I CAN'T smoke anymore!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is just terrible.

I've had a love/hate relationship with analogs for fifty years now. I've tried to quit and succeeded and then failed, and used bupropion and patches and warm turkey and cold turkey, and so on, endlessly. But I secretly never really, really wanted to quit. Quitting felt like drudgery. I always told myself that, if I could just get to where I smoked about five analogs a day, I'd be okay. No more coughing and spewing and bad smell and feeling like crap throughout the day.

I started vaping around Thanksgiving this year. Bought some V4L and Good Prophets stuff. Immediately bonded with GP's Virginia juice.

Found myself down around five analogs a day after a week or so. vaping was okay and enjoyable.

Then I got a Go-Go from DiscountVapers. This took it to a whole new level -- no worrying about running out of electrons during the day or during the evening chain-vaping. Several juices bloomed and came alive with the 4.2V that the Go-Go pushes when it comes off the charger. Bought a bunch of other tobacco-flavored juices, and liked many of them, quite a bit.

I realized last night that I'd forgotten to smoke any analogs for a week. Just pure forgot; no effort or thought on my part about quitting totally.

I had a box of Camel Regulars in the house. Tried one last night. Yuck. Stubbed it out after smoking a quarter of it.

Bought some fresh Camel Lights an hour ago, which is what I smoked before vaping. Tried one. Stubbed it out after about five hits. Nasty, nasty tasting stuff. Felt sick and a little dizzy and my chest hurt from the smoke.

This is horrifying, on an existential level. It's kinda like that awful, abusive marriage that you get stuck in, that's killing your body and spirit. But you're bonded for life, so you just keep on, doing the best you can to maintain and survive.

Fifty years of effort, down the drain now.

So, so sorry, tobacco baby. I didn't mean to leave you. It's over now. Don't be sad -- you'll find somebody new.

Time for me to Ramble On.

Ramble On - Led Zeppelin - YouTube

Keep on Vapin'!

GreyLion :2cool:

Starlight682

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
California
Love you story congrats on quitting. I no longer have a want or need for analogs either love vaping i actually have part of a carton of smokes left in my freezer. I bought the ecig and the carton at the same time (shows you how much i thought it would work lol) anyways, still 7 packs left after almost 2 and a half months of vaping haven't touch an anolog in almost 2 month, and won't ever again !!!!

love your song choice too ;)

Just finished mixing up some ECOPure Rich 30 mg, with ECOMix to bring it down to a 10 mg. concentration, which arrived today. Couldn't resist tossing in some GP Virginia, since I keep reading that the ECO stuff is almost tasteless. Will try without anything added, later.

Frankly, one of the things I'm enjoying most this month is playing with the new toys. I'm apparently very much the demographic for ECF -- I love mixing and cleaning and experimenting and playing with the twiddly bits.

Analogs had gotten borrrrring long ago -- Buy a pack, light it up, cough your guts out the next morning. Repeat until you die.

As we know, a really good drug can mimic being in love in some ways -- similar brain chemicals getting stimulated.

I may not have a new love here, but there's definitely some foolin' around going on....

Eric is Definitely The Man. Has treated me great. I'll check out the GotVapes thing, Kellymcm -- but I'm really stocked up right now. Maybe some more cartos... About all I really need is for the Go-Go LCD batts to come back in stock. Need a back-up.

And yeah -- Zep does rule, IMHO. Got some great memories of them, too, minigoat. I saw them live at least twice. Maybe three times -- It was the Sixties, ya know... :blush:

miller552

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Texas
thegeneralagent.com
Well, this is just terrible.

I've had a love/hate relationship with analogs for fifty years now. I've tried to quit and succeeded and then failed, and used bupropion and patches and warm turkey and cold turkey, and so on, endlessly. But I secretly never really, really wanted to quit. Quitting felt like drudgery. I always told myself that, if I could just get to where I smoked about five analogs a day, I'd be okay. No more coughing and spewing and bad smell and feeling like crap throughout the day.

I started vaping around Thanksgiving this year. Bought some V4L and Good Prophets stuff. Immediately bonded with GP's Virginia juice.

Found myself down around five analogs a day after a week or so. Vaping was okay and enjoyable.

Then I got a Go-Go from DiscountVapers. This took it to a whole new level -- no worrying about running out of electrons during the day or during the evening chain-vaping. Several juices bloomed and came alive with the 4.2V that the Go-Go pushes when it comes off the charger. Bought a bunch of other tobacco-flavored juices, and liked many of them, quite a bit.

I realized last night that I'd forgotten to smoke any analogs for a week. Just pure forgot; no effort or thought on my part about quitting totally.

I had a box of Camel Regulars in the house. Tried one last night. Yuck. Stubbed it out after smoking a quarter of it.

Bought some fresh Camel Lights an hour ago, which is what I smoked before vaping. Tried one. Stubbed it out after about five hits. Nasty, nasty tasting stuff. Felt sick and a little dizzy and my chest hurt from the smoke.

This is horrifying, on an existential level. It's kinda like that awful, abusive marriage that you get stuck in, that's killing your body and spirit. But you're bonded for life, so you just keep on, doing the best you can to maintain and survive.

Fifty years of effort, down the drain now.

So, so sorry, tobacco baby. I didn't mean to leave you. It's over now. Don't be sad -- you'll find somebody new.

Time for me to Ramble On.

Ramble On - Led Zeppelin - YouTube

Keep on Vapin'!

GreyLion :2cool:

Congratulations on your breakup/divorce from the stinkies...now maybe the girls will like you more!...lol...Vaping is awsome like that...just sayin'

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
I remember when i realized i hadent smoked for a few days.. i sat and tried to remember when the last one i had was.. then i realized it was after i got some Juicy vapor Cola flavored e-liquid from one of the vaping stores by my apartment.
After i discovered that and put it in my ego xl mega tank i forgot about smoking... i hope they never go out of bussiness.
I would die!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I love stories like this! I bought my first mall kit with the intention of quitting.. and I did, 3 months later. I think "accidental quits" are the easiest. I think it takes longer for more people if they put too much pressure on themselves. I did not put pressure on myself. I took my time and kinda played with vaping.. trying some juices, upgrading from the mall kit. When I tried the mall (smoking anywhere) I knew it wouldn't get me off cigarettes but I was intrigued and started researching. That led me here and that enabled me find a device that would satisfy me. I now use a vv box from Madvapes and the vv Sgt Army Tank.

Congratulations!!! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, vapers!

Until now, it never even occurred to me that there could be such a thing as an 'accidental quit'. I always had to work my way up to it, and find some time when life was a little less stressful, and deal with cravings, and feel deprived and so on.

This was as easy as giving up eating dirt. Or smoking it....

Jackiej6407 -- Yeah, Janis was one-of-a-kind. I'm pretty sure that I saw her at the Lewisville Pop Festival. She was there. I was there. But the acid was extremely intense... :p

If you haven't already checked it out, there's a semi-obscure film of an ill-fated train tour that she and the Dead and the Band and a few others did -- Called 'Festival Express'. I highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Festival-Express-Janis-Joplin/dp/B000305ZDO

Most of the movies and tv about that time aren't the Sixties that we really experienced; they're filtered through Hollywood's shallow b.s. Festival Express captures it accurately. Makes me long to be back in an era that was more filled with joy and creativity. And a great deal more unfettered affection for each other, which seems to be sorely missing too often these days.

Sorry. Nostalgia flashback over now.... :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread