Travel and Vaping How to take ecig through security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irshjon

Oct 29, 2016
I just returned from a trip to Europe today. I packed the batteries separate, in plastic cases, and the mods loose in the carry on. I had no issues through security or customs in either direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ALSO CAME BACK FROM INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT.HAD MY BATTERYS IN BOXES, HAD MOD NO BATTERY INSIDE, NO PROBLEM ON CARRY ON.

irshjon

Oct 29, 2016
I've traveled by plane a couple times with my box mod, just put them in your carry on and pack the batteries separate in a safe container, I've never been hassled by airport security doing this.

Also, it is a good idea to remove your batteries from your mod when you're flying even though the FAA doesn't explicitly tell you to do so. There is always a chance, however small, that something could go very catastrophically wrong with your mod and an airplane is one of the worst places for that to happen
THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MECH. MODS NOT DIGITAL.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Just traveled from CA to NV and back. TSA is primarily interested, by way of vaping gear, in the following two areas: Internal/External Batteries and liquid. Doubt TSA is interest in any vape device that doesn't have batteries.
Internal battery built mods ok on person/carry on bag in flight. I took in two each Istick 30w in my pocket. At carry on baggage x-ray, was given a small bowl to put mods in. The bowl with batteries were sent on conveyor through he x-ray machine. No problems encountered.

Liquid: as many bottles that will fit in a 1 quart zip lock bag. None of the bottles exceeding 100ml. in liquid size. Ok in carry on or checked bag. One 1 quart bag (2 total) in carry or checked ok. No problems encountered.
If you had 2 checked in and 2 carry on bags, you probably would not have problems with traveling with 4 one quart bags total.

re; Liquids Rule

Sylvester Hiemstra

Jan 21, 2017
Just back from Dubai. Brough an EGO Battery in my hand luggage and several clearomizers in my checked bag along with the juices all in my toilet bag (in ziplocks). In Dubai I bought an Istick Pico and some more juice. Traveled home with the batteries in my carry on and everything else in checked luggage. No questions asked anywhere. Several others who attended the conference brought ecigs in carry on travelling from Belgium and France and they also walked straight through. One of them was even vaping away at the luggage belt i Dubai :)

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I just had a thought, when I flew to Dubai in 2009 I made sure my hold-baggage e-liquid was in sealed unopened bottles and packaging, A small 10ml opened bottle, mod, atomisers, batteries in plastic case with contacts covered in electrical tape plus charger went in carry-on luggage. E-cigs weren't too well known then, so I took no chances.

Perhaps its a non-issue, but for people who mix their own juice (as I do nowadays) would unlabelled bottles of liquid cause any issues? - I mean it could be anything in there.

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
I just had a thought, when I flew to Dubai in 2009 I made sure my hold-baggage e-liquid was in sealed unopened bottles and packaging, A small 10ml opened bottle, mod, atomisers, batteries in plastic case with contacts covered in electrical tape plus charger went in carry-on luggage. E-cigs weren't too well known then, so I took no chances.

Perhaps its a non-issue, but for people who mix their own juice (as I do nowadays) would unlabelled bottles of liquid cause any issues? - I mean it could be anything in there.

I've flown domestic and international with unmarked eliquid bottles many times with no issues. I use 60 ml clear squeeze bottles in a ziploc bag in my carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread