Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
My Reo Grand has decided to develop a rattle. Best I can tell it's the door that's maybe a bit loose. I checked some of the other tips out and one said to bend the door. Well I'm not real good a gently bending things. (I believe a 4# shop hammer is perfect for hanging a small picture. LOL Now she doesn't ask me to hang anything. Job well done on my part.). Any way. Suggestions for a door that rattles? And before anyone says it; "No I'm not going to use duct tape!":lol:

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
RATTLES!!! Watcha got, a rattle snake in that thar mod????:p

I put just enough electrical tape on my battery to barely touch the door when it is closed. Pretty much stops the door and/or the batteries from rattling. Problem solved. And it you leave a tail on the tape, it makes it a little easier to get the battery out.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
I really don't want to put any tape on my batteries. My AW's are used in a lot of other mods also. Some of them have a VERY tight tolerance, and don't play well with any thing but the AW's. The Preciese +, and also my Provari. I've tried to use Efest brands in my Preciese +, but the Efest is just a tiny bit to big and long. So much for a standardized size for a product. And here I thought that an 18650 = 18650. Well it doesn't. It all depends on the manufacturer. But I might just try and set a couple back just for the Reo. :unsure:

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
One day, one of mine gave one little rattle whenever I put it to my mouth. After a while, I figured out it was the juice bottle. I changed the location of the top of the bottle (pulled it down a bit so it would wedge the bottle to the bottom). Problem solved.

Yeah, that's happened to me too. Same solution.

eta: this solution is also the first thing to try before cutting if the pickup tube is getting stuck on the bottom of the bottle.

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
One day, one of mine gave one little rattle whenever I put it to my mouth. After a while, I figured out it was the juice bottle. I changed the location of the top of the bottle (pulled it down a bit so it would wedge the bottle to the bottom). Problem solved.

Thanks!!!! But already been there and done that. That rattle drove me crazy till I figured out what it was. Easy fix though.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
You still use other mods...:?: Just kidding, of course.

I put a length of a reo business card (bent in a V shape) between my juice bottle and the batteries on my VV grand just to shore them up and keep them from moving around. It's a little getto but it would probably stop the rattle from the door if it barley touches.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
You still use other mods...:?: Just kidding, of course.

I put a length of a reo business card (bent in a V shape) between my juice bottle and the batteries on my VV grand just to shore them up and keep them from moving around. It's a little getto but it would probably stop the rattle from the door if it barley touches.

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are. That made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread