, you would have to pay shipping to get it from an online dealer.

Check out the various ecig types, read the forum posts, and use the search feature for specific models to see what people think about them. If you are interested in a specific ecig, post here and ask people what they think (as you did in this thread).

Most will agree that an Ego battery gives you some of the best features in various atomizers and cartomizers that you will find. You can also buy thread adapters for other attys to match your Ego battery. So, there's little that isn't available to you in the Ego line.

I just ordered some 801 thread drip tip attys for my Ego. I just ordered the 510 battery to 801 atomizer adapter for $4 along with them.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You are lucky the sales person was out to lunch. A big RIPOFF for that product.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

As others have recommended, a good "beginner" model is the E-Power/Riva/Ego category of personal vaporizers (PV).

Here are a couple of reputable suppliers:

e-Power

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - E-Power

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
White Cloud is a perfectly fine slim model number KR808D-1 - the highest voltage slim model available - but THEY CHARGE TOO MUCH. Do not encourage them. They have the highest ripofff jacked up prices on the net. Their batteries have like a 800% markup on replacement/spare batteries. They charge over $100 for a spare battery.

You can see the same model at Vapor4Life.com much cheaper
You can see a different version at SmokelessImage.com

I recommend manual batteries so you can refill the cartomizers without worrying as much about damaging or killing your battery. If you want a slim ecig the KR808D-1 is the strongest model and one of the two most popular slim models.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I was at the mall the other day and there was a stand offering what is called WHITE CLOUD CIGARETTES. Person operating the stand was out to lunch so I didn't get to talk with him. I serched on the computer on it, and found it very interesting, although very expensive. Could anyone give me some feedback on what they think of this new e-cig product? Thanks so much. I am serching for an e-cig to start with. I'm coughing and can hardly breath and NEED to start with something NOW! Thanks, Jan

Finally, a mall ecig that cost more than mine. I thought I was the biggest sucker in all the land at $190. This one is even more. I wasn't so lucky to find ECF out of the gate. Congrats to you :)

Vaper's Advisory: pass this kiosk by. You are among good people that can steer you to better prices on much better products. Plan to spend (out the door with everything you need including extra supplies and juice) less than $100. Welcome.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
run_Forrest_run.jpg

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
Thank you everyone that posted. I looked around ALL DAY and came up with the KR 808 D as a good one for me. I want an e-cig that is not heavy and fat as a cigar. Many I looked at were excellent except for the fatness. Vapor4Life is interesting. Nice kits with colors too! Even diamond color ( tips )??? I welcome any more suggestions on the thinner models, Long is ok, just not fat and heavy. Thanks again, Jan

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Hi Jan, SmoklessImage.com Volt is a great kr808-D1 batt with lots of people who love it on the ECF. The reason I recommend this one to you is that they are in Ohio and ship things out almost immediately upon order. If you ordered today you might even receive your kit by Wednesday. They are running a 21% off sale right now, sorry I don't know the code. If you get one more post you can ask in this thread for the code http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87974-official-smokelessimage-com-thread.html and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out. Welcome, good luck and congratulations on finding the ECF before getting ripped off. :)

They also have top notch customer service and a supplier rep is on that thread I linked you too almost 24/7. I'm not sure she ever sleeps. :laugh:

Last edited:

djp5690

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Rochester, ny
Hi Jan, SmoklessImage.com Volt is a great kr808-D1 batt with lots of people who love it on the ECF. The reason I recommend this one to you is that they are in Ohio and ship things out almost immediately upon order. If you ordered today you might even receive your kit by Wednesday. They are running a 21% off sale right now, sorry I don't know the code. If you get one more post you can ask in this thread for the code http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87974-official-smokelessimage-com-thread.html and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out. Welcome, good luck and congratulations on finding the ECF before getting ripped off. :)

They also have top notch customer service and a supplier rep is on that thread I linked you too almost 24/7. I'm not sure she ever sleeps. :laugh:

That code is SUMMEREND. They ARE great products and have FANTASTIC customer service!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread