• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Ouch, sorry to hear that and hoping you're out and on the mend PDQ.

People here in Jax are getting panicky, bottled water and gas are becoming scarce and generators are worth their weight in gold right now.

@classwife thanks for the thread, although I have to say I'm getting tired of having to have these "path of the storm" threads.

Praying for strong high pressure from the west and a watery, easterly path and death for Irma.
Welcome to the forum!

I too am in the Jax area and you're right, things are hopping. Luckily we have a generator that we bought the last time.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome to the forum!

I too am in the Jax area and you're right, things are hopping. Luckily we have a generator that we bought the last time.

I've been around for awhile but thanks for the welcome :)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Always important to keep a sense of humor...

IMG_7164.PNG

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
That's what our local news is broadcasting (Tampa Bay area). I would consider our local population as just doing due diligence. Friday/Saturday is when folk should panic!

I manage 30+ employees, some of which are approaching full panic mode. I've tried to tell them all the worry in the world won't change its course one bit, she's gonna do what she's gonna do.

IMG_7165.JPG

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
BTW - Just as an FYI:

Don't get to complacent either, cause no matter what "Harvey" did to our friends in Texas and the damage "Irma" does to Us - there are 2 more Hurricanes in the works too . . .
searching_with_scope_md_wm_v2.gif

"Jose" & "Katia"
Caribbean - Gulf

see.gif
Katia is going west into Mexico.

Meanwhile, Tx & FL passing that beer back & forth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I manage 30+ employees, some of which are approaching full panic mode. I've tried to tell them all the worry in the world won't change its course one bit, she's gonna do what she's gonna do.

View attachment 684579
Exactly. All you can do is prep for your worst case scenario the best you can. The weather will do whatever the heck it wants to do. Can't control it

We will start putting up hurricane shutters on Friday. Probably start pulling things in from the pool area tonight. Pole skimmers, pool umbrella, pool hose and the water toys.

We have stuff planned out as far as timing goes and everything should be done a couple of days before landfall.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
:unsure: yepper, at this time 'experts' are leaning to Irma climbing up the east coast side - I'm surprised they ALL changed it (spaghetti projections)
even 'Jose' has been projected to dance around in the open Atlantic now (it was to back track to the Gulf side)
all we can do is -plan for the worst/hope for the best- be smart and prepare the best we all can :thumb:

upload_2017-9-6_14-37-42.png

upload_2017-9-6_14-51-20.png

at 2:50 pm 9/6/17​

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
If it does come right up the center.... The storm is huge and everyone in Florida will feel some sort of effect (affect?).

East side will be worse :( Only possible saving grace is it will downgrade quickly...hopefully.

Stay safe Neighbor

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Don't want to endanger my lurker status, but I'm getting worried. Due to my schedule I won't have time to do anything until Friday. Hope it will be enough. [emoji32]

I'm surprised they aren't letting people take Thursday and Friday to get ready!

I do hope you have help!!!!! Miami looks to be in trouble from the latest hurricane track. Hope it will shift east more :nun:

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
I'm surprised they aren't letting people take Thursday and Friday to get ready!

I do hope you have help!!!!! Miami looks to be in trouble from the latest hurricane track. Hope it will shift east more :nun:
I work for a public utility. I'm lucky enough people volunteered for hurricane duty so I don't have to work it.

My problem is that I live alone in an old house. Lots of work to do, and the cats aren't very helpful. [emoji75]

Thanks for the well wishes, the track has been moving around a little. I hope it moves a little more because one of those big dots is just about over my house. [emoji79]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread