Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I haven’t filled it yet. I wanted to show my pics first. Does this look okay?
Also, I wonder if I couldn’t adjust the airflow because it wasn’t on a mod? Obviously it needs to be on a mod to get the deck off...
1dc571552cd9691fca460adf559c3df0.jpg

27173f557929d35ca2fff3ce794893fa.jpg

0ddf15732d8f1b5782ba2421b0bbd7a8.jpg

http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1472238000_20_1_USD_8_default.png[/img

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I haven’t filled it yet. I wanted to show my pics first. Does this look okay?
Also, I wonder if I couldn’t adjust the airflow because it wasn’t on a mod? Obviously it needs to be on a mod to get the deck off...

Your coil is not centered and seems to be placed too high. With such installation you will not get very good draw. The easiest way to secure coil is to use coil 2.5mm ID clockwise winded coil on screwdriver that rest in those "U" shaped cutouts on edge of deck... middle of coil need to be over center of deck and top of wick just (tiny bit) above flat areas of deck... your is way, way too high... your wick needs to be almost horizontal not bended downward over U shaped notches... it should fully fill notch on both sides... it is more important than fully fill wells.
It looks like you are using anticlockwise winded coil and such coil is pain in the neck to install on Project X... your wick should be also just a little more even on both sides...

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Your coil is not centered and seems to be placed too high. With such installation you will not get very good draw. The easiest way to secure coil is to use coil 2.5mm ID clockwise winded coil on screwdriver that rest in those "U" shaped cutouts on edge of deck... middle of coil need to be over center of deck and top of wick just (tiny bit) above flat areas of deck... your is way, way too high... your wick needs to be almost horizontal not bended downward over U shaped notches... it should fully fill notch on both sides... it is more important than fully fill wells.
It looks like you are using anticlockwise winded coil and such coil is pain in the neck to install on Project X... your wick should be also just a little more even on both sides...

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed, informative reply! I didn’t even know that I should wrap the legs in a certain direction! I will take this one out and make a coil with a 2.5 mm diameter coil (the one in the pic is 2.0 mm) and install according to your instructions

ETA: I see you actually meant the way I wound the coil. I will wind one per your instructions
http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1472238000_20_1_USD_8_default.png[/img

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Also, can someone explain the best way to fill this tank?

Is it through these 2 side holes?
41e88fd357bc603eec5c0016b43036e3.jpg

Eta: I meant to show it like this:
76742544b9d1d56ef67cc58a08400bd9.jpg

No, those holes are not for filling. To fill the tank you have to pull off top cap and you will find side filling opening.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

How does this look? I wound it in the opposite direction that I normally do and placed it lower
9cd5e039b57c7545cc268aaa2238b2c0.jpg

822af35ba6b4767a4ecfdc06c1c08ccd.jpg

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
@ChelsB : I think the best advice I could give you is to carefully watch Todd’s review in its entirety - maybe more than once.

Re how to fill and how the juice flow control works, see around 3:30 - 6:00. Coil build and wicking follows thereafter.

IMO, a 2.5 mm coil is perfect for the Project X - just use the slots as a guide for your coil rod/bit/mandrel. Also, again IMO, the wick in your last pic looks a bit too thin, although it might work if it is cotton. Definitely too thin if it’s rayon.

Again, watch the video!

PS: Your first coil looks clockwise and correct to me. Your second looks counterclockwise.

Last edited:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
@ChelsB : I think the best advice I could give you is to carefully watch Todd’s review in its entirety - maybe more than once.

Re how to fill and how the juice flow control works, see around 3:30 - 6:00. Coil build and wicking follows thereafter.

IMO, a 2.5 mm coil is perfect for the Project X - just use the slots as a guide for your coil rod/bit/mandrel. Also, again IMO, the wick in your last pic looks a bit too thin, although it might work if it is cotton. Definitely too thin if it’s rayon.

Again, watch the video!

Thanks, I’m going to watch it now

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed, informative reply! I didn’t even know that I should wrap the legs in a certain direction! I will take this one out and make a coil with a 2.5 mm diameter coil (the one in the pic is 2.0 mm) and install according to your instructions

ETA: I see you actually meant the way I wound the coil. I will wind one per your instructions

Yes, after second look I see you wound coil the right way... after you place coil on screwdriver or any rod (that is same diameter as inside diameter your coil is) rest it in notches... move coil to be exactly in center of deck press it with your thumb so it will not move and secure coil legs wit screws... remove rod and your coil will be perfectly positioned. If you use very thin wire be careful to not displace coil from that perfect position (that is why I prefer to use thicker wire (26 gauge) as it not bend so easily like 28 gauge. You can use 2 mm diameter coil the same way but with 2 mm do not thin the wick too much because wick may not fill tightly that inside "u" notch and you risk flooding if there is tiny gap...

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Thanks but mine doesn’t seem to have side holes...?
043e41c85f43a71a7c73a017f2ee7db0.jpg

Eta: I found the hole!
fdba659ba4345bcf4b3a034ad6cf7a06.jpg

Bingo!!! :):):)

You also have to remember that Project X has juice flow control so do not forget to open it after filling. Yes, Project X can be confusing for those that never had RTA with juice flow control and are used to unscrewing insted twisting and pulling... but after mastering "how to" it is easiest RTA to use with excellent draw and flavor.:)

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    How does this look? I wound it in the opposite direction that I normally do and placed it lower
    9cd5e039b57c7545cc268aaa2238b2c0.jpg

822af35ba6b4767a4ecfdc06c1c08ccd.jpg

I do my coil with the legs down. But it should be OK legs up - the coil position looks better. Rest the coil rod in the bottom notches, tighten the legs, snip and that is all you need to do for position.

I wick relatively tightly in the coil with cotton, cut it a bit further out than Todd's vid (do it his way! ;)) then place the ends into the wells.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Yes, after second look I see you wound coil the right way... after you place coil on screwdriver or any rod (that is same diameter as inside diameter your coil is) rest it in notches... move coil to be exactly in center of deck press it with your thumb so it will not move and secure coil legs wit screws... remove rod and your coil will be perfectly positioned. If you use very thin wire be careful to not displace coil from that perfect position (that is why I prefer to use thicker wire (26 gauge) as it not bend so easily like 28 gauge. You can use 2 mm diameter coil the same way but with 2 mm do not thin the wick too much because wick may not fill tightly that inside "u" notch and you risk flooding if there is tiny gap...

Yeah, I used 28 g. I think I’ll try with 26 g instead. I obviously need to practice before I fill it again! My building and wicking skills are pretty rusty and tanks such as this require some level of skill to build and wick! I’m very thankful for all the helpful replies. I’m committed to figuring this out!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I do my coil with the legs down. But it should be OK legs up - the coil position looks better. Rest the coil rod in the bottom notches, tighten the legs, snip and that is all you need to do for position.

I wick relatively tightly in the coil with cotton, cut it a bit further out than Todd's vid (do it his way! ;)) then place the ends into the wells.

Do you wrap your wire around the screw a full time so that it actually overlaps a little?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks but mine doesn’t seem to have side holes...?
    043e41c85f43a71a7c73a017f2ee7db0.jpg

Eta: I found the hole!
    fdba659ba4345bcf4b3a034ad6cf7a06.jpg

Best bit of advice I can give - once you have the deck built and ready to go - VG the hell out of that bottom o-ring on the deck.

Also VG the hell out of the two o-rings on the fill port

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread