Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I just found out one of my favorite vendors is going to have a good Nic base sale. Right now I have about 200 ml of 36 mg base that will probably last me another 4 of 5 months. I store everything in a box in my bathroom cabinent. If I was to get another 500 ml bottle would it be ok to store down there also? I don't have room in my freezer and it will probably be 4 months before I open it and it will take me over 6 months to use it.

I have been using the same bottle of base for the past few months stored in this manner and I can't tell a difference in how it tastes.

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
I purchase my DIY stuff from Wizard Labs. I am fortunate in that they are within an hour's drive from my home, so for my first order I drove over and met with them. They don't really have a "retail store" but do their business via internet orders. I had called ahead and asked if someone could assist me with my first order to make sure I got what I needed.

You may have noticed on their site that they tell you nicotine orders will take 3-5 days to fill. They do not keep nicotine batches ready made but create what you what when you order it, therefore, they do not have a stock available to just pick up and go. Now, that being said, they do have what they call "orphans." These are nicotine orders that were prepared but the customer, for some reason, changed their mind. Those they do have immediately available.

On the day that my wife and I visited, they only had one orphan available. It was 100mg/500ml, which is quite large and should last me for quite a while.

When I arrived at their facility, they had a chemist waiting for me to assist me with my first order. I had prepared a list of stuff I thought I might need and he went through it with me. They were fantastic! The Chemist, Colin, and later the owner, John, sat down with us and talked about what we wanted to do and went over our list. They told us, "no, you don't really need that, you can use this piece for both and save some money," (as John said, he is not a very good salesman but wants to be honest)!

Anyway, to my point, with such a large order of nicotine, John suggested that I get some glass colored glass bottles and separate the nicotine purchase into these bottles and store them in a freezer. They ship in plastic bottles which handle shipping better but for long term storage he recommended glass to prevent any issues with the nicotine interacting with the plastic. I got some 120ml amber glass bottles and spilt up my nicotine. Three are now resting comfortably in the freezer, each within their own plastic baggie. They take up very little room and are stuffed all the way in the back corner so they don't get in the way.

The nicotine and PG mixture will not actually freeze at the temps within a typical freezer, but they should be brought out and allowed to warm some before use. I am currently using the first bottle, but when it runs out I will bring out another one and simply leave it in my DIY tackle box...

Sorry for the long winded response, but hope it was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread