I have a good idea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
I know this would kind of suck but what if we could somehow get "big tobacco" to manufacture e-cigs? If they did they wouldn't be putting the funding into destroying the alternative and they would keep paying customers alive longer so they would make more money. I know if they produced them the FDA wouldn't say a dam word about it!!! At least they sure as hell wouldn't get banned and big tobacco would do everything in their power to keep taxes off them.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Maybe, maybe not.

They might start putting a bunch of crap in them to make you addicted to them.
They would probably make them tamper proof so that you had to buy pre-filled cartridges.

And it is a good bet you wouldn't get any higher than 16mg strength.
Gotta keep the money flowing, you know.

Think it through, and let me know what you think.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
I know this would kind of suck but what if we could somehow get "big tobacco" to manufacture e-cigs? If they did they wouldn't be putting the funding into destroying the alternative and they would keep paying customers alive longer so they would make more money. I know if they produced them the FDA wouldn't say a dam word about it!!! At least they sure as hell wouldn't get banned and big tobacco would do everything in their power to keep taxes off them.

They have, in 2007, see:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/88673-funny.html

Last edited:

laborer75

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Minooka, IL
www.goodejuice.com
Companies like Phillip Morris would ruin the vaping industry. They'd pollute our ejuice with 1000's of chemicals we are trying to avoid now. Plus not to mention all the great people who supply the communities with ejuice, hardware, etc., would all suffer from it. Probably even lose thier businesses. I like it how it is minus the FDA and courts and politicians getting thier noses in it all.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Big tobacco only puts enough nicotine to maximize the following cravings. You would be paying thrice a fortune (my guess is $300 and up--or even $600--plus taxes and taxes and cartridges only in regular and menthol) and have to walk around and drive with a foot-long ecig in your mouth. They call it the 'heatbar':

heatbar.bmp

Last edited:

shepp

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Virginia
we just need to have everything regulated and tested honestly. i understand all the health concerns on using propylene glycol and nicotine overdoses and what not, but i really believe that once there at least a few good solid companies in the US that is extracting nicotine and providing tested and regulated flavorings that things will calm down a bit. in my opinion, the only way big tobacco companies should be involved is in nicotine extraction but should go no farther than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread