Hussar Project X RTA Clone (by Coppervape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Its seem the airflow is narrow to sub ohm but when you turn on it can became 1 hole. The one impress me is the airflow inside will be same big with outside airflow. Technically it will be perfect rta for DL and MTL depending on your setup. But I think wicking seem will be not easy.. Any exp and tough pls share here...
FB_IMG_1541904921964.jpg
FB_IMG_1541904913768.jpg

Edited to add :
@ShowMeTwice 's Comprehensive Pictutorial

.....now a PDF file !

Coil Building and Installing

Wicking (with rayon)

Assembly

Last edited by a moderator:

woodyowl

May 13, 2016
Its seem the airflow is narrow to sub ohm but when you turn on it can became 1 hole. The one impress me is the airflow inside will be same big with outside airflow. Technically it will be perfect rta for DL and MTL depending on your setup. But I think wicking seem will be not easy.. Any exp and tough pls share here... View attachment 779323 View attachment 779325
I did find the wicking tricky, was getting dry hits. I tried cutting the cotton tails at a 45 degree angle (so less cotton in the deck juice wells) and it has helped so far.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
This is an incredible rta. I have the Coppervape clone. It is the only rta that I have that excels at both DL and MTL. The reason for this is when you cut off the airflow on the outside it is also cutoff in the inside. You can even make it a tight MTL by cutting the airflow to 1/2 a hole on each side. It is also very easy to wick. Cut it to the length of the base and then cut at an angle to thin out the wick at the ends. This is the closest I have come across a rta that performs like a rda.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Just got the cheaper clone from Fasttech today. What a wonderful vape. I am rocking it with one airhole open on each side which gives me a Kayfun 5'ish amount of airflow.

When it comes to the quality it seems 100% fine as far as I can tell. There was quite a lot of machining residue in the negative post screw hole, but I've had that on more expensive clones like YTFK and SXK too. Also, the thicker o-rings for the deck and the top cap seems to be a bit thick, I am having a hard time removing especially the top cap.

So far, so good. I am a bit worried that juice is gonna come pouring out the side airflow (like many RDAs do) when condensation starts to build up in the chamber, but we'll see.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
So after using it I have discovered a weakness, at least with mine. If I pack too much cotton, obviously I get dry hits. But if I put too little cotton, it will keep wicking even when I am not puffing on it, until it floods the deck and starts leaking. I am pretty sure all o-rings are sealing properly and that there's no air leaks.

Someone else had that issue? Or does not have that issue?

Just wanna repeat also that the vape is just marvellous, so it would be nice to get it working properly!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Nice of you to open this @classwife thank you. :)

@AngeNZ - hey hi! :) Didn't you get one just the other day and popped a photo up in shinyville? Or am I losing it? I was just looking at the coppervape vsn at FT.
    Each air hole is supposed to be 1.3mm. From looking at photos it looks like it may be on the airy-er side MTL using one air hole on each side. IDK
    How restrictive can you actually get with only one air hole?
    Could you try that for me and let me know pleeeeeeze???
    Then, if I can ask for one more favor, could you try moving the AF to cover 1/2 of one and try it. Please and thanks.
    I do like it. The deck does look super easy to build on.

Thanks Ange! :D I appreciate you. :wub:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Thanks Classy :D

Poke your head in sometime @Janusz and @Vape Muppet @Heartsdelight and @Letitia and anyone else who has or wants a project x

@NolaMel you need one or two of these too :p

How you like Hussar Project X? Properly wicked it is for me delight to vape... only EVL Reaper can match it for satisfying vape. I am happy to have extension for my Project X and Reaper V3... this combo gives me total of 9 ml so I can vape whole day without need to fill those 2 tanks :) from time to time I use Dvarw or Doggy but telling the truth I am always glad to return to Reaper and Hussar.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

@AngeNZ - hey hi! :) Didn't you get one just the other day and popped a photo up in shinyville? Or am I losing it? I was just looking at the coppervape vsn at FT.
    Each air hole is supposed to be 1.3mm. From looking at photos it looks like it may be on the airy-er side MTL using one air hole on each side. IDK
    Then, if I can ask for one more favor, could you try moving the AF to cover 1/2 of one and try it. Please and thanks.

I actually played with the tightness on it this morning. And no, you aren't losing the plot - yet ;)

With only one hole open each side : it is pretty restricted. Definitely mtl, but tighter than the sxk doggystyle RTA which has a 1.6mm id airflow hole.
    With only one hole open: she's pretty bloody tight ;)

If you want to tighten it even more - you can have it so only part of the hole is open. It's pretty flexible airflow wise.

Buy one :D:wub:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA

@AngeNZ -

For sure it is not Berserker tight draw...
    With just one air hole open restriction of draw will be similar to SMYJ Doggy and 1/2 of one hole will be similar to SXK Doggy... the deck is really, really easy to build... easiest of all decks I ever build... much easier than Dvarw, Doggy or even Siren ...but it is very important to not put too much cotton because if tank will press cotton in area of u shape cutout it can compress cotton and cause poor wicking leading to dry hits... for those reason coils of bigger ID than 2.5mm are not recomended. Properly wicked Project X can be chain vaped without dry hits or poor flavor...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I actually played with the tightness on it this morning. And no, you aren't losing the plot - yet ;)

With only one hole open each side : it is pretty restricted. Definitely mtl, but tighter than the sxk doggystyle RTA which has a 1.6mm id airflow hole.
    With only one hole open: she's pretty bloody tight ;)

If you want to tighten it even more - you can have it so only part of the hole is open. It's pretty flexible airflow wise.

Buy one :D:wub:

Thanks Ange! :wub: I do appreciate that.
    Ordered!
    I will try harder next time with my lost plot.......:lol:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    For sure it is not Berserker tight draw...
    With just one air hole open restriction of draw will be similar to SMYJ Doggy and 1/2 of one hole will be similar to SXK Doggy... the deck is really, really easy to build... easiest of all decks I ever build... much easier than Dvarw, Doggy or even Siren ...but it is very important to not put too much cotton because if tank will press cotton in area of u shape cutout it can compress cotton and cause poor wicking leading to dry hits... for those reason coils of bigger ID than 2.5mm are not recomended. Properly wicked Project X can be chain vaped without dry hits or poor flavor...
    Thank you. I do appreciate that. And ordered one. Now I wait for the sloooow boat! ;)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    How you like Hussar Project X? Properly wicked it is for me delight to vape... only EVL Reaper can match it for satisfying vape. I am happy to have extension for my Project X and Reaper V3... this combo gives me total of 9 ml so I can vape whole day without need to fill those 2 tanks :) from time to time I use Dvarw or Doggy but telling the truth I am always glad to return to Reaper and Hussar.

I'm really enjoying it - and your glowing reference was why I bought it. It's an awesome moist vape.

I love how easy it is to put a coil in - with the coil rod grooves on the deck, you just need to trap the wire and snip off the legs:thumb:

Wicking: I cut my tails to the deck, then cut them a bit shorter. Fluffed and shoved and it has been wicking perfectly :D

Here's Todd's build video:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread