The Evolv Replay - Tips and Tricks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
As the Replay feature for the DNA 250c and 75c chipsets is new technology that folk are just getting to know, I thought a thread for suggestions on it's use might be helpful for us. Particularly as the topic is not all that well covered so far on the Evolv forum.

I got my Paranormal up and running with the 75c update and Replay functioning. For those familiar with the EScribe software, there is a ton of tweaking and customizing you can do if you like.

For example there are 8 profiles for different materials and modes. In the past these were typically used to cover Wattage mode, and then temp controls for things like SS316L, SS430, Nickel 200, Titanium, and NiFethal 30.

It occurred to me that since I either use SS316L material or non TC coils, if I re-purposed these profile slots I could do something like this:

1. Watts - A simple power mode for when I want to vape non-TC.
2. SS316L - A traditional TC mode for SS316L when I don't want to use Replay.
And that leaves me six slots for "recorded" Replay settings captured by specific favorite tanks.
3. Doggystyle
4. Prime
5. Siren 2
6. Crius 2
7. OBS Nano
8. Wake RTA

As long as I consistently coil a given tank, I can pop it on the mod, and voilà! I should always get the perfect vape when using that tank just by using it's profile :thumb:. Well that is the theory, now for testing. I did save two profiles "Replay 1" and "Replay 2" and then saved a recorded vape for each, and switched between them, and it seemed to work.

It will take a bit more time to get it done for 6 tanks all properly recorded. And then testing to see what I may be missing.

So feel free to post your thoughts, critiques, and tips on how to get the most from Replay here :)

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
A Screen Snip from the EScribe software showing a custom profile for the Doggystyle. This is showing how it looks after being created, then used to save a puff on the mod, and then reconnected to let you see a puff has been saved.
Doggystyle Replay .PNG

And for those who have not played with the Theme Designer, a simple example of putting your initials on the Lock Screen.
BEH Theme Grab.PNG

A png image was created (note that white lettering on a transparent background was used) in the paint.net program and the default Evolv image replaced by the initials:
Capture of BEH Graphic File.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread