Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I always hang with the smokers when I'm out. Most of the time people just accept that I'm vaping and don't ask about it. I don't talk about it unless they ask. If they do ask I have a short explanation ready and if they want more info I deal with it. I also have business cards with links to CASAA and to ECF on them.

I was a smoker for 37 years. Smokers are fun to hang around with :). I believe the dangers of second hand smoke are greatly exaggerated so I'm in no danger. Some vapers hate the smell of cigarette smoke after they switch, but it doesn't bother me.

Be cool and vape on.

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I always hang with the smokers when I'm out. Most of the time people just accept that I'm vaping and don't ask about it. I don't talk about it unless they ask. If they do ask I have a short explanation ready and if they want more info I deal with it. I also have business cards with links to CASAA and to ECF on them.

I was a smoker for 37 years. Smokers are fun to hang around with :). I believe the dangers of second hand smoke are greatly exaggerated so I'm in no danger. Some vapers hate the smell of cigarette smoke after they switch, but it doesn't bother me.

Be cool and vape on.

You should just use your Torpedo Move them into a wall. ... oh wait, you are Rye-dan, not Raiden.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I just went to a Halloween party last night, and the biggest issue I had was guys coming up and asking for a hit off my vape. (And of course that guy who just had to ask if I had any [other stuff] to put in it... :facepalm:)

I'm surprised how often that comes up. Obviously I don't get out of the house often enough.

faile

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Indiana
I'm surprised how often that comes up. Obviously I don't get out of the house often enough.

Me neither. This was the first party I've been able to go to in the last 2-3 years, and all of the people there that I actually knew KNOW better than to ask me questions like that! Not sure where this guy came from.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Welcome to my world (or Ed's & mine) it's die hard, been smokin' forever, "you can pry these ciggies out of our cold dead hands" older folks & bikers usually...

I like the idea of a card Ryedan...just :vapor: and hand 'em the card with the explanation like a mute. *lol* we'd carry one for the links to the roll your own stuff..why not this..

we do steer the receptive ones to here (ecf) :)

we have gotten to where we don't use the term "ecigarette" as we'd get "huh??" usually back, but call it a "PV" or "personal vaporizer ...vape for short" that seems to be more well received strangely, for now at least.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
I don't get asked at all when I am out with the smokers. I am all geared up to talk about it. I guess every one pretty much knows what it is. My only question was , "how much does that cost?" My little ego/clearo must look expensive.

that is MY most asked question. i just tell them the truth (as far as I go) my average cost is less than 1/6 my cost of smoking. i DIY liquid and use rda's that cost a few cents to coil and re-wick with organic cotton. usually i get a few "but what about the hassle?" types and i tell them i can't really equate that with the time i would have spent cleaning clothes,emptying ashtrays ,burnt holes in clothes,cars,carpets...and so on and then mention the the heath savings i am experiencing... not a lot of arguments forthcoming...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Some vapers hate the smell of cigarette smoke after they switch

Well I do, but I'm not about to make anybody who smokes feel like a leper. It wasn't too long ago I was there myself, I think we all "get" what it is/was like to be a smoker.

I think if I ran into a vaper who made smokers feel bad I would slap 'em on the side of their head. There's no need for attitude.

Yes, smoker's are fun to hang out with, so are coffee drinkers......I think those of us who have used these things have a little different chemistry that affected our brains, :lol: and I think there are indeed certain personality types that may be drawn to nicotine/caffeine or at least I have always thought so.

I'm also gonna say Look, vaping is NOT for everyone. There's a number of challenges involved, for some people, too numerous to go into. Thankfully there are also other harm reduction methods that might also work for somebody who wants to get off cigarettes. Hopefully if somebody wanted to put down the cigarettes, they would try whatever was available and works for them. That even includes "cold turkey" which does work for a number of people who just want closure.

There was an ebayer who had a mod I like up not long ago and I inquired why they were getting rid of it.......they said they vaped for a short time, got off cigs, then got a bad cold recently, couldn't vape, and just decided after not being able to vape for 5 days just to quit while ahead. That's fine, too. :) Said it didn't bother them at all and they didn't even have urges anymore for vaping or cigs.

Last edited:

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
At social gatherings I generally vape wherever it is appropriate to smoke. I try not to make a big deal about it and dont carry anything too crazy.

I normally have to say the following things:

This tastes kind of like a cinnabon topped with vanilla ice cream and hazelnut.

I got this battery because it was only 40$, it lasts all day and I can charge my phone with it in an emergency.

I havent touched a cigarrette in about 2 years, and I feel so much better.

Sorry, that is false... This contains vegetable glycerin, nicotine and a little flavoring, thats it.

The only time a battery will explode is when someone isnt taking care of their equipment or is being unsafe.

Do you have a pen? I will write this down so you will know what to ask for at the vape shop.

Sure, here is my number. text me id you need any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread