• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Me no likey.
Current forecast is still for Maria to go almost straight north, while staying well east of 75°W, where she's no threat to FL.

25MkyxL.gif

Now if I was in Outer Banks, I'd still have some concern, but I wouldn't pull the yellow handle just yet.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yup sure, not exterior insulation. A wonder bar would help but I've been known to be a monster.
(actually EIFS which has wet and dried slowly can be harder than stucco) I've removed both.
The next time I need some demo work done, I know who to PM! :w00t:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Current forecast is still for Maria to go almost straight north, while staying well east of 75°W, where she's no threat to FL.

25MkyxL.gif

Now if I was in Outer Banks, I'd still have some concern, but I wouldn't pull the yellow handle just yet.

It's way east, still worth watching but I think FL, GA, and Texas are safe

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

25MkyxL.gif

Mine was a yellow ring with black stripes.:lol:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
:rickroll: Cable is Back :rickroll:

Took a full 2 weeks for them to fix it. Was only the connector on the pole, took a couple of minutes to fix once he got up the ladder, cut of the bad connector, put on a new connector, plug it back in. :facepalm: Really sucks to have not had cable for 2 weeks because of a .10 cent connector that failed. :(

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

Took a full 2 weeks for them to fix it. Was only the connector on the pole, took a couple of minutes to fix once he got up the ladder, cut of the bad connector, put on a new connector, plug it back in. :facepalm: Really sucks to have not had cable for 2 weeks because of a .10 cent connector that failed. :(

Uhuh…kinda makes ya wanna put a connector where the sun don't shine. But congrats Burn. This too has passed.

Good luck. :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Yay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Today we drove over to Scenic Drive, a 4-5 mile road which runs along Black Creek. Beatiful area and beautiful waterfront homes nestled in live oak trees. Black Creek flooded during Irma. Residents were told to evacuate because even though most of the houses are elevated as the creek floods with heavy rain, it was likely to get high enough to flood the houses. And it did. This was the highest it reached in about 150 years and the photos below are the result…it's mostly construction material and furniture…in front of every property for about 3-4 miles.

So sad and so awful for those poor people.

IMG_3386.JPG
IMG_3387.JPG
IMG_3389.JPG

Edit: I found out today that in some of these houses the water reached the roof!

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Does anyone know the status of things in the Keys?
In the paper this morning. :)

Irma recovery: Florida Keys will open to visitors Oct. 1

AssociAted Press

KEY WEST — Florida Keys officials say the island chain hit hard by Hurricane Irma will reopen to tourists Oct. 1.

Officials made their announcement Monday, more than two weeks after the Category 4 storm made landfall in the Florida Keys. The storm destroyed an estimated 25 percent of homes on the islands.

Florida Keys officials asked visitors to postpone their trips after the storm damaged power and water supplies. Florida Keys spokesman Andy Newman said power and water service is now restored to customers that can receive them and a boil water notice has been lifted.

The Key West and Marathon airports have reopened, but debris removal continues and some hotels and tourist facilities are still recovering.

Key West did have its first cruise ship return to the island on Sunday.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
In the paper this morning. :)

Irma recovery: Florida Keys will open to visitors Oct. 1

AssociAted Press

KEY WEST — Florida Keys officials say the island chain hit hard by Hurricane Irma will reopen to tourists Oct. 1.

Officials made their announcement Monday, more than two weeks after the Category 4 storm made landfall in the Florida Keys. The storm destroyed an estimated 25 percent of homes on the islands.

Florida Keys officials asked visitors to postpone their trips after the storm damaged power and water supplies. Florida Keys spokesman Andy Newman said power and water service is now restored to customers that can receive them and a boil water notice has been lifted.

The Key West and Marathon airports have reopened, but debris removal continues and some hotels and tourist facilities are still recovering.

Key West did have its first cruise ship return to the island on Sunday.

Glad to hear they're getting some things up and running. Amazing given the extent of the damage. It won't be the same, but maybe will turn out to be even better. I guess when you live on an island you have to expect nature to to redecorate every so often. She's sure got a heavy hand for doing that!!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Hope the Key Deer survived.
They are about the size of a large dog, very tame, and would walk right up to you.
Only found on two islands.
Irma’s impact on key deer not known
I hope so too. Did you read that there was a great deal of damage to the coral reefs too. Wildlife gets hit hard when disasters happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread