I have only just started vaping (literally today) but want to talk about... TASTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
LOL touché..true so true! ;)

I do get what u mean. And all of these variety of flavors to vape is so exciting and fun. But I draw the line in the new flavors I've seen out there of bacon, pizza, roast beef...just can't go there

Oh, come on....you know you're just dying for the ocean whitefish and tuna juice to come out. :evil:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
What a joy to read of your satisfaction and new sojourn! As others have mentioned, just wait 'til ya your t-buds reincarnate and explore da wide world of vaping flavs beyond da 'bakky realm...
thumbsup.gif

AND...
welcome_to.gif

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
My taste buds came roaring back a couple of weeks after I stopped analogs and quickly my ejuice tastes changed too, some that I liked, I no longer did and vice versa, I think it was because I could actually taste things again. Lol

Me too. I just HAD to have a tobacco juice when I first started vaping. But after the 2 week period that same juice tasted gross. It's taken me almost a 2 years to decide I wanted to go back & try more tobaccos (had that affect one gets after drinking something & suffering a hangover from it the next day so you can't touch it for months/years/ever lol). Now I like some of the tobacco flavors I have.

@ OP, I would strongly suggest that you have a bottle of higher nic juice on hand, not because you "need" it but because you might want a high dose of nicotine. I use 24mg right now but when I first started vaping I was using 18 & it wasn't enough for those first weeks. I had some days where 36mg was what I needed & some where 24 was enough.

Anyway, just a suggestion as I see so many comments from new vapers struggling going through cigarette withdrawals & I think some start out with too low a dose so it makes it even worse.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
LOL touché..true so true! ;)

I do get what u mean. And all of these variety of flavors to vape is so exciting and fun. But I draw the line in the new flavors I've seen out there of bacon, pizza, roast beef...just can't go there

That is NEVER going to happen for me. If I want pizza or roast beef I'll eat it :)

Hey hey WELCOME Aboard!

Talking about Taste - You are in for a world of Treats. Hopefully you don't just stop short and miss out.
I started out on the various Tobacco substitutes, still keep one in 18mg around for Panic attacks. Boy was I surprised to find nothing tasted like a smoke.
Well, now I never touch Tob. Flavors. Just lost the taste for them. But WOW, some of the desserts and creations of the mind just blow things away.
Now hooked on a DIY - Milk Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino and Orange Creamsicle.

Enjoy your adventure!!!:vapor:

Thanks for that great welcome and don't worry I only like the tobacco flavours I tried so far because they taste nothing like the real thing. I have ordered coffee and brandy samples hey I'm so 'out there' :)

Welcome to the newbie non smokers club!! I too quit smoking a couple weeks ago and haven't looked back. This is the first I've heard of the "dreaded week 6/7" thing. Is that a real thing? I hope ill be able to get through that!

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

Yeah it's real and it's the exact point most ex smokers go back to cigarettes, apparently. After six/seven weeks your body finally gets rid of the very powerful anti depressant you receive from cigarettes and it's not pretty. But vape through it with high nic and you'll be okay, or come in here and talk to us. I am dreading it but will get through it.

What a joy to read of your satisfaction and new sojourn! As others have mentioned, just wait 'til ya your t-buds reincarnate and explore da wide world of vaping flavs beyond da 'bakky realm...
thumbsup.gif

AND...
welcome_to.gif

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Welcome to the newbie non smokers club!! I too quit smoking a couple weeks ago and haven't looked back. This is the first I've heard of the "dreaded week 6/7" thing. Is that a real thing? I hope ill be able to get through that!

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

I didn't think it was that "dreaded". But as I said in my above post it's helpful to have nigher nicotine juice on hand in case you're really craving something strong. Not everyone does but I did so....

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Me too. I just HAD to have a tobacco juice when I first started vaping. But after the 2 week period that same juice tasted gross. It's taken me almost a 2 years to decide I wanted to go back & try more tobaccos (had that affect one gets after drinking something & suffering a hangover from it the next day so you can't touch it for months/years/ever lol). Now I like some of the tobacco flavors I have.

@ OP, I would strongly suggest that you have a bottle of higher nic juice on hand, not because you "need" it but because you might want a high dose of nicotine. I use 24mg right now but when I first started vaping I was using 18 & it wasn't enough for those first weeks. I had some days where 36mg was what I needed & some where 24 was enough.

Anyway, just a suggestion as I see so many comments from new vapers struggling going through cigarette withdrawals & I think some start out with too low a dose so it makes it even worse.

It's funny you should say that. Most of the samples I ordered were 24. I was told by some people they were too high, then the suppliers said pretty much what you did, aim high to be safe.

I have only tried two e liquids so fat, the USA Mix which I love to heaven and back which is 18 ml and the Ry4 which is 24 and is great but the throat hit is really harsh.

I still haven't got a good answer from anyone about if the throat hit comes from the pg/vg ratio or the high nic content. It's all a learning process to me at the moment.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
The store I got my starter kit from set me up at 12mg but I found I was craving more. I got some 18mg and that's too much for how often I'm vaping....lol

Now that I have an assortment and make some of my own, I can just mix and match or go high or low, depending on what I want at the time. Choices are good.

ta2dave76

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Las Vegas
Heya welcome to the club! Ive been vaping for about 25 days now. First few bottles of juice were 24mg, now everything lately is 18-16mg. My wife's cooking has seemed to improve abit...maybe its just me lol....

Ive mainly been vaping coffee/cappacino/mocha flavors. Ive tried a couple if different ry4's, and Im not diggin them. Im getting some Highbrow ry4 next order, just to see if its better than the others, but for now I really like the coffee flavors. Perhaps I should branch out more...

The only thing that doesnt taste right since vaping, is Oreos.....

Once again welcome, everyone here has been great to chat with for info and support!

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
You know how everyone talks about how the different types of tobacco TASTE? They're all chumps. Apart from the first normal cig in the morning with a cup of coffee you don't TASTE anything at all after that....

I couldn't get past this. Is this person serious? Is this thread worth reading? Has the person using a good Slayer song name just unfamiliar with vapor's tongue?

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
The store I got my starter kit from set me up at 12mg but I found I was craving more. I got some 18mg and that's too much for how often I'm vaping....lol

Now that I have an assortment and make some of my own, I can just mix and match or go high or low, depending on what I want at the time. Choices are good.

They start you on 12 did you smoke like 5 cigs a day? It's absolutely fantastic that you control your own usage now. They introduced you and then you owned them :)

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I couldn't get past this. Is this person serious? Is this thread worth reading? Has the person using a good Slayer song name just unfamiliar with vapor's tongue?

Are you arguing that real tobacco products don't lose taste overtime to the hilarity of the entire forum or do you have some other hidden point you would like known to others?

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Heya welcome to the club! Ive been vaping for about 25 days now. First few bottles of juice were 24mg, now everything lately is 18-16mg. My wife's cooking has seemed to improve abit...maybe its just me lol....

Ive mainly been vaping coffee/cappacino/mocha flavors. Ive tried a couple if different ry4's, and Im not diggin them. Im getting some Highbrow ry4 next order, just to see if its better than the others, but for now I really like the coffee flavors. Perhaps I should branch out more...

The only thing that doesnt taste right since vaping, is Oreos.....

Once again welcome, everyone here has been great to chat with for info and support!
Funny you should say that. I've never been a huge fan of Oreos and yet we have some around for the grandkids and they've been tasting GOOD to me....lol

The person is referring to cigarettes with the not tasting thing, not vaping.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
I'll go back and read then. But off hand I still disagree. I tasted my smokes every time but appreciated the taste in the morning more than later.

I sort of agreed and disagreed. I mean, I knew they tasted bad but I was used to that taste and it was comforting after so many years.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Thanks TA2 sorry I missed your post in Penn's surreal investigation of nether existences.

We have had a few newbies saying ridiculous things lately and I am not only reading usually so sometimes I might miss details (as most people are prone to occasionally missing details). So what is your reason for being snarky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread