Buddy is looking for a "traditional sized" PV. Which to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ams30gts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Los Angeles
A buddy of mine is looking into vaping but wants a small "traditional sized" PV. He's a pretty light analog smoker right now (pack lasts a few days).

Just trying to get a few suggestions from people here that have experience with these sized PVs.

The ones I have been looking at are the following.

Joye 510
Smokeless Image Volt
Elite 808

They all seem pretty good based on reviews, but I don't know what to recommend to him.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Someone who knows more about the Elite 808 will have to help you with that one because I've never used it. But, I have used the other two.

There's no question. Between the Joye 510 and the Smokeless Image Volt, the Volt is the best bet. The 510 was all the rage when it was the best there was. But, it hasn't really improved in a while. The 510 connection has mostly been improved through the big batts, like the eGo (cigar-sized and bigger).

For the "traditional sized", the Volt has been greatly improved over time. It's probably THE most recommended (for that size).

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
maybe not a heavy smoker but nobody likes to charge batterys for that reson a ego is best.smallest is 650mah and should last atleast 6 hours.(100 mah per hour)also has a 510 connection which is the most popular thread size.it is a little larger than a regular cig though.
A 650 mah eGo lasts me about 4 and a half hours. A Volt battery lasts me about 2 hours.

If he is that light of a smoker, just carrying both the batteries he gets in his kit should be enough to get him through his day until he gets home to charge again. Or he can get the kit with the PCC. Then he would never run out. SI's new mega PCC is supposed to be really good.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Smokeless Image is what finally got me off smoking. The 78mm batteries are $1 more each and have more battery life. I would start there if he's that light of a smoker. Get a 2 battery kit. If he wants longer battery life, he can move up to an X2 650-900-or 1300 mah later and still use all the same cartos etc. on it.

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
Another vote for the Volt. :thumb:

I use the skinny Volts in the PCC when away for the day, and the Volt X2 when at home at my desk. (The X2 is about the size of an eGo, and has more battery life and more clearomizer options than the skinnies.) Everything is compatible, and very east to use. This gives you a solid, flexible system that's perfect for beginners, or for anybody who doesn't want to haul of lot of gear around.

Good luck to the Buddy!

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I never would have gone beyond my first smoke shop kit that didn't work if I hadn't found Volt. I wasn't going to use anything bigger than a cigarette. It took me a week to get over the fact that the Volt is heavier than a cigarette. Now I'm on to the X2s and I have a Zenesis mini that feels like a brick compared to a cig LOL... but I wouldn't have even considered a mod if I hadn't had something cig-like to start with. I still use my X2s daily, and if I'm going to a bar, concert, or somewhere I'm concerned about losing equipment or want to be able to stealth vape, my 78mm Volts go with me. Some of them are a year old and still going strong.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
For those of you who have a Volt, which blank cartos do you like best?
I'd go with the Volt blank carto. They are excellent quality and have a horizontal bottom coil. I've been using the CE3's with the Volt since they've become available, but for a carto I haven't found anything better than the Volt carto's.

If you go with another brand carto like Boge, just make sure that you get standard resistance cartos. Small batteries (anything less than 650mah) can't handle the current draw produced by low resistance devices.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Go with the smokeless image volt. The 78mm lasts about 3-4 hours, the cartos last a long time, can be refilled several times and don't burn as easily. They have a customer service that is second to none. The volt is also reasonably priced with a 2 battery starter kit from $45. There is also a 15% off coupon. Check out this video to see more about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

I quit a 1 1/2 PAD habit with the volt and still use the mini batteries every day at work. I go through 1 -2 78mm with very heavy vaping, I usually vape about 3-4ml with those 2 batteries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
For those of you who have a Volt, which blank cartos do you like best?

The cartos from smokeless image are awesome. They are horizontal bottom coil, so they produce excellent vapor and don't burn as easily as other cartos. They are priced reasonably too at $8.95 for 5 before the 15% off coupon. This video actually shows why they are so good. I cut one open to show the difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g405PASX1NA

The ce3's are also an awesome device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread