I am so stoked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John10

Dec 17, 2013
Toronto
Hello there everyone. I'm new here. While purchasing analogs 2 weeks ago, I accidentally stumbled across some disposable e-cigs. So I purchased one. I was so impressed, that a few days later I purchased another. I never knew these things existed. I was onto something. I started researching e-cigs. I finally decided to purchase an EGO. Thursday morning I received my device. It's Sunday evening. In these past few days, I have gone from smoking 25-30 analogs per day, to 4. I have never been able to do that! I am STOKED! My search continues...and here I am. I'm finding some awesome advice on this Forum. Thank you so much. I know I will be analog free by New Years. I see a fresh new beginning on the horizon. Freedom! Yes! I am so stoked! :)

Good to hear bud. I'm looking forward to ridding myself of analogs.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Congrats on your new hobby Yakone!

I get the sneaking suspicion that you will be smoke free much sooner than the New Year. :laugh:

Liveformoment, I smoked 30 years and noticed a big difference within the 1st week of not smoking. But, I had about 20 years on you and had the smoker's cough and wheezing, and waking up constantly to clear my chest. Got to the point where I couldn't laugh without coughing. All of that stopped completely after about 2 weeks. You may not have gotten that bad yet so you may not notice that dramatic of a change, just less coughing in the morning, and more stamina. You might also really start coughing a lot while your lungs clear out all the tar. I never had that, but I'm in the minority.

buddywally

Jun 6, 2013
eugene, OR
Thank you Buddywally. Yes, absolutely, this is my goal. Steer clear of analogs.
They have been slowly killing me for years. (Perhaps quickly) Damn Illuminati! I'm ok now...I know where I`m going.:)
The thing I noticed about the e-juice I purchased, is that it is an amber color like apple cider. It tastes OK, but after some time in my device, it darkens and tastes absolutely delicious. However, then I need to top it off. It is then diluted again. Then it tastes...just ok...until it gets back to that dark rich color. If that makes any sense.

That totally makes sense.

Some eliquid darkens appreciably when it has been sitting in a tank or clearo for a while. Some of this, I believe is due to the eliquid dissolving over time some of the buildup on the coils, some may be due to oxidation of one or more of the ingredients (I've heard some claim that it is due to the oxidation of nicotine, however many of my juices NEVER darken, and ALL have nicotine).

Many eliquids have some ethanol added during the manufacturing process, that is said to aid in solubility of flavors and may enhance flavor profiles, over time this alcohol evaporates, leaving the eliquid, thicker and more condensed. Now that I think on it, some of the water may be evaporating as well, which would tend to make your solution less dilute. I've actually started adding a little bit of scotch to my Boba's to get it thinner and working better in some of my devices.

The way you've described your experience leads me to think that you're just "steeping in-situ", that is, repeatedly heating (by hitting the fire button) and mixing your e-juice with air in your device is actually steeping your juice in your device. I know that my Boba's tends to get better and better the darker it gets in my tank.

Vape-on!

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
Hello NealBJr. Thanks for stopping by. I am really liking my EGO. Yes, I am well on my way. Nothing worked for me in the past. I finally found something that does. I am anticipating saying, "No thanks, I don't smoke!":) Soon. Very soon.

Congrats and welcome Yak. We were out back during break at work the other day and a guy walked up looking to bum a smoke. He glanced at my MVP setup and went straight to my co-worker. I vape in my office mostly but I go outside with the "others" to BS and get some air sometimes (and also to look like I'm not vaping in my office :) ). If you only have one battery then maybe get another one so you have a backup or something to use while the other is charging. I was always glad I had another battery when my primary ran out. Good Luck!!

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
Congrats and welcome Yak. We were out back during break at work the other day and a guy walked up looking to bum a smoke. He glanced at my MVP setup and went straight to my co-worker. I vape in my office mostly but I go outside with the "others" to BS and get some air sometimes (and also to look like I'm not vaping in my office :) ). If you only have one battery then maybe get another one so you have a backup or something to use while the other is charging. I was always glad I had another battery when my primary ran out. Good Luck!!

An extra battery, an extra charger, and a car charger.... wouldn't be without any of those. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread