I can't find my cartos anywhere. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshBy

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
AL, USA
If I could get IBTank to send me some XL glass replacements, I'd be OK for a while. I guess I could try calling them, as they don't come here anymore and their website says the don't answer email from their site anymore.
If you get any info on why everything is out of stock please let us know. I'm really hoping they will restock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
It's sad to see IBTanked having issues. They always had great service and reasonable prices. Just good folks. I went to their site Friday to order some replacement tank glass for my KF4's, and saw that they were bare bones, and I wasn't going to get what I needed.

Fortunately, I found Spectrum tanks online, and they were just as helpful as I was used to from IBT. Prices are a bit higher, but customer service comes with a price I suppose.

As far as carto's go, I was the same way for a long time. Had my brand, and nothing else came close. On a whim, I picked up an R91 when they were all the rage, learned how to rebuild, and haven't looked back. Not sure if it's helpful to you OP, but I do recommend rebuilding. The overall long term costs are far less, and there never a worry about finding your favorite.

Reactions: oplholik

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
I, as well, was a long time cartotank user. I also preferred the 35mm 2ohm flanged smok carts. I moved to RTAs (Lemo Drop, than Lemo 2, URBA, etc.) and left the cartos behind (I gave my last like 80 to a user here). I now only use my tanks for out and about, and drippers at home, though I always take one dripper with me. I have found the flavor from a RDA to be way more satisfying, with richer denser clouds, than my cartos could ever provide.
I know it can be hard to move on, but I strongly suggest getting an inexpensive RDA/RTA and giving it a try. No more dud cartos, no more leaking with pressure changes (well the Lemos and other vacuum style tanks do, but I've stopped using those as well, just the URBA and an Avocado - which are basically RDAs with a tank below), takes about as long to rewick as priming a new carto...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Longtime (years) cartotank user. My favorite carto were the Ikenvape Platinum punched. They were quite popular, and often were out of stock. I used IBTanked cartotanks, too.

Usually didn't have problems with quality control from Ikenvape, but the last order had five bad cartos back to back. Since I had started to rebuild coils for RBA's, I told myself that was enough. I'll be rebuilding exclussively from now on. Haven't used a cartotank in almost two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread