Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
Hello DIYer's,

I am quite new to vaping and based on one of the threads on the forum I decided to stock up on some base liquid in case the FDA interferes with my new hobby! I purchased 3 bottles of 500 ml /24 mg nic in PG base and 3 bottles of 500 ml/24 mg nic in VG base. Right now I know nothing about DIY- but I'm ready to start investigating and learning. My question is how do I store this stuff? It will take me a long time to use it I am sure. I appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

rockymtnrobin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Colorado
As Yzer said, small bottles in the freezer. This is what Wizard Labs has directed me to do. According to the email, if stored in smaller amber glass bottles in the freezer the base should last indefinitely.

I like that last bit.

Which reminds me, I should order another 500mL.
This what I do 60ml bottles from Amazon.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I stored 500 ml of 36mg in the refrigerator at about 40 degrees for 20 months. Tested it using a kit advertised on Ebay where you look for color changes. Not too precise, but I came out with 33 to 36 mg after 18 months. Couldn't tell exactly when the color changed...so all I know is that it's somewhere from 33 to 36 mg. So, maybe it didn't degrade at all. It was 100% PG, by the way.

It was in an opaque glass bottle and never opened until tested, so I never tested it when I got it.

Wizard labs comment about NO degredation is even more encouraging.

The freezer should be even better since the speed of chemical reactions tends to be cut in half for each 10 degree (C) or 18 degree(F) drop in temperature. This rule doesn't apply to everything, but it may be a decent ballpark estmate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread