The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I can't find my cartos anywhere. Please help!

Discussion in 'Cartomizers' started by AshBy, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ed_C

Ed_C Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Seligman, MO
    If I could get IBTank to send me some XL glass replacements, I'd be OK for a while. I guess I could try calling them, as they don't come here anymore and their website says the don't answer email from their site anymore.

2. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'd call first, then order. The couple times I called, they were pretty responsive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oplholik

@Ed_C ,if you call, let us know how it went.

4. AshBy

AshBy Senior Member Verified Member

Jun 18, 2014
    AL, USA
    If you get any info on why everything is out of stock please let us know. I'm really hoping they will restock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. oplholik

I would like to know also, altho I believe I know the answer.

6. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    It's sad to see IBTanked having issues. They always had great service and reasonable prices. Just good folks. I went to their site Friday to order some replacement tank glass for my KF4's, and saw that they were bare bones, and I wasn't going to get what I needed.

Fortunately, I found Spectrum Tanks online, and they were just as helpful as I was used to from IBT. Prices are a bit higher, but customer service comes with a price I suppose.

As far as carto's go, I was the same way for a long time. Had my brand, and nothing else came close. On a whim, I picked up an R91 when they were all the rage, learned how to rebuild, and haven't looked back. Not sure if it's helpful to you OP, but I do recommend rebuilding. The overall long term costs are far less, and there never a worry about finding your favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  7. daveid777

daveid777 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Baltimore, MD
    I, as well, was a long time cartotank user. I also preferred the 35mm 2ohm flanged smok carts. I moved to RTAs (Lemo Drop, than Lemo 2, URBA, etc.) and left the cartos behind (I gave my last like 80 to a user here). I now only use my tanks for out and about, and drippers at home, though I always take one dripper with me. I have found the flavor from a RDA to be way more satisfying, with richer denser clouds, than my cartos could ever provide.
    I know it can be hard to move on, but I strongly suggest getting an inexpensive RDA/RTA and giving it a try. No more dud cartos, no more leaking with pressure changes (well the Lemos and other vacuum style tanks do, but I've stopped using those as well, just the URBA and an Avocado - which are basically RDAs with a tank below), takes about as long to rewick as priming a new carto...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tol

Tol Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    NY
    Learning to rebuild will let you control how you vape and in the end is much much cheaper. It takes a little while to adjust and find what you enjoy but it can be done and worth it IMHO.

9. oplholik

I run a couple cartos and tanks, but have rebuildables as well, with spares for everything. I'll always have something to vape on.

10. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Longtime (years) cartotank user. My favorite carto were the Ikenvape Platinum punched. They were quite popular, and often were out of stock. I used IBTanked cartotanks, too.

Usually didn't have problems with quality control from Ikenvape, but the last order had five bad cartos back to back. Since I had started to rebuild coils for RBA's, I told myself that was enough. I'll be rebuilding exclussively from now on. Haven't used a cartotank in almost two years.

11. oplholik

I have a lot of rebuildables I use, but still like cartos, and have three mods set up with cartos, and tanks. I have boxes of cartos stashed away, and continually add to the stash.

12. pmuniz10920

pmuniz10920 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Carto sized RBA... *drops the mic*

13. pmuniz10920

May 7, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I found you guys cause I was looking through my old vape box and found IBTs, Loki tanks, SnP tanks, Cage Tanks...

I didn't think anyone used them anymore...

• Like Like x 1
  14. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Which tanks ended up being your favorite? The S&P seems like a great tank?

15. pmuniz10920

May 7, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    SnP was always top, then cage, Loki and IBT

16. pmuniz10920

May 7, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Bad thing is I don't use them anymore, what mods are you folks running with cartos?

17. oplholik

I have three Provaris on cartos, one P3, and two 2.5's.

• Like Like x 1
  18. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Just an Istick 30. At 6W, it's an all day battery for me. I guess I'll have to try the S&P.

19. oplholik

20. pmuniz10920

May 7, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    It is a beautifully crafted tank, top fill (v2), 22mm and 23mm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.