Status
Not open for further replies.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Saturday my daughter graduated from high school. I knew with 488 students graduating that it would take a while and at some point I would need a nicotine hit.

The place was packed, not an empty seat and there I was e-smoking. :D No one said anything. No one even looked my way. But to be fair, whenever I would puff on it, I would hold it as long as possible, then slowly fan the air with my hand as I exhaled. :D

It worked...

Mavkain

Jul 3, 2008
I puff on my REC at work all the time. It's awesome. Think of the increase in productivity if they supplied all the real smokers with these. Would be huge.
I've puffed is stores, the movies, whereever i want. I dare them to call the cops on me... The pie'd be on their face. Smoking in public places etc is not legal here. Which is good. Can't even drive in your car with minors and smoke. Also good. I say that I could puff in a church full of kiddies and there's nothing they can do :) They'd try.. but fail.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Actually, there is no law permitting e-smoking. If you're on private property, you do as the owner demands, not as you desire. Numerous restaurants and bars are prohibiting e-smoking. You will NOT have a choice in those places. Defiance is not the answer. Explain your device, if necessary, but always comply with a private place's rules. There is no RIGHT to e-smoke. Don't forget that in your zealous pursuit of legal nicotine.

BTW: I fully agree on productivity increases if business owners would let smokers e-smoke at their stations or in their offices. I'd even suggest a business purchase e-cigs and USB cords for smokers. A financial gain in productive time would soon follow. The presumed health benefits of e-smoking could lower insurance costs in the long run.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Most places I've e-smoked, and been seen doing it, I've been met with questions and plenty of smiles when I show the e-cigarette and how it works. I've never confronted anyone and attempted to assert smoking rights, so all has been well. I have used the e-cig in a bookstore, grocery store, etc., without incident. And the less it looks like a cigarette, the better! I would never whip out the mini and flash it around in a "no smoking" area. I use my pen style and it looks to most people like I'm sucking on the end of a ballpoint pen. That's fine by me.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
.... I don't know how many times I have been asked to "borrow my pen" and I have to explain to them what it is.
baa.gif
Really?? - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread