Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Oh wait, how about this!??!?

Staying at a hotel, and getting a non-smoking room because your wife (and you too, if we're being honest) can't tolerate the horrid STENCH of a smoking room.

So you generally go out into the stairway and sit on the stairs to have a smoke. But sometimes, you just really don't want to have to get dressed and go all the way out there. So you open the hotel window, intending sit with your face next to the window and blow all of the smoke straight out. But the stupid window only opens two inches, because human beings can no longer be trusted to open their own damn windows in a hotel anymore. So you sit there, sucking in all the smoke and blowing out this little crack.

Yeah, we all did that, right?
:-x

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
Oh wait, how about this!??!?

Staying at a hotel, and getting a non-smoking room because your wife (and you too, if we're being honest) can't tolerate the horrid STENCH of a smoking room.

So you generally go out into the stairway and sit on the stairs to have a smoke. But sometimes, you just really don't want to have to get dressed and go all the way out there. So you open the hotel window, intending sit with your face next to the window and blow all of the smoke straight out. But the stupid window only opens two inches, because human beings can no longer be trusted to open their own damn windows in a hotel anymore. So you sit there, sucking in all the smoke and blowing out this little crack.

Yeah, we all did that, right?
:-x

Oh yeah, been there and done that.

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
Did you ever go into the bathroom and turn on the fan and blow all the smoke right into it?
Like when it is super cold out, or the wind is blowing wrong through the window.

I never even thought about that. :( I just suffered in the cold in those situations. I'm from MN, so I'm tough. :rolleyes:

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
God I miss when I worked overnights in a hospital and would sneak to the bathroom and stand on the toilet to blow smoke straight into the ventilation. And I was 50 years old! (note: WAS 50, sniff, sniff)

For the ladies, don't you miss emptying out your purses and pulling out gum and lipgloss with tobacco stuck in it? I know I do, what's a good lipgloss without a piece of tobacco stuck to it then transferred to your lips and you don't know it for hours????

Puffice

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
In front of this screen
God I miss when I worked overnights in a hospital and would sneak to the bathroom and stand on the toilet to blow smoke straight into the ventilation. And I was 50 years old! (note: WAS 50, sniff, sniff)

For the ladies, don't you miss emptying out your purses and pulling out gum and lipgloss with tobacco stuck in it? I know I do, what's a good lipgloss without a piece of tobacco stuck to it then transferred to your lips and you don't know it for hours????

Too Funny,
I've got one (other than most everything that has been said), waiting after I eat in a restaurant till everyone is done so I can get outside to smoke. Bathroom is now a okay.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
hmmm...where do I start?

Thank you e-cigs for my lungs clearing and me coughing up cats and dogs every morning and each time I work out (I can actually work out now - P90X here I come!) My lungs may be healing but WTF?

And thank you e-cigs for me not having to constantly scrub the stains off my fingers and wash my clothes twice so my boss and co-workers can't tell that I smoke cigarettes (I work a real time utility job where smoking is a BIG no-no) by the smell that permeates my every cell and fiber of my clothing.

But really, thank you e-cigs for me and the wife not spending about $300 a month on tobacco products to maintain an addiction we would pay 10X that amount to be rid of. We might actually have to take our daughter on vacation this year because we can afford it and be around to see her graduate, get married, have kids etc. What kind of crap is that?

Great thread...not so good at advice, sarcasm is my specialty so I'm on board. :)

Now I don't have to ruin what's left of my hearing in my left ear from driving around with the window always cracked....
This thread is great. I can relate to every story (well, almost every story).
Talked to one of my co-workers today and saw he had an e-cig apart in front of him on his desk. It was a mall cig, and he said he'd had a lot of problems with it. I pulled out my Janty eGo and showed it to him. His first question was "how much vapor do you get?" I pulled a 3-4 second hit, and when I blew it out, he was amazed. I gave him this forum address and told him there's more info here than he could imagine.

cmdryker

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis, Mo
www.crystalclearvaping.com
hmmm...where do I start?

Thank you e-cigs for my lungs clearing and me coughing up cats and dogs every morning and each time I work out (I can actually work out now - P90X here I come!) My lungs may be healing but WTF?

And thank you e-cigs for me not having to constantly scrub the stains off my fingers and wash my clothes twice so my boss and co-workers can't tell that I smoke cigarettes (I work a real time utility job where smoking is a BIG no-no) by the smell that permeates my every cell and fiber of my clothing.

But really, thank you e-cigs for me and the wife not spending about $300 a month on tobacco products to maintain an addiction we would pay 10X that amount to be rid of. We might actually have to take our daughter on vacation this year because we can afford it and be around to see her graduate, get married, have kids etc. What kind of crap is that?

Great thread...not so good at advice, sarcasm is my specialty so I'm on board. :)

Those should be emailed to jimmy fallon, He can say them TV when he rights out his nightly thank you notes. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread