• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I think most of the ones that stay and "Ride it Out" have never been through a BAD hurricane like this one. If anything cat 3 or above was heading for me I would already be gone. These bad boys are nothing to take lightly when they get that strong.

Hoping everyone stays safe. :nun:

Here is a little history of Andrew in 1992
Hurricane Andrew: 20 Facts You May Have Forgotten (PHOTOS, VIDEO) | Huffington Post
Great! It's looking like Matthieu has the dubious distinction of being worse than Andrew.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Robin are you sure you're safe? I dont know how close to the beach you are but thry're talking 20' surges. Will being 6 miles away protect you from the surge's effect?

Surge generally peters out about 2-3 miles inland.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm pretty sure I'm too far away to be in the storm surge area.

indian River Drive follows the Indian River Lagoon. All along that road, the private docks are probably 10' down from the road.

The storm surge would have to go through the island, across the lagoon and up over the embankment. Then it would have to travel another 6 miles to hit my house.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
it's raining pretty good here
CuHcdIIUEAAAPgf.jpg

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
it's raining pretty good here

Wesley Chapel should be in the clear. I am just north and west of you in Hernando Beach. We are getting winds out of the north and it's a nice breezy night so far. Supposed to have sustained winds up to 60 this evening, but nothing major.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
It's wet but pretty quite in Jax right now. I'm going to watch some football and forget about the weather for a little while. Hope all stay safe tonight.

Stay safe and alert in Jax. Supposed to get ugly. Fortunately the sun will be up for you all though.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just doing a quick check-in, Thankfully I was at Freinds in WPB - strom went by here and no massive damage & electric stayed on so we had ac . . . (Insert very joyful smiley) . . . Propably go back to apartment in FTL when get the all clear from neighbor . . . :D Hopeeveryone else is alright and doing well . . . I'll check back later . . . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread