Status
Not open for further replies.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
Get more cartos. You might end up burning one or two in the beginning... And they are disposable and can last for up to maybe two weeks, but more than that is a stretch. And +1 on the drip tips (you don't drip liquids through them in cartos, but it's much more comfortable for your lips as cartos get hot, and it's easy to take in out to re-fill)

Filling "like a Zippo" works, but it's tedious and boring. Search "condom method" on YouTube and also consider using a syringe with an 18 G needle - much easier and better results.

Good luck.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Just told my GF...turns out her son bought her one online a while ago and she hated it. She is bringing it over tonight.

First, I am hoping it is a volt (I was told it is like a long analog). If it isn't, I may order her one. That seems to be the only one I see that looks like an analog that people rate decently.

Second, I will teach her how to use it...I already read that the hit is different and makes a big difference.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I have never seen anybody that got a good one that hated it.
Got frustrated with it over time, yes, but never hated it.

But I've seen a lot of people hate the various mass-marketed models.
And I've seen a lot of people hate the convenience store/tobacco store/mall kiosk models.

So it will be interesting to see which one she bought, and more importantly, the specific reasons she hated it.
I'm sure it was one of those slick mass-marketed type pieces of garbage.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
So it will be interesting to see which one she bought, and more importantly, the specific reasons she hated it.

I'm quite curious myself. Apparently he researched and "got her a good one". I am thinking the hate was either from the blend or not using it right (so immediately wanting to smoke). Those are my almost completely uneducated guesses :)

I bet it's a cigarette look-alike with an atomizer-cartridge setup :) Might have proprietary threading, too :)

Stop being negative and cross your fingers!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I'm quite curious myself. Apparently he researched and "got her a good one". I am thinking the hate was either from the blend or not using it right (so immediately wanting to smoke). Those are my almost completely uneducated guesses :)
Unfortunately, the internet is awash in phony "review sites" and advertising disguised as information. You could do what you think is research for days or weeks and still get snookered by one of the over-priced POS that recruit affiliates for Youtube videos and set up slick ad campaigns on the internet and elsewhere.

It's no accident that several of the biggest selling e-cigs in the country are garbage. People buy them and sometimes it makes them look further into the concept where they finally find something decent. I fear that, just as often, they are turned off to the idea of an e-cig, having believed they gave it a fair shot with the "best" e-cig according to the "research" they did. Unless someone who knows better intervenes, they end up like your GF and continue smoking.

Stop being negative and cross your fingers!
It's not negative. You should hope that the e-cig she tried is junk. If that's the case, trying a decent one may very well turn her around. Actually, there are atomizer/cartridge setups that are better than a lot of the two piece battery/cartomizer models being foisted on people. I started with a Joye 510 battery/atomizer/cartridge setup. I upgraded within weeks, but it wasn't so bad it turned me off to vaping. A few years ago, it was the best you could do for $50 or so. Nowadays, you can get that same setup for $20-30 and it's still better than the gas station e-cigs.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
It's not negative. You should hope that the e-cig she tried is junk. If that's the case, trying a decent one may very well turn her around.

I was just kidding :)

I am hoping it's a volt that was used incorrectly...either way, she is willing to try again. She knows read the hell out of things I need to learn more on.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
If you want something cigarette sized, but are concerned about the battery life, spend a little extra at Smokeless Image and get Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt Slider - Portable Battery Charging Case - (PCC) - Accessories . It's pretty awesome. You charge the case nightly, and it keeps the Volt Battery charged all day.

Also, don't feel like you need the vapor to taste like tobacco. A couple days in, once I got it out of my head that vaping should taste like smoking, I switched to some crazier non-tobacco flavors, and haven't looked back. I never expected I would enjoy vaping MORE than smoking, but I already do just a week and a half in. Cigarettes don't taste nearly as good as vaping lemon or cinnamon.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
You may want to check into the Ego C Twist Batteries. The advantage of these is they are inexpensive, and have variable voltage. For Father's Day, I bought my Dad two batteries (650 mah which is the shortest one they offer in this model; This is comparable in size to the KGO; They offer a larger model), a case, Joyetech Charger (Didn't get the plug; It charges on the usb fine), a stainless steel ring (Cosmetic for tanks; I'm going to give him one of my slender ones), and a pack of cartomizes for about $90. I wish these had been out win I started. Different voltages allow you to achieve better flavor from some juices (Some taste better at higher voltages). It's good to have this versatility for a reasonable price (My two cents).
The EGO C TWIST - YouTube

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I never expected I would enjoy vaping MORE than smoking, but I already do just a week and a half in.
I think this is the goal that every smoker-turned-vapor should look forward to.
Because once you get here, you are pretty much home free.

Far too many potential vapers don't reach this point and give up.
In fact, far too many never even come close to this point.

Those are the folks we, as knowledgeable and experienced vapers, need to take under our wing.
Because their negative impression is false, and their word-of-mouth advertising is probably not helping anyone.
:)

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I have never seen anybody that got a good one that hated it.
Got frustrated with it over time, yes, but never hated it.

But I've seen a lot of people hate the various mass-marketed models.
And I've seen a lot of people hate the convenience store/tobacco store/mall kiosk models.

Well there is ONE reason somebody might hate a good model.

They are just NOT really ready to quit real cigarettes.

I notice some folks come here and seem to be able to find fault with just about ANY of the E Cig's on the market. It seems to me if a person is REALLY ready to quit they are THANKFUL that there is a product available like The Volt or The Kgo.

Then again, if they are just plain old NOT READY to quit they will not be so thankful.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
OK, she has a V2gics starter. Looks like an 808...so it might be stuff that can be re-used. It's the V2 economy kit. Looks to me like the battery and chargers can be used...and it can use other atomized cartridges. Thoughts?

E Cigarette Kits | Economy Kit | V2 Cigs

That'll work ok as long as you use a good carto with it.
I've got some V2 batteries and was using Kanger horizontal coil cartos with them....

KR808D-1 blank cartomizer - package of five stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread