Hypocracy that I just had to share..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Does FDA stand for Flippin (my 3rd choice of words) Dumb Apes? (My 2nd choice of word) Gotta keep the admin happy, right? lol.

So get this....

SYMBICORT
Quote:
SYMBICORT contains formoterol, a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA). LABA medicines such as formoterol increase the risk of death from asthma problems. It is not known whether budesonide, the other medicine in SYMBICORT, reduces the risk of death from asthma problems seen with formoterol.
SYMBICORT can cause serious side effects, including:
Pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections. People with COPD may have a higher chance of pneumonia. Call your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms: change in amount or color of mucus, fever, chills, increased cough, or increased breathing problems
Serious allergic reactions including rash, hives, swelling of the face, mouth and tongue, and breathing problems
Immune system effect and a higher chance of infection. Tell your health care provider if you think you are exposed to infections such as chicken pox or measles, or if you have any signs of infection such as fever, pain, body aches, chills, feeling tired, nausea, or vomiting
Adrenal insufficiency. This can happen when you stop taking oral corticosteroid medicines and start inhaled corticosteroid medicine
Using too much of a LABA medicine may cause chest pain, increase in blood pressure, fast and irregular heartbeat, headache, tremor, or nervousness
Increased wheezing right after taking SYMBICORT. Always have a rescue inhaler with you to treat sudden wheezing
Eye problems including glaucoma and cataracts. You should have regular eye exams while using SYMBICORT
Lower bone mineral density can happen in people who have a high chance for low bone mineral density (osteoporosis)
Slowed growth in children. A child's growth should be checked regularly while using SYMBICORT
Swelling of blood vessels (signs include a feeling of pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, flu like symptoms, rash, pain or swelling of the sinuses), decrease in blood potassium and increase in blood sugar levels
Common side effects in patients with asthma include nose and throat irritation, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, sore throat, sinusitis, stomach discomfort, flu, back pain, nasal congestion, vomiting, and thrush in the mouth and throat.
Common side effects in patients with COPD include inflammation of the nasal passages and throat, thrush in the mouth and throat, bronchitis, sinusitis, and upper respiratory tract infection.
End Quote

Now doesn't the FDA and Gov't going on and on about the hazards of vaping and e-juice seem a bit... ummmm You know, I can't even think of words for that level of stupidity that won't throw the site admin into an epileptic fit. You know, all quaking and turning purple, frothing at the mouth.. lol..

Actually, this sites admin are pretty great, even if i don't agree with them 100%. They let me tap dance around words a little bit. LOL.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Does FDA stand for Flippin (my 3rd choice of words) Dumb Apes? (My 2nd choice of word) Gotta keep the admin happy, right? lol.

So get this....

SYMBICORT
Quote:
SYMBICORT contains formoterol, a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA). LABA medicines such as formoterol increase the risk of death from asthma problems. It is not known whether budesonide, the other medicine in SYMBICORT, reduces the risk of death from asthma problems seen with formoterol.
SYMBICORT can cause serious side effects, including:
Pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections. People with COPD may have a higher chance of pneumonia. Call your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms: change in amount or color of mucus, fever, chills, increased cough, or increased breathing problems
Serious allergic reactions including rash, hives, swelling of the face, mouth and tongue, and breathing problems
Immune system effect and a higher chance of infection. Tell your health care provider if you think you are exposed to infections such as chicken pox or measles, or if you have any signs of infection such as fever, pain, body aches, chills, feeling tired, nausea, or vomiting
Adrenal insufficiency. This can happen when you stop taking oral corticosteroid medicines and start inhaled corticosteroid medicine
Using too much of a LABA medicine may cause chest pain, increase in blood pressure, fast and irregular heartbeat, headache, tremor, or nervousness
Increased wheezing right after taking SYMBICORT. Always have a rescue inhaler with you to treat sudden wheezing
Eye problems including glaucoma and cataracts. You should have regular eye exams while using SYMBICORT
Lower bone mineral density can happen in people who have a high chance for low bone mineral density (osteoporosis)
Slowed growth in children. A child's growth should be checked regularly while using SYMBICORT
Swelling of blood vessels (signs include a feeling of pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, flu like symptoms, rash, pain or swelling of the sinuses), decrease in blood potassium and increase in blood sugar levels
Common side effects in patients with asthma include nose and throat irritation, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, sore throat, sinusitis, stomach discomfort, flu, back pain, nasal congestion, vomiting, and thrush in the mouth and throat.
Common side effects in patients with COPD include inflammation of the nasal passages and throat, thrush in the mouth and throat, bronchitis, sinusitis, and upper respiratory tract infection.
End Quote

Now doesn't the FDA and Gov't going on and on about the hazards of vaping and e-juice seem a bit... ummmm You know, I can't even think of words for that level of stupidity that won't throw the site admin into an epileptic fit. You know, all quaking and turning purple, frothing at the mouth.. lol..

Actually, this sites admin are pretty great, even if i don't agree with them 100%. They let me tap dance around words a little bit. LOL.
What are you talking about?
I am tired of all this nonsense about drugs and FDA.
There are no drugs without side effects. Period.
It's up to patient - to use drugs or to be afraid and leave illness untreated (but you may die as a result).
By the way symbicort was introduced in Sweden, spread around Europe, and only later FDA approved it for US. I would rather blame FDA for delay with approval, but not for approval itself.

And just for example, some of side effects of aspirin:
  • black, bloody, or tarry stools;
  • coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
  • severe nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;
  • fever lasting longer than 3 days;
  • swelling, or pain lasting longer than 10 days; or
  • hearing problems, ringing in your ears.
Should aspirin be prohibited?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
When an argument such as this comes out of left field and has absolutely nothing to do with vaping, it's no small wonder that the community as a whole is not taken seriously.

So please, keep the apples and oranges argument out of the debate. You tried a similar tactic here: Nicorette Quickmist? Un-[edited]-Believable! Again, apples and oranges.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
The government funds these pharmaceutical companies, the more "medication" sold, the more money in their pockets.

Ecigs soon will be taxed like real cigarettes, accumulating some form of income for the government, but no where near the billions they make from pharmaceuticals
Government funds pharma?
Please, provide links. Or some other source of your information.

Reactions: Eskie
I don't watch TV at home. Don't even have cable or working TV. But when I am at folks place or bro's house I'm always shocked by the ads for pharma products. Their garbage will kill you dead in seconds 1000 ways. I've never seen so much garbage.

On another note: my grandmother lived to be 102. Every time and I mean every time they got her in to the hospital for any reason they went crazy she was not on a list of 20 to 30 meds. The only thing she EVER took was generic Aspirin in low doses when she needed it for a headache.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I don't watch TV at home. Don't even have cable or working TV. But when I am at folks place or bro's house I'm always shocked by the ads for pharma products. Their garbage will kill you dead in seconds 1000 ways. I've never seen so much garbage.

On another note: my grandmother lived to be 102. Every time and I mean every time they got her in to the hospital for any reason they went crazy she was not on a list of 20 to 30 meds. The only thing she EVER took was generic Aspirin in low doses when she needed it for a headache.
Congratulations, you have good genes.
But I do not understand how it correlates with FDA bashing?

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
What are you talking about?
I am tired of all this nonsense about drugs and FDA.
There are no drugs without side effects. Period.
It's up to patient - to use drugs or to be afraid and leave illness untreated (but you may die as a result).
By the way symbicort was introduced in Sweden, spread around Europe, and only later FDA approved it for US. I would rather blame FDA for delay with approval, but not for approval itself.

And just for example, some of side effects of aspirin:
  • black, bloody, or tarry stools;
  • coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
  • severe nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;
  • fever lasting longer than 3 days;
  • swelling, or pain lasting longer than 10 days; or
  • hearing problems, ringing in your ears.
Should aspirin be prohibited?
I don't see causes DEATH anywhere in that list. Do you?
And I'm sorry, I'm tired of pointing out the obvious to people to blind to see it for themselves. If you can't see the point here, don't worry about it.. just put your dark glasses back on and take a nap.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Congratulations, you have good genes.
But I do not understand how it correlates with FDA bashing?
because the FDA is getting millions of dollars every year from politicians, pharma and tobacco companies, making their first concern the $$$$ when it should be the public best interest.. that isn't bashing, it is calling it like it is.

Reactions: defdock

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
The government funds these pharmaceutical companies, the more "medication" sold, the more money in their pockets.

Ecigs soon will be taxed like real cigarettes, accumulating some form of income for the government, but no where near the billions they make from pharmaceuticals
Actually.. you have that a bit backwards, pharma pays gov't, mainly with political contributions to make sure the "of the people, for the people" remains "Of the people, for pharma, and screw the people"

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
When an argument such as this comes out of left field and has absolutely nothing to do with vaping, it's no small wonder that the community as a whole is not taken seriously.

So please, keep the apples and oranges argument out of the debate. You tried a similar tactic here: Nicorette Quickmist? Un-[edited]-Believable! Again, apples and oranges.

I'm sorry, I thought e-juice and mods had everything to do with vaping, and I question, as everyone should, why agencies are trying to squash vaping yet license products like the example I posted. And regarding apples and oranges.. nicotine gum, patches, mists, sprays, lozenges are nicotine replacement devices. E-cigarettes are also nicotine replacement devices. Tell me, exactly where do you see oranges, except of course the mighty $$$

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
lol look at the guy making all the negative comments, and doesn't have the balls to use his own name, image, or even his own dogs image in his posts.. God love the internet.
It is not even funny.
Sorry I even tried to educate you. Useless. Some people are really in a need of a tin hat.
You are welcome to my mental ignore list.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
It is unfortunate that narrow minded people who can't do any thinking for themselves, miss the entire point of this post. Which is... questions. Question everything. For example.. why is a drug which is known to have dangerous side effects, potentially fatal, being marketed.. while others, which could be beneficial to millions and possibly save millions of lives and create thousands of jobs, being put in a box and closely guarded by bureaucracy? I don't have the answer, but it is one heck of a good question.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread