I am a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Hello fellow vapers :) I am really new to vaping. I just bought my first device, this past weekend. I want so badly to quit smoking traditional cigarettes. I have sooo many questions though. While I have been doing some research, I continue to find different answers to the same questions. I just stumbled onto this sight, and noticed some long time members. I take it that you have some experience on the matter :thumbs: I don't know what is best for me to try. I bought a kangertech pen, and two flavored juices for it. I seem to have little red bumps popping up in random places. Is this a reaction to the juices? I have read a lot about people having a reaction to the PG, but am not sure if this is what the reaction looks like. I don't want to give this up, I want to give up the cigarettes.
I am looking forward to conversing with many of you on this forum. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated :)

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Most likely it is related to either too much PG in your liquid or poisoning yourself with nicotine. Try a max VG liquid with a lower nicotine. The need for high nicotine is in your head, if you need more nicotine take more puffs rather than using higher nicotine.

I'm sure some others will reply with other advice and it's always best to get a few opinions because like you said you may get different answers and someone else may have experience with your same symptoms.

Reactions: Robert Dean

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Most likely it is related to either too much PG in your liquid or poisoning yourself with nicotine. Try a max VG liquid with a lower nicotine. The need for high nicotine is in your head, if you need more nicotine take more puffs rather than using higher nicotine.

I'm sure some others will reply with other advice and it's always best to get a few opinions because like you said you may get different answers and someone else may have experience with your same symptoms.
I am not really sure I mentioned anything about a nicotine level. Actually, I don't feel the need for nicotine at all. I would rather none. However, the place where I bought my pen asked how many cigarettes a day I smoke. When I told him, he recommended 12mg oil. I don't think I have overdosed on nicotine, since I have only vaped a total of 6 times since getting it, 4 days ago. I have been too nervous to just go all out on vaping. But thank you!

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I am not really sure I mentioned anything about a nicotine level. Actually, I don't feel the need for nicotine at all. I would rather none. However, the place where I bought my pen asked how many cigarettes a day I smoke. When I told him, he recommended 12mg oil. I don't think I have overdosed on nicotine, since I have only vaped a total of 6 times since getting it, 4 days ago. I have been too nervous to just go all out on vaping. But thank you!

Yeah the other reply sounded more likely than my answer. After reading the threads linked it sounds like a symptom of quitting.

12 mg is a good starting point. A lot of people go overboard on nic levels early on thinking they smoke so much they need massive nicotine intake.

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Hi Vannie. I'd venture to say it is probably the withdrawl from the cigs and all the nasty stuff in them. You can read about it here :
HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck on your vape journey and don't be shy.
Hello :) Well, I haven't exactly gave up the nasty sticks completely yet. I wanted to get as much information about vaping as I can, before I go all in. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, so everything new freaks me out. I have only hit my pen a few times since getting it. I do want to replace cigarettes with vaping, but only to quit smoking. I do not plan on vaping for fun. I don't plan on that, but we all know how things change :D I have been smoking a LOT less in prep for going to vaping. I just want to be sure I am going in the right direction on all of it. Also, isn't there vape juice that does NOT have nicotine? Thank you for replying.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Hello :) Well, I haven't exactly gave up the nasty sticks completely yet. I wanted to get as much information about vaping as I can, before I go all in. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, so everything new freaks me out. I have only hit my pen a few times since getting it. I do want to replace cigarettes with vaping, but only to quit smoking. I do not plan on vaping for fun. I don't plan on that, but we all know how things change :D I have been smoking a LOT less in prep for going to vaping. I just want to be sure I am going in the right direction on all of it. Also, isn't there vape juice that does NOT have nicotine? Thank you for replying.

Yeah most liquids offer a zero nicotine version. Many of the MAX VG liquids only come in 0, 3 or 6mg all of which keep your nicotine intake fairly low. We all don't plan on vaping for fun but with so many different options in juices, devices, tanks and styles of vaping the hobby tends to become enticing. It also helps not think about smoking when you are spending a certain amount of time playing around with your vape toys.

Reactions: Vannie

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Hi Vannie. I'd venture to say it is probably the withdrawl from the cigs and all the nasty stuff in them. You can read about it here :
HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck on your vape journey and don't be shy.
Hello :) Thank you for replying. Should I completely quit regular cigarettes while vaping? I really have no clue what I am doing here. I just know I don't want to smoke cigarettes anymore, and it's nuts to pretend I can do that easily. This is why I joined this site. I want tot have as much information as I can, so I can be and feel safe in doing so.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
There are zero nicotine juices at about every place you can buy juice. I was skeptical and starting vape on a whim. It took me 12 days of vape and cigs before I put the cigs down for good. Then I was shocked at how easy it was to get off the cigs. I have gradually been decreasing my nicotine from where I started and am now at 3mg and less. You can do it. Vape is very relaxing to me. Find your nicotine level fist to get off the cigs then work your way to zero. I stayed at my starting level for a month before I tried to lower the nic. Each step I have reduced has gotten easier. The first step is wanting to quit, and you've already made it. Enjoy the journey.

Reactions: hashtag

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Yeah most liquids offer a zero nicotine version. Many of the MAX VG liquids only come in 0, 3 or 6mg all of which keep your nicotine intake fairly low. We all don't plan on vaping for fun but with so many different options in juices, devices, tanks and styles of vaping the hobby tends to become enticing. It also helps not think about smoking when you are spending a certain amount of time playing around with your vape toys.
lol.. I would LOVE to think I will stop once I have gotten over smoking, but they do taste very yummy. I think I would prefere 0 nicotine. So the MAX VG does not contain the PG? I have heard a lot about bad reactions to the PG, and want to stay away from that also. The juice I have now is a blend of both. Is MAX VG a website seller of the oils?

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Hello :) Thank you for replying. Should I completely quit regular cigarettes while vaping? I really have no clue what I am doing here. I just know I don't want to smoke cigarettes anymore, and it's nuts to pretend I can do that easily. This is why I joined this site. I want tot have as much information as I can, so I can be and feel safe in doing so.

I smoked both for about a week before quitting the cigs. Basically same story as Sir2fyablyNutz I quit on a whim and once I forced myself to vape for a while the cigs just kind of disappeared from the line up. I think for most you just hit a tipping point where you realize you could go without a cigarette that day and once you have a day down why not keep going.

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
There are zero nicotine juices at about every place you can buy juice. I was skeptical and starting vape on a whim. It took me 12 days of vape and cigs before I put the cigs down for good. Then I was shocked at how easy it was to get off the cigs. I have gradually been decreasing my nicotine from where I started and am now at 3mg and less. You can do it. Vape is very relaxing to me. Find your nicotine level fist to get off the cigs then work your way to zero. I stayed at my starting level for a month before I tried to lower the nic. Each step I have reduced has gotten easier. The first step is wanting to quit, and you've already made it. Enjoy the journey.
I am relieved to read that you vaped and smoked at the same time. I was a bit scared when reading another comment about nicotine overdose o_O I smoke between 10-15 cigarettes a day. Is there a limit to how much I should be vaping with 12mg of nicotine oil?

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
lol.. I would LOVE to think I will stop once I have gotten over smoking, but they do taste very yummy. I think I would prefere 0 nicotine. So the MAX VG does not contain the PG? I have heard a lot about bad reactions to the PG, and want to stay away from that also. The juice I have now is a blend of both. Is MAX VG a website seller of the oils?

Max VG just means the juice has the maximum amount of VG and the minimum amount of PG. The flavoring is usually diluted in PG so finding a juice with no PG is rare and a little PG is good to thin the juice enough so that it doesn't clog your coils. VG is very thick.

I like the subjuice from myfreedomsmokes it only comes in 3 mg nicotine and the flavors are all pretty good. It's a bit more expensive than some other juices but right now they have sample packs for 14.99 that give you 10 ml of 5 different juices.

MyFreedomSmokes Subjuice Sample Pack | #1 - MyFreedomSmokes

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
If you want "yummy" you'll want PG in your vape. VG is the vapor producer of the vape. PG is the flavor carrier. Only a very small percentage of people have trouble with PG. None of the symptoms you described earlier are what PG reaction is about. Stick with the 50/50 and you'll have better flavor. If you decide to go cloud chasing down the road then you can always switch to VG. If you're wanting to shop for juices online I would recommend starting here:

FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last page)

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
I smoked both for about a week before quitting the cigs. Basically same story as Sir2fyablyNutz I quit on a whim and once I forced myself to vape for a while the cigs just kind of disappeared from the line up. I think for most you just hit a tipping point where you realize you could go without a cigarette that day and once you have a day down why not keep going.
Very true! That is where I want to be. The last few days, I have been putting more and more hours between cigarettes. That in itself makes me excited, and lets me know its gonna happen. I just want to make sure the stuff I am using is safe. I don't want to overdose on nicotine, or make myself sick with any of this. I really feel as though vaping is the answer for me. Joining this forum is exactly what I needed, so I can interact with others that know what they are doing.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Very true! That is where I want to be. The last few days, I have been putting more and more hours between cigarettes. That in itself makes me excited, and lets me know its gonna happen. I just want to make sure the stuff I am using is safe. I don't want to overdose on nicotine, or make myself sick with any of this. I really feel as though vaping is the answer for me. Joining this forum is exactly what I needed, so I can interact with others that know what they are doing.

Yeah it is good to be involved with forums like this, you learn a lot and get different perspectives. Everyone vapes differently and a lot of the challenge at first is finding what is best for you. If you can be patient and figure out what you like you will find it only gets easier.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Vannie!

Your body will let you know if you're vaping too much (you'll get light-headed and/or nauseous most likely.) Many of us vaped and smoked at the same time. I finally got to a point where I'd spent enough on vaping goodies that I couldn't justify spending any more money on cigarettes.

You might want to have a few different levels of nic on hand. Higher doses for more stressful times; lower doses when you're more relaxed. When you feel like reaching for a cigarette, try taking a couple hits on your pen. If you still want to light up, no one here will condemn you - each of us travels a very different path.

Think of ECF as a support group, if nothing else. Many wonderful folks here, each of whom has a story to tell....

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
If you want "yummy" you'll want PG in your vape. VG is the vapor producer of the vape. PG is the flavor carrier. Only a very small percentage of people have trouble with PG. None of the symptoms you described earlier are what PG reaction is about. Stick with the 50/50 and you'll have better flavor. If you decide to go cloud chasing down the road then you can always switch to VG. If you're wanting to shop for juices online I would recommend starting here:

FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last page)
aaahhhh Thank you very much for that information. I have tried to research this entire subject but never seem to read the same thing twice. I couldn't find an explanation about the difference and need for both PG and VG. Makes sense now. All I could find was that, PG causes reactions and if that was the case, switch to 100% VG. But yes, I definitely want some yummy involved. Regular cigarettes taste nasty, so it would be a pleasant change. The place I got my oils, had me try one that tasted just like tobacco.. Uuumm eeww and why? lol I want to quit for many reasons, and the taste is one. I don't see myself buying tobacco flavored oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread