• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I Have an Idea! Bible Study Group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I would like to join in on this too, if I may.

Did I miss where the day was decided and are we doing the book of Revelations? Maybe I should go back and start reading this thread from the start again...LOL!

When do we meet? What book do we start with? How many chapters, or the whole book at once (sort of a daunting task with Revelations)

Yeah Kelly! So glad to have you join us! We haven't started yet, still trying to figure out the details........lol. Your input is appreciated too.

We are still trying to figure out where in the Bible to start, how much to read each week, and what day we meet back here to discuss. Do you have any suggestions?

KellyinAZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Mesa, AZ
I think starting with the book of Mathew would be good. Southern Gent is right that there are many references back to it in other books in the New Testament. As for the day, I have no particular preference but the time we need to figure out with different time zones and what will work best for everyone. Or I guess if we are going to be doing posts on a particular day the time factor doesn't really matter.

Lisa, I think this is a great idea!

Southern Gent, please help us to understand things better since you seem to have a much better background than I do, I can't speak for anyone else here though.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I think starting with the book of Mathew would be good. Southern Gent is right that there are many references back to it in other books in the New Testament. As for the day, I have no particular preference but the time we need to figure out with different time zones and what will work best for everyone. Or I guess if we are going to be doing posts on a particular day the time factor doesn't really matter.

Lisa, I think this is a great idea!

Southern Gent, please help us to understand things better since you seem to have a much better background than I do, I can't speak for anyone else here though.

Yeah Kelly! So glad to have you too! I think we should check in at one appointed day of the week to go over what we read the week before.

Hopefully the group leader will write some sort of commentary on what we read, and we can discuss. :)

providencewouldhaveit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas
O.k. I don't get on here daily but count me in part time. Also I highly recommend e-Sword - the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge free download for study tools (commentaries, daily devotions, Greek & Hebrew lexicons, several different translations of the bible) that you can have on your computer without having to be online. My favorite commentaries are Spurgeon on Psalms and Jamieson Fasset and Brown on most of the bible. I also like John Gill & Matthew Henry on some things. E-Sword also has KJV with Strongs numbers so you can put your curser over a word and get the original Hebrew or Greek.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
O.k. I don't get on here daily but count me in part time. Also I highly recommend e-Sword - the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge free download for study tools (commentaries, daily devotions, Greek & Hebrew lexicons, several different translations of the bible) that you can have on your computer without having to be online. My favorite commentaries are Spurgeon on Psalms and Jamieson Fasset and Brown on most of the bible. I also like John Gill & Matthew Henry on some things. E-Sword also has KJV with Strongs numbers so you can put your curser over a word and get the original Hebrew or Greek.

So glad you have you join us too providence!!!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread