I found my old PureSmoker Passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheik124

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2008
Tampa, FL
Just thought I'd chime in.

I tried vaping two years ago and didn't find it enjoyable, mainly because of the cartridges and finicky 510 atomizers. I'd purchased one of the original PureSmoker Passthroughs on sale, and used it more frequently than anything else I'd picked up the first time.

I recently tried to quit smoking, and am now one week happily vaping. I found the PT in a box, plugged it into 3A/5V/12V combo thing from Wal-Mart (guitar pedal adapter, in another life), and plugged in an XL Dual Coil Carto (1.5 ohms). :vapor::vapor::vapor: This sucker makes my eGo look like a supermini.

How much current do these draw? Trying to find a compact AC adapter to carry around with it, and my 1A 5V HTC charger just buckles when I hit the button. The charger has an LED "htc" logo on it that just kind of fades away whenever I try and push the switch, so I figure I need something more powerful.

The carto sizzles, a LOT, when being used with the PT. Should I be worried? I saw a thread where carto filling was removed and unwound and it was burnt up. I'm not running it anywhere near dry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread