I apologize but here's my new Provari review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I don't like to dispute anything said by Bad, but read the first post here.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/416849-official-new-provari-red-chrome.html

The polished will be a regular option. :D

I had trouble understanding System's post, too. :blink:

The one intelligent sentence he had I will attempt to answer.

Historical Timeline of the Provari:

2010 - The first postings from Provape's supplier forum about the upcoming release for the original v1 Provari was fall of 2010. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/131028-provari-variable-voltage-mod.html

2011 - The option of the blue LED display was announced fall of 2011. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/239034-new-provari-option-blue.html

2012 - Announcement that the chromed Provari was being discontinued was made summer 2012 due to quality control issues with laser etching of the finish not meeting Provape's standard for excellence. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/317443-chrome-provari-discontinued-now.html

2012 - The Mini Provari was announced winter of 2012, as well as the upgrade from v1 to v2 which was an increase in amp limit from 2.5 amp to 3.5 amp. Version 1 owners were allowed to upgrade to the new chip for $20. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/272834-provari-mini.html

2012 - The first color cerokote finish was also announced winter of 2012 with the satin black. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/264625-new-black-satin-provari.html Blue, white, pink, and purple were added late summer of 2012.

2013 - Version 2.5 occured in spring of 2013, which was only a cosmetic change in the milled designs on the bodies of both the standard and mini models.

2013 - Limited edition red, polished stainless steel, and green Zombie editions were announced.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I don't like to dispute anything said by Bad, but read the first post here.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/416849-official-new-provari-red-chrome.html

The polished will be a regular option. :D

The thread you linked to has "polished" confused with "chrome." ProVape used to make a ProVari with a chrome finish, but discontinued it. They are sometimes for sale in the classys and you can see from the pictures that the finish didn't hold up. The polished ones being sold now are polished stainless steel, not chrome.

It could have been phrased a little differently in the timeline, but who has time to look up synonyms for "edition?"

2013 - Polished stainless steel, green Zombie and limited-edition cherry red finishes were announced.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
But really, how limited are the red's going to be? I hope they're very limited since I got one, but I have a feeling they will keep making them...

I think it's odd, since red seems like it would be a staple color, but it specifically says on the ProVape site that "Cherry" red is a limited edition. It would make more sense if it said the Zombie is a limited edition. :blink:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Sorry I had to sleep, but the title of the thread, is misleading, if you read down a bit Provape responded, to the thread, and said that it is polished not chrome. That is the correct thread, its just the thread title that is wrong.

The thread you linked to has "polished" confused with "chrome." ProVape used to make a ProVari with a chrome finish, but discontinued it. They are sometimes for sale in the classys and you can see from the pictures that the finish didn't hold up. The polished ones being sold now are polished stainless steel, not chrome.

It could have been phrased a little differently in the timeline, but who has time to look up synonyms for "edition?"

2013 - Polished stainless steel, green Zombie and limited-edition cherry red finishes were announced.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Sorry I had to sleep, but the title of the thread, is misleading, if you read down a bit Provape responded, to the thread, and said that it is polished not chrome. That is the correct thread, its just the thread title that is wrong.

I see that now - but it wasn't until #7 that stainless was mentioned. I wouldn't have read that far down. ;) I misunderstood your post, in that I thought you were basing your reply on the start of that thread and that you thought Bad had said the polished was a limited edition.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Na na na boo boo, stick your head in do do.

fingers-in-ears.jpg

Last edited:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
My guess is the used Provari is coming as a "package deal" with batteries, extension cap, and possibly some juice attachments...to justify that cost.

Not always,,,,,,,,and that's what gets me,,,,,a whole kit, ok,,,,,,,I can see it,,,,,,,but a lot of those Ebay deals are MOD ONLY.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
"Don't hate us, we don't hate you. And should any of you ask why we like the ProVari so much, please refrain from dismissing our answers and insist we are only trying to justify spending too much money. We do not give a flying fruit bat what you vape, why do you care so much what we vape?"

Have I dismissed any of your answers?

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I just think it's raised to a level, and treated like the ones who talk about it are the only ones who have access to it.

Um, we can buy one too...like, save that prestige for vaping something you are the tester of, is unreleased and is highly anticipated.

How longs the Provari been out?

Why does this post remind me of Sean Penn as Spicoli spilling out of a smoked filled van then in Mr. Hand's class ordering, "like", pizza?

Na na na boo boo, stick your head in do do.

Not even going to go there what this reminds me of. Seriously, if you're that offended by those who have chosen to invest in a ProVari, why even bother looking, reading or responding to anything in the ProVari threads. I mean, I get some crave attention but this is beyond an immature level. :facepalm:

fingers-in-ears.jpg

Last edited:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
"Don't hate us, we don't hate you. And should any of you ask why we like the ProVari so much, please refrain from dismissing our answers and insist we are only trying to justify spending too much money. We do not give a flying fruit bat what you vape, why do you care so much what we vape?"

I think it was a general "you",,,,,,,not you specifically :)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
No problem, I stalked that thread, for months, trying to get info, on the release date. Plus later on in the thread, somewhere Provape says that it will be a regular stock item, I think that they just didn't realize, that they would sell out so fast.
(sorry for the delayed response I had to work)

I see that now - but it wasn't until #7 that stainless was mentioned. I wouldn't have read that far down. ;) I misunderstood your post, in that I thought you were basing your reply on the start of that thread and that you thought Bad had said the polished was a limited edition.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

Holly is correct, I meant "you" as "any people reading this post." I apologize if it sounded like I was referring to you specifically.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
so is the polished one going to be a regular stock item or not?

THAT is the one I want :D

I emailed them (Provape) a few weeks ago, and they did say that the polished was not a limited edition, and that they do plan on getting more in stock, but as far as when that might happen, they would only say "in the next few weeks." *sigh*

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
so is the polished one going to be a regular stock item or not?

THAT is the one I want :D

Yes, the polished will be regular stock. What I find odd is that red is supposedly a limited edition, but I haven't seen the Zombie listed as a limited edition. The other way around seems more logical, but perhaps ProVape plans to corner the zombie mod market.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I emailed them (Provape) a few weeks ago, and they did say that the polished was not a limited edition, and that they do plan on getting more in stock, but as far as when that might happen, they would only say "in the next few weeks." *sigh*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,,,,,,,,,thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread