I fixed it! Still concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainR3AP3R

Jan 17, 2018
Guys im the guy from the post yesterday with 40replies. I tried everything you guys said and nothing. Then something came to my mind. When was the last time it worked? When the battery was fully charged. So i had little hope but decided to try it. I charged it fully and when i tried it. IT WORKED. The thing is now i know the reason was because the mod couldn't give the power needed and i think the batteries are the problem. Tell me your opinion if im ok for now or should change the batteries. Also i kind of cant open the tank xD . What are some ways to loosen it?

Reactions: stols001

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
Difficult to say about the batteries, they are a whole topic unto themselves.
Best I could say is to keep a close eye on them.
I would always recommend to vapers to buy a multimeter and learn how to use it. So many questions can be answered by measuring, volts for the batteries, Ohms for the atomisers.

As for opening the tank, put it in some hot water for 10 minutes, then dry it off and put rubber bands around the tank and the lid. The heat should help loosen things and the rubber bands give you improved grip.

Well done on solving your problem, and a huge thank you for updating the whole story.
So many people ask for help and disappear without a trace once they are happy with their lot.

Happy vaping sir! :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Recommended batteries from our resident battery expert Mooch... Good chart to have handy.
IMG_4813.jpg

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
In your other thread you were asked questions about your batteries that went unanswered.

What battery are you using?
(name brand, any letters & numbers on wrap, color of wrap)
Some malfunctions can be caused by use of an insufficient cell.

You should only use the proper chemistry, name brand cells with an at least sufficient CDR to support the power ranges you normally use.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That thread with 40 posts is not uncommon enough to provide a referant.
We’ll need to go over some base info again.
What mod are you using at what wattage?
What batteries have you got and what is their amperage reading when fully charged?

A lot of mods have artificially high watt ratings because they assume CDRs of batteries that are higher than it is possible to get. If you vape a a wattage that is close to the maximum listed for your mod it is very possible that you are
1. Not actually vaping at the wattage you think you are and
2. Hammering your batteries really really hard trying

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Don't use that battery. Please. If you don't know what it is and how old it is, you are venturing into those shark-infested waters.

I think I recall that it's hard for you to get gear and whatnot? Well you should be able to import batteries from a reputable manufacturer unless where ever you are is so rabidly anti-vaping that this would be a problem. Battery distributors worth their salt though these days usually contain a "don't use in vaping" warning, so it would be hard to argue that it's "vape equipment." (It's more of a legal covering of butts, which you may not find with the rewraps and batteries you shouldn't use in vaping, in fact by now if I DIDN'T see that warning, I would be worried.)

If you cannot import, you are going to have to find a way to get your hands on some reputable batteries, or (worst case) find an internal battery mod that you KNOW is new. Either would be preferable than the situation you have going on now.... Used, unknown batteries are not safe as you have NO CLUE as to what a safe wattage range and whatnot would be. Sorry to be a downer, but batteries is really one of the MAIN areas where you really need to do so correctly. I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but it is best going to be remedied by getting new batteries. I'd check the "recommended" vendors (it's at the bottom of Mooch's battery chart) and see if any will ship to your location. If not, you are going to have to get creative about finding some, but checking out the chart should at least give you some idea of what a reputable battery should look like and then you can go from there....

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Guys im the guy from the post yesterday with 40replies. I tried everything you guys said and nothing. Then something came to my mind. When was the last time it worked? When the battery was fully charged. So i had little hope but decided to try it. I charged it fully and when i tried it. IT WORKED. The thing is now i know the reason was because the mod couldn't give the power needed and i think the batteries are the problem. Tell me your opinion if im ok for now or should change the batteries. Also i kind of cant open the tank xD . What are some ways to loosen it?
Would help if you tell us where you are and what options you have for acquiring batteries.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Maybe a MOD can come in and combine his threads? @retired1 @CaptainR3AP3R it is not necessary for you to keep starting new threads for the same subject.It is much easier to get help if you do not.
I agree with others here stop using the mod until you acquire a good battery from a trusted source.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Might like to read through again if you haven't already:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...attery-current-draw-for-a-regulated-mod.7532/
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

To disassemble a tank, might try to wrap a few rubber bands a twist CCW.

• Agree
Reactions: Oomee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread