Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Harrison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Waynesboro, TN.
Well,
I've been really happy with what I've been vaping with for about the past month.

Chrome Provari around 5.1v, depending on the juice, with Boge XL SR 3.2ohm caro's with the Phiniac tank with SS caps.

It is now time for me to expand. The main reason that I purchased it was it has 5ohm replaceable coils with wicks. I would probably not even think about doing this if I could find some Boge cartos that were rated at 5ohm.

I purchased this stuff at gotvapes.com

1 - Hyper SRT rebuildable
4 - 5ohm replaceable wicks and coils
4 - 3ohm replaceable wicks and coils
2 - 1.7ohm replaceable wicks and coils

Anyone have any experience with 5ohms on a Provari at 6v or there abouts?

:toast:

Scott Harrison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Waynesboro, TN.
got my stuff in today.

1 - Hyper SRT rebuildable SMOKtech GotVapes Hyper SRT Rebuildable Tank Atomizer 4.0ml [gv-SMOKtechHyperSRT] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
4 - 5ohm replaceable wicks and coils
4 - 3ohm replaceable wicks and coils
2 - 1.7ohm replaceable wicks and coils

The coil that came in the unit was 2.3ohms. I pulled it out and stuck a 5ohm in and set my Provari to 6volts. It produces more vapor than anything else I have. 5ohms at 6volts is an awesome vape IMHO. I don't care what anyone says that 15 dollar rebuildable is freeking awesome. I've been using it for 4 hours and chain vaping and I have not had 1 dry or partial dry hit. Definitely worth the price.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Glad it works well for you. :)

I just got two of these a couple of days ago, along with two of the Phoenix rebuildables. I've been too busy playing with the Phoenix to try this one yet, but I suspect that I'll have to mod the SRT just a bit to make it to my liking. Enlarging the wick holes by around 50% will be a must for me, as I use bamboo thread for wick, and it'd be a pain with those small holes.

I'd say they're both pretty awesome.

socalfisher

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
SoCal
I use my SRT with 2.5ohm at 4.0v on my LT with that setting if I was to go any higher the it causes the juice to ignite.(at least with the cap off) There isnt any hotspots on the coil either sort of iffy on how GV premakes the coils. I noticed that I can uncoil them and re wrap them to work better with kantanal A-1 for improved flavor and improved performance

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Glad it works well for you. :)

I just got two of these a couple of days ago, along with two of the Phoenix rebuildables. I've been too busy playing with the Phoenix to try this one yet, but I suspect that I'll have to mod the SRT just a bit to make it to my liking. Enlarging the wick holes by around 50% will be a must for me, as I use bamboo thread for wick, and it'd be a pain with those small holes.

I'd say they're both pretty awesome.

Both my SRT (which I enlarged the holes to 2.1mm) and the one I purchased for my father(unmodded) have failed. I assumed mine was due to the enlarged holes, but the father's failed exactly as mine did. We think that heat weakened the polypropolene where the metal post meets the base of the top plate.

Since the SRT vaped better than anything I'd tried before, I decided to get yet another one. This time I bought the SmokTech "R" which is almost(98%) identical, and cheaper. It actually looks like the tooling quality was better.. boggle..

I've since started tinkering with the AGA-Tiamat and the AGA-Hydra. Both are *very* solid. They vape great, but the draw is cooler due to the air coming in from the side, not from the bottom like the SRT.

I've sidetracked. I'd recommend that you not open the tank on the SRT unless you absolutely must. Ours both failed while we were opening them.:facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread