smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Honestly if I had more than a handful of flavors I wouldn't type them all out either. What be more practical is ecf allowing links to elr flavor stashes.
    I was thinking someone would have already suggested the OP to enter their stash in one of the online databases.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I was thinking someone would have already suggested the OP to enter their stash in one of the online databases.
    OP may have but isn't able to link. While I do appreciate ecf I would prefer they climb off the very high horse and better serve the common folk on ponies.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    OP may have but isn't able to link.
    There's always copy/paste, or at least a snapshot of bottles lined up or a sheet of paper :). I can line up 25 bottles in about half a minute ;).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    There's always copy/paste, or at least a snapshot of bottles lined up or a sheet of paper :). I can line up 25 bottles in about half a minute ;).
    True. Up to the OP how detailed the information is given. Perhaps OP hasn't yet grasped the differences between brands and how much they affect a mix. Anyway there was no need for the chastisement or snarky remarks. OP didn’t ask for anything more than tips which can be easily given without knowing what's in the stash.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I gave up on recipes, mixing flavors and trying different brand of flavors, all my stuff was garbage. I, now, mix my stuff without flavoring. I squonk and every now and then I will add a few drops of something I like in the drip tip of my bottom feeder attys. Works fine for me, I am not a skilled e-liquid chef, I didn't have the patience to keep at it. My way works for me, I like it; others on here do have the patience to devise recipes and make good stuff. I'm not much of a cook either.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2019
    South Africa, Cape Town
    Best is cut your losses and move on, i was in the same shoes as you, everything i mixed didn't matter at 3% or 15% tasted like nothing, once i made a 5% bubblegum and 5% watermelon candy and it was the one and only recipe i created that i actually tasted any thing, after that tried 6% bubblegum and 4% watermelon and whala muted again :( after that i just gave up and went for one shots, one shots works out better for me and still cheaper and there really isn't much you can screw up.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I wouldn’t recommend giving up, but using one shots is a good idea until someone can find what flavors and what brands work for them. DIY isn't for everyone but imo if you aren't willing to do the reading and research along the way it's a waste of resources if you don’t have a natural knack for it.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Personally, I don't make any award winning recipes; most are single flavor (and a few maybe 4 to 5, max). But, I take great satisfaction in not spending a lot of money on pre made juice.

I've been at this for over 3 years and am not afraid to try mixing something new. I may have made a couple that were truly unvapable, but I can pretty much get through the rest of them and be satisfied.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Personally, I don't make any award winning recipes; most are single flavor (and a few maybe 4 to 5, max). But, I take great satisfaction in not spending a lot of money on pre made juice.

I've been at this for over 3 years and am not afraid to try mixing something new. I may have made a couple that were truly unvapable, but I can pretty much get through the rest of them and be satisfied.

Without even much effort I made a pepto bismol flavor that wasn't pink. I think I'll probably pif it to someone on the forum.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Without even much effort I made a pepto bismol flavor that wasn't pink. I think I'll probably pif it to someone on the forum.
    Now you tell me. I could have used that last night :lol:.
    new-peptolupa-5-pepto-bismol-adam-thecreat-taco-bell-nobel-prize-55128494.png

DIYNoob

Moved On
    Jun 20, 2019
    I do mostly bakery. In my experience, you don’t need more than one of the predominant flavor, but you do need back up flavors. Different vanillas, graham cracker, cakes, cookies and such can add a lot and round out the main flavor. I don’t see any advantage to using more than about five flavors. If you’re doing that, you’re using the wrong ones, unless you’re going for something really complex (like a pie with a crust and nuts and a fruit with coffee or something equally ridiculous)

I said "chocolate mousse". Is that considered a bakery? There's no flour in a mousse. It's just cream and chocolate. So the chocolate has to stand out, no?

Reactions: DeloresRose

DIYNoob

Moved On
    Jun 20, 2019
    Want to make sure I have this right, not cataloging flavors?

I don't know what that means..i just started this like 4 weeks ago. Posting here you mean? I`m too lazy to look at all the tiny bottles and stuff. I got a bunch of basic stuff, some creams, some fruits, but i think i got all the wrong ones. I`m playing around with concepts, trying different things, but this is hard. I spent about 200$ Canadian on everything i bought, and still most of the juice i vape is bought juice(from a shop). It`s the way it is. I`ll get better, maybe.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    I don't know what that means..i just started this like 4 weeks ago. Posting here you mean? I`m too lazy to look at all the tiny bottles and stuff. I got a bunch of basic stuff, some creams, some fruits, but i think i got all the wrong ones. I`m playing around with concepts, trying different things, but this is hard. I spent about 200$ Canadian on everything i bought, and still most of the juice i vape is bought juice(from a shop). It`s the way it is. I`ll get better, maybe.
    It means, Tesco brand cola doesn't taste anything like pigilly wiggly, wally-world, Costco, Sam's club, or some homemade cola. They probably all taste a little like Coca-Cola, as much as Pepsi, Rc, tab, pibb, or pepper, but none of them taste like a saspirilla when added to vanilla bean ice cream... Be it Ben and Jerry's, bryers, Eddy's.... Etc...

To help more than the generic, try this, or try that approach to testing what you have, with notes...
    To which you seem averse to all suggestions, we'd need to know what you've got.

DIYNoob

Moved On
    Jun 20, 2019
    Best is cut your losses and move on, i was in the same shoes as you, everything i mixed didn't matter at 3% or 15% tasted like nothing, once i made a 5% bubblegum and 5% watermelon candy and it was the one and only recipe i created that i actually tasted any thing, after that tried 6% bubblegum and 4% watermelon and whala muted again :( after that i just gave up and went for one shots, one shots works out better for me and still cheaper and there really isn't much you can screw up.

And you`re a
    I wouldn’t recommend giving up, but using one shots is a good idea until someone can find what flavors and what brands work for them. DIY isn't for everyone but imo if you aren't willing to do the reading and research along the way it's a waste of resources if you don’t have a natural knack for it.

I think i do, but i`m new. :) And there`s no way i`m buying one shots. That`s like buying e juice already made, it`s selling out :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread