I am soooo frustrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
I take the piece off that I inhale into and put drops into the filler material a few drops at a time. What cap are you speaking of? That has been one of my frustrations..not knowing how I should be filling it.

Not sure what you are referencing. If you go back to the post, right under it will say ' "reply with quote'. Hit that and you can reference your question.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Sundrinkr's quote?
I'm so damn cheap I blow mine back into the condom instead of a towel. Then after I vape a few minutes I squeeze the excess from the condom into the top of my cartomizer lol.

Should be rubber covers that came over your carts. Like the picture. If not, don't worry. Another way of being cheap and recycling juice.

Kathy_p

Feb 14, 2012
Ms
Okay -- you pulled the rubber covers off and then dripped juice down into the square end with filler. Let the juice drain down and then drip some more. You want the top of it to look juicy but not have a layer of liquid sitting on top.

I did pull the covers off! I got that part right! Dripping it right now!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
stop.........slow down............say to yourself "I can do this, and I will do this, I can make this work". From your post I can't quite figure out what model ecig you are using. However, if you think you ordered too low of a mg of juice.......you can always just vape more (go through more ml of juice), & buy it from somewhere inexpensive like Welcome to MadVapes LLC I think a 30ml bottle of their menthol is like $10, with like $2 shipping. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~My advice is that if you are using carts.....throw them away & buy cartomizers (big difference between carts & cartos). You can even buy prefilled menthol cartomizers from litecig usa, then when you notice the flavor dying off, go ahead & top off with your menthol juice. Always keep your spare batteries on charge. Grab a newly charged one when leaving the house as an extra to the one you are using (yeah at some point we always get caught in the car in traffic & our ego dies on us........) this would be the time to whip out the freshly charged one that you had stashed away for this occasion. If you need any 1 on 1 help, I am here for you. Feel free to message me anytime. I am here for you, and the rest of the ECF community is here for you. We got you babe, relax & tell yourself that you can & will make this work. :) vape happy!

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
stop.........slow down............say to yourself "I can do this, and I will do this, I can make this work". From your post I can't quite figure out what model ecig you are using. However, if you think you ordered too low of a mg of juice.......you can always just vape more (go through more ml of juice), & buy it from somewhere inexpensive like Welcome to MadVapes LLC I think a 30ml bottle of their menthol is like $10, with like $2 shipping. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~My advice is that if you are using carts.....throw them away & buy cartomizers (big difference between carts & cartos). You can even buy prefilled menthol cartomizers from litecig usa, then when you notice the flavor dying off, go ahead & top off with your menthol juice. Always keep your spare batteries on charge. Grab a newly charged one when leaving the house as an extra to the one you are using (yeah at some point we always get caught in the car in traffic & our ego dies on us........) this would be the time to whip out the freshly charged one that you had stashed away for this occasion. If you need any 1 on 1 help, I am here for you. Feel free to message me anytime. I am here for you, and the rest of the ECF community is here for you. We got you babe, relax & tell yourself that you can & will make this work. :) vape happy!

And that right there is why I love you Jen. :wub:

I agree that cartomizer are much more consistant than attys with carts. Out of all I've tried, the best ones (IMO) to pair up with your eGo batteries are these: Crystal Clear Vaping You can also get a cone to cover up the threads on your eGo battery to give it a finished look and I think it improves the draw as well.

If you keep your atty and carts for a while, just continue to follow the good avice you've been given here...and possibly pick up a type B drip tip to explore direct dripping. Whatever you do, don't give up! Vaping can work for you...I think you already have seen that. Keep up the good work! :)

Kathy_p

Feb 14, 2012
Ms
This forum is awesome! Thanks so much!

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
I'm going to throw out a few suggestions which may also improve your vaping experience.

1) Any manual battery (that's a battery with a button) tends to have a little depression in the end which attaches to the atomizer or cartomizer. Get some Q-tips. Before you charge your battery, use a Q-tip and clean out whatever juice may have gotten onto the end of the battery or in the threads that connect the atomizer to the battery. You may be surprised at how much ends up there. Also, make sure that you do the same to your charging cable. Keeping those clean will improve the connection to the atomizer, which ensures that it works nicely.

2) If you're using a drip tip, occasionally run a Q-tip through that, too. Do NOT q-tip your exposed atomizer, whether or not it's on the battery -- atomizers tend to have a fine metal mesh on them which will grab onto the q-tip fibers, and suddenly, you're tasting burning cotton instead of juice... not a tasty flavor. But it doesn't hurt to q-tip the threads on your atomizer that hold it onto the battery (see point 1 for why this might be a good idea).

3) On occasion (I like to do this twice a week so that I can stagger 'em), clean half your atomizers. There are many ways of doing this -- look on YouTube for videos that will give you recommendations for your unit. You'll be surprised at how much of a difference cleaning your atomizers can have in terms of keeping the flavor fresh. You'll need to give your atomizer some drying time (usually 24 hours or thereabouts) after a cleaning so it can fully dry out, but it does in fact help a lot.

4) While you're still using cartridges, keep an eye on the inside material. Does it look as though it's darkened or has it gotten pulled out oddly? Is it starting to give you an odd taste when you use it? If so, that cartridge may need to be replaced, because yes, they do eventually wear out. Thankfully, the vendor where you got your ecig likely will carry more blank cartridges. It'll take a bit for you to wear one down, but it can and will happen.

(Note: "cartridges" are way, way different than "cartomizers" -- other people have said that here already, but I'm reiterating it. Basically, you either have a cartridge and an atomizer -- like you presently have -- or you have a cartomizer that combines both into one neat and handy package and at the same time makes a nicely-squished-up word, too. That's how I managed to get that straight in my head. It might help you with keeping it straight, too.)

5) If you've got very strong flavors like menthol, coffee, or cinnamon, you may want to consider having an atomizer dedicated to that specific flavor-range only, and then other atomizers for other flavors. That's because the more potent flavors have a tendency to cling, no matter how much you clean the durned things. Why this is, I don't know, but it can happen. Now, you can use multiple different menthols on an atty that's dedicated to menthol -- it's really only the menthol that'd cling, flavor-wise -- and the same holds true on other strong flavors... but it's something to consider for the future. Right now, though, as you're just starting out, don't stress out about doing this. Just think about it for later. :)

Hopefully that stuff helps you a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread