Welcome to the vape world I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmark0610

Oct 16, 2013
Bean Town
Welllll let me begin by introducing myself.

My name is Brian and I am from only the greatest sports city in America, Boston! Go Red Sox!!!

I am on the cigarettes and I want to get off desperately! I gave the slim cigarettes a shot where you just replace the flavored cartridge at the top but those didn't work for me at all...

I have been watching some videos on mod's and such and I am not sure which vaporizer to get... So many to choose from... I want to make sure the one I choose will WORK! And keep me off the butts.

I also don't want the device to break the bank... I know every time I go out its 10 bucks a pack but I can’t really fathom spending 100 dollars on a vaping device... What would you recommend?

I smoke about 3 - 4 packs a week if this helps any.

I also want to get one for my mother who has been smoking for nearly 40 years...

DigitalVI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
CORINTH TX
Welcome. You have taken a great first step in finding ECF.

Vaping has improved considerable for everyone, and will for you as well. Being new can be overwhelming, take your time, research before making decisions (spending money), have patience. Most people on this forum are very helpful and have experience.

Dan

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Welcome to ECF! $10 a pack 8-o Well I guess that’s better (or worse, depending on your point of view) than NY where, I think, it’s $14 a pack. I get where you don’t want to spend $100 but look at it this way, what’s health worth to you? You’ve got an excellent recommendation in the ego/evod and I’ve heard good things about Parallel’s recommendation too. Do buy a number of different liquids, in various flavors, nothing worse than getting stuck with one you don’t like. Also make sure the nic level is high enough for you. It often takes a little bit more to get over the initial hump. I used 24mg, most seem to have used 18mg and a few went up to nic levels in the 30s.

You don’t need to cold turkey either. There are those lucky devils that started vaping and never looked back. I hate them. Kidding. Many have used cigarettes and vaped at the same time. All we count here are the cigarettes you DON’T smoke. Congratulations on taking the first steps. The learning curve is rather staggering for all of us so don’t be intimidated by it. There are a lot of invaluable vaping PhDs around here to answer questions.

There are quite a few of us that have smoked 40+ years on here that have switched to vaping and damned glad we have so don’t let your mother be intimidated. :)

Parallel

Oct 10, 2013
Portland, OR
Parallel, Welcome to ECF and congratulations on quitting! :party: I was just in Portland, my folks live up there. Are there any vape shops anywhere between Chinatown and the PSU area?

Hello and thanks! You know, I'm rather new to this whole vaping world :) I'm on the SE side, and just this weekend I found a neat local shop. This is such a hip little/big city and I'm sure there are tons I've yet to find. I need to explore the area!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread