Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
They are cig-a-like atomizers, the greatest vape on earth 6 years ago. :D They are the precursor to rda's and where dripping got its start, you could only get about 3 drops each time (a few more for the initial prime). Yes, they are still available, just use a drip tip in place of the cartridge.
Yeah I just saw them for really cheap money!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I actually *taste* them, I have gotten so I can tell quite a bit via my tongue. I mean, it translates differently when I vape, but it will tell me a) if it's time to vape it yet and b) enough that I'm usually fairly certain I will like/not like. If I think I'll like it, I'll vape like a half a tank. If not, I'll try a really minimal amount in a tank and see what I need to change. I have enough flavors going now that I don't have to taste everything all at once....

Anna

At some vape shops near me the only way they allow you to sample the juice is to actually taste a drop on your fingertip.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I've been mixing different flavored retail juices in my tank since before it even was a tank, it was a carto. If you're actually trying to develop an ejuice that tastes good completely by itself then trying it that way may not be good enough, but myself I find using only one eliquid to rarely be a fair comparison. A RDA and a mixture of simple and complex juices to rotate between, constantly adjusting and varying flavor, complement each other perfectly.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    I actually *taste* them, I have gotten so I can tell quite a bit via my tongue. I mean, it translates differently when I vape, but it will tell me a) if it's time to vape it yet and b) enough that I'm usually fairly certain I will like/not like. If I think I'll like it, I'll vape like a half a tank. If not, I'll try a really minimal amount in a tank and see what I need to change. I have enough flavors going now that I don't have to taste everything all at once....

Anna

Another version of that is to mix single flavors with a little water (or PG/VG) before 'taste testing' them with your tongue (keeping in mind where the different taste 'buds' are on your tongue... sweet, salt, sour and bitter), then adjust the flavor percentage in the water to your personal taste for an idea of what percentage of that flavor you personally like. This is just a starting guide though as your gear/build will have influence on the flavor as well when the joose is vaporized.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    They are cig-a-like atomizers, the greatest vape on earth 6 years ago. :D They are the precursor to RDA's and where dripping got its start, you could only get about 3 drops each time (a few more for the initial prime). Yes, they are still available, just use a drip tip in place of the cartridge.

IMO there is a slight flaw in using these "depending on your vaping style". Typically they had high ohm coils by today's standards. When I first started vaping with KR808 gear carto's were 2.5, 2.2 or 1.8 ohm. No idea if their builds have came down/way down since though. Those high builds were fine for the tootle-puffers maybe (MTL), but not for DLH's. Very soon after I started vaping I switched to 18XXX gear and my builds dropped below 1.0 Ω. For the gear I use and my style now days a 0.2Ω is a high build.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Seems that most people are using an RDA.

Ok so what would be a SIMPLE RDA for someone who’s never built before (although I have ordered an OB Engine nano for future hobby)?

Appreciate everyone’s responses!!

sara

The skies the limit with RDA's. They come in many configurations with different types of fluid dynamics and in many sizes... some are generic, some are made for specific uses. Many of them are very easy to build and install coils for and wick (or you can even just buy pre made coils and wicking to use in them if you don't want to make your own). Most so called 'good' authentic flavor RDA's are cloned now days, so it doesn't have to be a big cash outlay to get into an RDA if you are willing to buy clones.

You didn't offer enough information on your vaping style to narrow down the field though.
    Do you MTL or DLH?
    What gear would you run the RDA on?
    Do you use single of dual coil gear now?
    Do you know what ohm coil(s) or power range (wattage) you now vape at?

Mentioned so far...
    ...The Hadaly is a 22mm single coil flavor atty that can do MTL fine, but has quite restricted air for DLH's. By design it can be an easy leaker if you over do it with the joose. I have 2 authentic Hadaly's.
    ...The Origen Little 16 is a 16mm single or dual coil flavor atty, does MTL, has restricted air for DLH's. Not hard to do even a dual build on if you understand the right way to thread the coil legs through the posts. I have 4 authentic O-16's.

As a wide open DLH vaper none of these check my boxes, but they are ample for MTL.

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread