I guess I am a slow learner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tctom

Jan 27, 2014
Traverse City, MI USA
Hi Y'all - Tom here -
After 5 (yes I said five) heart attacks and six stents in my heart - I finally decided just this last December 2013 to find an alternative to them stinky cancer sticks. I started with an EVOD kit and within a week I packed up all the tobacco stuff (I rolled my own) and have been cigarette free ever since. I am currently using a Vamo v5 with Kanger Uni-tanks (love the top fill) and I am waiting patiently for my MVP to arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. We have a nice Vape shop here in Traverse City and they were very helpful.

This month - my wife joined me in vaping (we had both been smokers for 40+ years) and she is doing exceptionally well also. One more plus is that my youngest son (age 37) and his wife have also gotten on the vaping Band Wagon!!! Whodathunk that at 62 I would be a trend setter??? Now if I could just get my 40 year old son to come aboard just think of the cloud we could create!!!

Anyway - I am gladd I found the forum and hopefully will find some other folks here in Michigan to chat with also.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Welcome to ECF.

I'm glad you found a setup that works well for you, and the MVP2 is highly regarded here.

I had a Triple Bypass in June of 2012, odd thing is what got me into vaping was shoulder surgery in Dec of 2012. I knew they were going to keep me overnight because of the recent bypass, so I bought a JoyeTech Ego C upgrade to stealth vape in the hospital. I used to stuff my own also.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf.

Are you kidding... Michigan has probably more vapers that most places I know. Well, with the exception of maybe Florida. LOL

congrats on finally getting rid of those stinkies.

Your journey is just beginning. Soon the sense of smell and taste will return and you will be surprised at all you missed. The good and the bad. Of all things, when mine came back(after 40+ yrs of smoking) I found the most offensive odor was raw meat. And I love me a good steak.......I had taken some burger out to fix for dinner, and the smell just knocked me over. Of course, I thought it had gone bad, but had the rest of the family smell it and they said it was fine. Needless to say, while they ate it, I had a salad. LOL

Just goes to show ya, you never know till you try.

Good luck. Glad you found us.

:)

Last edited:

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi Tom and welcome to the wonderful world of vaping and glad you found and joined ECF. Sounds like you and your wife are on the vaping trail. The gear you are using (and waiting for) should serve you well.

You can teach a middle aged dog new tricks (I'm about the same age and I still consider it middle age because I don't feel or act "old"). And you've shown that you can be the trend setter in your family which is fantastic. You should feel good that your example has positively affected your family. I figure vaping is one of the best things we can do for the people we care about who care about us.

I hope you find ECF and the folks here to be supportive, friendly and knowledgeable. I've sure found them to be that way. Keep the vape and namaste.

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
Hi Tom,

First, welcome to ECF and congratulations to you, your wife and your son for making the switch. That's fantastic news! It's incredible what this addiction will cause us to do and your story is absolutely the proof-positive to me that vaping is an effective means of quitting that terrible habit. I'm so proud of you and yours, seriously! I'm glad for all of us that you found us and we found you!

Keep up your efforts, it's completely worth it. I hope to see you around here for many years to come. Good luck with the journey and keep on vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread