Status
Not open for further replies.

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
rba.JPG

MORE OF IT. I'm addicted to it. Now it's going in all my RDAs. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Now the question is what's first on the chopping block?

DatNicoticket.jpg

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Vintage? Well it has really come into its own. I was not blown away at first and put it away for about 2 months then about a week ago brought it back out to enjoy and oh how it has improved!

That gives me hope! I was kind of suprised being that since snickerdoodle cookies are my favorite kind of cookie that the Doodle flavor is the least used out of my NT rotation. It's been sitting hardly used for about a month now, maybe month and a half. I'd already learned not to judge something questionable on the first couple of taste tests alone so I'll definitely have to keep revisiting this one! As it stands I had still been using it occasionally to make my own "mad" NT mixes lol!

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That gives me hope! I was kind of suprised being that since snickerdoodle cookies are my favorite kind of cookie that the Doodle flavor is the least used out of my NT rotation. It's been sitting hardly used for about a month now, maybe month and a half. I'd already learned not to judge something questionable on the first couple of taste tests alone so I'll definitely have to keep revisiting this one! As it stands I had still been using it occasionally to make my own "mad" NT mixes lol!

I'm finding the same out about butterscotch! However I honestly wasn't expecting these to be a favorite, and was mostly just curious! I've said it before and I'm sure I'll repeat myself a few more times but Clark could probably make a salmon with feta or bleu cheese taste delicious!

My initial thoughts were "thump", as it was a bit strong in the chest on the first few vapes. I didn't think it was great, nor bad, just kind of middle of the road but I didn't really spend a lot of time with it due to that and the fact that it hit me pretty hard and I'm not usually affected like that with too many juices!

It went into the steeping chamber but I've picked up the half filled tank a few times since and it keeps getting better and better only approx 1 week later! In the morning I still get that "hello" from it, but at the same time it has a smoothness, almost "silkiness" that coats my palette and a nice sweetness to it! I like it that it's "different", I definitely get the hard candy butterscotch taste and it livens up a boring vanilla cupcake mix I've gotten from somewhere else and since mixed it with.

I have NOTHING but high hopes for this one that it will certainly get better with time, but doesn't pretty much EVERYTHING NT puts out?

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
So I'm absolutely sold on the XC-116 wick. I loaded up my 2nd Kayfun, Patriot, Trident V2, and Spirit RDAs. I think gave it the bench test. I loaded up 2 Kayfuns with Radioactive. One has XC-116 and one had cotton. They were both 1.2ohm rocking at 15W. I get more flavor notes out of the XC-116 than I do cotton. Then I gave them to my girlfriend, had her try both blindly. She said that she gets more complexity out of the XC-116 one.

As with anything vaping YMMV, but if you're looking for an alternative to cotton, this might be the path to look down. The fact that I can drip, dry burn, and add a different NT liquid makes me happy for my constant flavor change vaping.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
Yeah I was surprised it was not something I loved out of the mail but it has really improved I think for me it is toned down. I havee mixed it with Frenilla as well and love that combo. Oddly Frenilla is not my favorite either but it certainly makes everything I have ever mixed it with better.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Honestly, I am not sure...

Kent, you certainly must. I've been undergoing a nine month study of consumer wick media and rebuilding methods. Nextel ceramic braid has been central to that study for standing out so well. It's flow characteristics are amazing and in most respects it's more flavor neutral, consistent than cotton. This makes it ideal for tank atomizers. Although fine grades of Japanese cotton now becoming popular on this forum and elsewhere are closing the gap. Accordingly my study has focused on clearomizers such as the Kanger line and to encourage newcomers to transition to a more rewarding vape. That means ultimately improving the flavor potential technically and with media. Ceramic braid more approximates this ideal than any other wicking media.

There are two sources properly preparing this product for vaping:

RBA Supplies LLC
SnG Vapor

Both use methods recommended by the raw material producer to make the media suitable for vaping use.

RBA's RxW product is treated a lengthier preparation process. SnG material is heat cleaned, also a method prescribed by the manufacturer. SnG offers prebuilt coils as well which is an amazing way for newcomers to experience the superior flavor potentials of high end products beyond the clearo and carto.

As always appropriate due diligence rests with the end user.

Ceramic braid's advantage is durability and power handling far greater than cotton. This is economical in terms of both time and money. For the flavor sensitive such as myself it's magic. I own and test far too many devices, lol, to possibly rewick them all every other day. So Nextel is the doorway to a broader enjoyment of the vaping technology and flavors we all crave but can't keep up with in our busy lives.

Regardless, ceramic braid wick can stand on its own legs where flavor is concerned. For premium juices it opens the view to their distinctiveness. That's crucial for us to enjoy the vaping horizons open to us.

You will not be disappointed.

Good luck.

:)

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Kent, you certainly must. I've been undergoing a nine month study of consumer wick media and rebuilding methods. Nextel ceramic braid has been central to that study for standing out so well. It's flow characteristics are amazing and in most respects it's more flavor neutral, consistent than cotton. This makes it ideal for tank atomizers. Although fine grades of Japanese cotton now becoming popular on this forum and elsewhere are closing the gap. Accordingly my study has focused on clearomizers such as the Kanger line and to encourage newcomers to transition to a more rewarding vape. That means ultimately improving the flavor potential technically and with media. Ceramic braid more approximates this ideal than any other wicking media.

There are two sources properly preparing this product for vaping:

RBA Supplies LLC
SnG Vapor

Both use methods recommended by the raw material producer to make the media suitable for vaping use.

RBA's RxW product is treated a lengthier preparation process. SnG material is heat cleaned, also a method prescribed by the manufacturer. SnG offers prebuilt coils as well which is an amazing way for newcomers to experience the superior flavor potentials of high end products beyond the clearo and carto.

As always appropriate due diligence rests with the end user.

Ceramic braid's advantage is durability and power handling far greater than cotton. This is economical in terms of both time and money. For the flavor sensitive such as myself it's magic. I own and test far too many devices, lol, to possibly rewick them all every other day. So Nextel is the doorway to a broader enjoyment of the vaping technology and flavors we all crave but can't keep up with in our busy lives.

Regardless, ceramic braid wick can stand on its own legs where flavor is concerned. For premium juices it opens the view to their distinctiveness. That's crucial for us to enjoy the vaping horizons open to us.

You will not be disappointed.

Good luck.

Ok, you got me. This is interesting information!~ I definitely have to try it - I've been hooked oh Koh Gen Do and Shiseido Facial Cotton for about a month - so far it's treating me really well... it's been a long time since I used anything other than cotton so it might be time to branch out!@~

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
The XC-116 wick from RBA supplies is kiln treated and will not fray on the ends when you cut it. Makes it much easier to thread through the coils. Seems like the ceramic wick is gettin' some interest, that's a good thing. My BSP tastes AMAZING using it.

Where do you buy it from? The XC-116.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Ok, you got me. This is interesting information!~ I definitely have to try it - I've been hooked oh Koh Gen Do and Shiseido Facial Cotton for about a month - so far it's treating me really well... it's been a long time since I used anything other than cotton so it might be time to branch out!@~

LOL, that's good. You'll find that you can't scorch or burn ceramic braid. It can't. So it's user friendly. Another plus. It gives you a fair amount of warning anyway.

I started preliminary testing this week on KGD and Shiseido. They're impressive, I agree. Cotton is overwhelming in taste to me and I can't cancel it out like silica or Eko. As pigments build up in cotton they're even more prevalent in the flavor. One to two days at most before wick changes. So it's demanding. Trying to give something back here. Newcomers need alternatives when they're trying to get over. No better way than to show them how to have the best vaping experience.

I guess too I'll have to admit a petite faux pax that in all my juice/wick/media testing I haven't gotten around to sampling Nicoticket. We will soon correct that oversight.

Enjoy the vape, and good luck Kent. Thanks for the comeback.

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
[...]I mean, I love dripping but it's never a feasible thing for me at work and I'm on the go a lot.[...]

I stopped reading right there. Those who want to drip on the move get a bottom feeder, or one of these ungainly Vapemate things. Period. If you're doing something else, you're not dripping, you're not going to get the same results, and you're wasting your time and your money.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
My wife asked him about that bumper sticker once (I thought it was brilliant and hillarious, but she thought she was offended) and after speaking with him for some time about it she realized that he had just done it all in "good fun" as a Pepsi vs Coke type of thing. He said that the ones who usually get the biggest laugh out of it are die hard cotton users. I love that about this industry, people know how to take a joke! :) We use RxW btw, and LOVE it :) I strongly suggest you try it if you haven't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread