I can haz Vicky rantz about the FDA proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hey Vicky

Do you have anything to say about the FDA proposals? A lot of us are anxious to hear supplier's view points on this matter. As someone who has it working from both sides - as a web presence and with multiple B&M's open - I would think you have multiple levels of concern. As consumers we know what we can do at this point - which isn't all that much - get our comments in about the proposed regulation. But we aren't hearing all that much from suppliers yet.

I'll just leave it open at this point. I could think of a pile of issues you are facing and must be considering, but I would rather not cloud your voice on this matter with my perspective from the consumer end of things. Ok, maybe one question: Do you have an Attorney for the business and have you run any of this FDA poop past your legal beagles?

Rick

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
That is such a long answer....

Yes many a great legal mind is reading and rereading. I can tell you this for certain, putting ecigs into the same category as cigs will effectively make all new products apply as such and the cost of that will be out of reach for all except the very large companies that have a limited product line. It will hand the entire industry to the very large players and back technology up by years.

All items intended to be used as an ecig containing nicotine are included.. That means parts like batteries and atomizers.

It is uncertain what ramification selling only 0 nic with hardware would do...

There are many different angles to this and our efforts need to be in concert. I would say to wait until the document is fully analyzed and a plan tweaked. That analysis will be posted here as well as on Casaa and I am certain many other places... and then we all need to speak together. There will be things for both the consumer and vendor to do.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to tell you what I think. There is so much to say, I don't want to bore you to tears

Hey Vicky

Do you have anything to say about the FDA proposals? A lot of us are anxious to hear supplier's view points on this matter. As someone who has it working from both sides - as a web presence and with multiple B&M's open - I would think you have multiple levels of concern. As consumers we know what we can do at this point - which isn't all that much - get our comments in about the proposed regulation. But we aren't hearing all that much from suppliers yet.

I'll just leave it open at this point. I could think of a pile of issues you are facing and must be considering, but I would rather not cloud your voice on this matter with my perspective from the consumer end of things. Ok, maybe one question: Do you have an Attorney for the business and have you run any of this FDA poop past your legal beagles?

Rick

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thank you. The one comfort I take from this is that you are on the same page as most consumers: waiting on CASAA and other people/places that have the legal expertise in order to best understand what our options are and what we can and should do.

I don't think that a lot of people comprehend that the suppliers are equally concerned if not more so. We may lose our right to vape. Suppliers lose their means of support, have to put people out of work, and may suffer huge losses being stuck with contractual obligations that don't give a rat's .... care as to why you can't pay the lease on that B&M any longer. The proposals are anxiety provoking enough for the consumer, can't imagine what you are going through as an owner.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I feel like I have been in anxiety training for years awaiting this moment and while I have had less stressful jobs in my life, I would not trade this for anything.

I cannot stress enough... that if you, (meaning the vaping public and vendors) have been waiting for a time to make your voice heard, that time is very soon. Casaa and SFATA appear to be the focal points...stay tuned.

Thank you. The one comfort I take from this is that you are on the same page as most consumers: waiting on CASAA and other people/places that have the legal expertise in order to best understand what our options are and what we can and should do.

I don't think that a lot of people comprehend that the suppliers are equally concerned if not more so. We may lose our right to vape. Suppliers lose their means of support, have to put people out of work, and may suffer huge losses being stuck with contractual obligations that don't give a rat's .... care as to why you can't pay the lease on that B&M any longer. The proposals are anxiety provoking enough for the consumer, can't imagine what you are going through as an owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread