Huge thanks to Evolv, what a great company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I bought a lost vape Paranormal DNA75C about a year ago. This week I was replacing the batteries and the door broke at the black plastic part. What a bummer, because I love this classy mod.

I googled the problem and saw on a forum post that someone had contacted Evolv, and they had shipped him a replacement part. I figured it could not hurt, and sent my problem to them asking if they could help. The next day I had an email replying:

"We would be happy to send out replacement parts for your device.

Please note that despite what our RMA email says, for a Replacement Parts RMA you do NOT need to ship anything to us.

We have issued you an RMA Authorization. Please check either your email or the top of this ticket for the RMA Form link."

Wow, I have no idea how they have the lost vape part, as they made the board in the mod. They did not ask about warranty periods or vendor or anything. They just stepped up to help! That is unheard of customer service. Now I am an Evolv customer forever.

A personal thanks to Jacob at Evolv, Inc for handling my problem. Here's my soon to be fixed baby wearing a OFRF Gear RTA.
Paranormal DNA75C.jpg

Last edited:

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Well, there is joy for my Paranormal DNA75C today, the part arrived! Fantastic of Evolv to do this IMOP. I immediately tackled putting in the new part and for the life of me could not get it to install properly. Then I began comparing the old and new part and saw they were not identical. I googled the issue and found a thread on the Evolv forum where the issue had been encountered and a fix:

On 8/22/2018 at 6:20 PM, TNT0305 said:

"Where it connects at the hinge was *slightly* different than the one my particular Paranormal had. It had some little tabs on 2 sides. On the 3rd side (on the the end of the thing), the original had the tab, also. I was able to just take some snips and remove the "extra" tabs. After that, wham, bam and done. Thanks Evolv!"

Just came on here to say thanks to the OP and dwcraig1 for this thread and link to evolv helpdesk, and evolv for their fantastic support! Raised a ticket 2 weeks ago and replacement part promised straight away. Arrived yesterday (shipped to UK).

For anyone finding this thread, had the same issue as TNT0305 with the tabs on the side, but easy enough to resolve as stated (see pic). I found getting the (very tiny) screws back in the hardest bit, but that's as much about my eyesight as anything else.

Thanks again evolv - fantastic customer service!

So I used my wire snips from my coiling kit and reluctantly cut away the tabs. Bit of a shame because they appear to have been added to provide additional strength, but would require a slightly modified metal door to work.

In any case, it installed easily after the minor surgery. The door now works, and my Paranormal has made a complete recovery. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread