• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I'm sure you people are aware of these things from past experience, but just ran across this list and figured it wouldn't hurt to post it anyway:

Many people think about food and water, but don’t think about some of the other factors to prepare.

Here are 15 things you can do, in addition to getting extra food and non-perishable items!

1. Fill your gas tank
  2. Fill all necessary prescriptions
  3. Get a manual can opener
  4. Fill your tub with water in order to be able to flush, wash dishes, etc.
  5. buy enough pet food, and include them your water supply
  6. Do you have babies? Stock up on diapers and formula, and even feminine hygiene products
  7. Get propane for your grill
  8. Ensure that you have cash in case that’s all the money you have access to for a while
  9. Charge all your devices….even if power lines are down, you can still listen to music or play games
  10. Put all you important papers (Birth certificates, deed, homeowners or rental insurance policy, passports, automobile paperwork) into a water tight container
  11. Wash all your laundry in case you can’t do laundry for a while
  12. Fill your freezer with bags of ice and/or water bottles.
  13. Buy extra ammo, always have a way to protect yourself
  14. Stock up on paper products (paper plates, plastic utensils, toilet paper, paper towels)
  15. Get oil lamps, lanterns, candles, flashlights, and matches
Don’t forget to also put away anything loose outside your house, or tie it down, because it can potentially become a projectile!

Please, please people, don't take any chances and stay safe!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
AND - Ya' Didn't Tell "ME" ! ! ! :cry::cry::cry:
SHAME ON ME, i know. We'll meet up someday, soon.
me too please one days
girl_in_love.gif

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
From the other side of the Nation, we'll be watching, and hopeful for the best for all of you.

Koncerned? VERY, but we'll stay positive, and will send love and good thoughts to all our Floridian buds.

<wub>

Amen Kat! Fingers crossed for everyone.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hello.....Irma fearful here. It's all my office could talk about today. We don't have anywhere we can go, so if it looks like it's really coming to make an unwelcome visit to Tampa, our new home came with hurricane shutters, which we'll put on and hunker in. My other half went shopping today, so we have water, batteries, and only healthy things to eat. No chips or cookies for us, nah unh, but we'll have sustenance. I had to visit the people who live behind us. We've only lived here a year and we've never met, but they have lot's of wood on top of a storage shed that if not removed will surely become unguided missiles if the wind is strong enough. They were very nice and promised to clean everything up, which was nice.

This was on my Facebook feed, and for anyone who remembers me from Provape threads, knows this has special meaning to me. I thought it was kind of funny.

View attachment 684369

rb ! So good to hear from you (even under this circumstance !!)
:wub:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
rb ! So good to hear from you (even under this circumstance !!)
:wub:
Hey, welcome back stranger!

All are welcome. I got a small condo but plenty of ejuice and video games for all!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Welcome to ECF! It's a great place with lots of great people who are always willing to help!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Well - if Ya' read my other post, then most of you already know what is has been happening around here (FT Lauderdale) since yesturday . . . Today - of course - was even worse . . . The good thing is they are getting what they NEED today and not waiting until "Irma" is knocking at the door like last time when "Wilma" came a shore . . . Thankfully, I am pretty much set-up with what I NEEDED to have since the beginning of the season, especially if I was going to stay in "My" apartment . . . (All I want to do tomorrow is get a haircut & 1 load of laundry done). . . However, I am NOT staying here (half "My" stuff I'm taking already in the trunk of car - just clothes & meds now left to pack), but going up to WPB to be with my best friends in their home just like when "Mathew" came breezing by last year . . . AND - If things change for the worse and it looks as though another "Andrew" is on the way here - I'll be heading for @Bea-FL or @classwife place . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on up!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Last edited:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Crap, Irma heading our way and I am stuck in a hospital! Long story short, freak accident claimed the tip of my right thumb and it is getting fixed as best they can. Poor hubby is left to deal with battening down alone.

Don't know if we will stay or go, I just hope I am out in time. If nothing else to help with the 2 dogs. Stay safe everyone!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Crap, Irma heading our way and I am stuck in a hospital! Long story short, freak accident claimed the tip of my right thumb and it is getting fixed as best they can. Poor hubby is left to deal with battening down alone.

Don't know if we will stay or go, I just hope I am out in time. If nothing else to help with the 2 dogs. Stay safe everyone!

Ouch, sorry to hear that and hoping you're out and on the mend PDQ.

People here in Jax are getting panicky, bottled water and gas are becoming scarce and generators are worth their weight in gold right now.

@classwife thanks for the thread, although I have to say I'm getting tired of having to have these "path of the storm" threads.

Praying for strong high pressure from the west and a watery, easterly path and death for Irma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread