i don't know if i should get 24mg e-liquid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Depends on your goal. I like to puff, I often puff even when I don't have a craving, and my goal has always been to work down, not up. If you need a quickie, high MG is great, but if you just enjoy vaping and/or happen to have a goal of reducing - you don't want to sucking down 24mg when you don't need 24mg.

You won't need as many puffs, but you'll probably take as many puffs!

If you're still trying to kick analogs, use whatever it takes.

Otherwise, if you happen to want to reduce, I'd suggest you stick to 18 and drip some 24 for when you need a kick.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
really? i take hits because i have a craving for a cig, so i assumed if i get the 24mg e-liquid i wont have a craving after like 2-3 puffs

I suppose the Best thing to do is to get some 24mg and see what happens.

It doesn't matter what 99.9999% of people do with something. It only matters what you do.

Are you happy with 18mg right now? And or are you looking for something you want to vape less with?

crashhat69

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2012
USA
I suppose the Best thing to do is to get some 24mg and see what happens.

It doesn't matter what 99.9999% of people do with something. It only matters what you do.

Are you happy with 18mg right now? And or are you looking for something you want to vape less with?

well right now im using the mistic e-cig, im using the cart's that come with 18mg's and it seems like to me that most of the time im taking alot of puffs. so im gonna get some 24mg e-liquid and see how that works. and if i get addicted to just vaping i'll start to calm down on the nicotine amount

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
well right now im using the mistic e-cig, im using the cart's that come with 18mg's and it seems like to me that most of the time im taking alot of puffs. so im gonna get some 24mg e-liquid and see how that works. and if i get addicted to just vaping i'll start to calm down on the nicotine amount

I think this sounds good.

When I switched from analogs to vaping, I had a heck of a time. I just couldn't get any Satisfaction from an e-Cig.

In desperation, I tried 36mg e-Liquids and the Cravings for Analogs went away. Then over the next 3 months, I easied back on the mg.

Now I use 16~18mg during the day and 0mg at night.

Everyone is Different and the key is finding what works Best for You.

crashhat69

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2012
USA
I think this sounds good.

When I switched from analogs to vaping, I had a heck of a time. I just couldn't get any Satisfaction from an e-Cig.

In desperation, I tried 36mg e-Liquids and the Cravings for Analogs went away. Then over the next 3 months, I easied back on the mg.

Now I use 16~18mg during the day and 0mg at night.

Everyone is Different and the key is finding what works Best for You.

i'll just see what the 24mg does. i don't know if i should get the 36mg, but who knows lol

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i'll just see what the 24mg does. i don't know if i should get the 36mg, but who knows lol

I would suggest making Small steps.

Going from 18mg to 36mg is more like a Large Jump. I did it just to get off Analogs. Once I had 3 weeks Analog Free, I started to ramp down on the mg.

Try the 24mg and see how it works.

My theory is if I take the same amount of hits with 18mg or 24mg, I would go back to 18mg.

Be sure to Let us know how things work out.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
really? i take hits because i have a craving for a cig, so i assumed if i get the 24mg e-liquid i wont have a craving after like 2-3 puffs

Think about how you use an analog. You're satisfied halfway through but you finish it because it's there. Once you get used to vaping it's always there.

And even pack-a-weekers have certain times or occasions when they tend to chain...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
or just stick with the 18mg. if i get the 24mg e-liquid i'm assuming i won't take as many puffs as i do now. any help?

Here is another option. Buy a small bottle of 24mg and a small bottle of 12mg. If you find that 24mg is too much and it affects you in a less than desirable way, then mix the two (equally) and you will be back down to 18mg. Or, you can mix a little more of the 24mg than the 12mg and be slightly higher than 18mg. Do what you want, but since you were asking for advice, be aware that going up in nic strengths can be way different in terms of effects. I know that I can vape 12-14mg freely, 15-18mg only at certain times of the day, or if I am super calm. 15-18mg is not good for me if I am slightly anxious. I would suggest when you vape 24mg, vape it by itself so as to accurately assess how it makes you feel (as opposed to vaping 18mg all day then trying the 24mg).

Once again, do what you want, but since you asked for advice, this is mine.

Good luck in all your endeavors!

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
Here is another option. Buy a small bottle of 24mg and a small bottle of 12mg. If you find that 24mg is too much and it affects you in a less than desirable way, then mix the two (equally) and you will be back down to 18mg. Or, you can mix a little more of the 24mg than the 12mg and be slightly higher than 18mg.

Great advice, Mr. Mann! That's exactly what I would have offered. I vape 24mg most of the time so I don't walk around with my PV constantly like a pacifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread