How to thicken ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archane

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2016
So my mixes come out usually to about 86% vg after adding nic and flavorings. I figured this would make for a pretty thick ejuice but they vape like they are very thin. Seems pretty thick in the bottle though. I vape using the holic mtl rda running about 40 watts with a .74ohm coil. Not a ton of vapor which is fine but very wispy, like no thickness. Is there an additive to make ejuice thicker? Maybe thicker isnt the correct wording. It's like they have no body.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So my mixes come out usually to about 86% vg after adding nic and flavorings. I figured this would make for a pretty thick ejuice but they vape like they are very thin. Seems pretty thick in the bottle though. I vape using the holic mtl rda running about 40 watts with a .74ohm coil. Not a ton of vapor which is fine but very wispy, like no thickness. Is there an additive to make ejuice thicker? Maybe thicker isnt the correct wording. It's like they have no body.
The label on your vg will tell you what the water content is in your vg. Unless that number is over 1-2% I doubt it's the vg.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Have you tried vaping the same juice in a different setup, or a different juice in the same setup?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Not sure what your asking? Could read this:
"More clouds don't mean more flavor necessarily. It's all about the vapor to air ratio. MTL works well with high resistance low wattage because the over all vapor density is much higher. Low resistance and high wattage means you need more airflow for it to not get crazy hot. It's all about balancing your vapor production with your air intake."
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...1o/whats_the_difference_between_vaping_a_low/
"Too little or too much air will less clouds. Kanthal coils are said to produce more clouds."
"idea that the "clouds" are all completely tied and related to the resistance of their coil(s)"
My thoughts about sub-ohm and latest VV/VW devices...

Archane

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2016
Well it turns out it was my wick. I am using cotton bacon prime and up until this new rda everything was great. For some reason it just doesn’t wick well in the holic. I switched to rayon and I’ve been using it for a day or so now and problem solved. I guess I’m becoming a rayon convert now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread