I have tried and tried cartomizers, but it seems they dont give that "FULL FLAVOR". what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
i vape an eGo, rotating batteries 650mah and 900mah, always with eGo cylindrical mega cartridge and atomizer.
i have bought a bunch of eGo mega cartomizers. i have tried and tried, syringe method (cant do condom method on them cuz their .... caps dont work that way), and it seem that no matter what i do, vaping them is almost like vaping air with maybe a hint of flavor...not the FULL flavor that i get from soaking a cartridge with ejuice. so i just give up.
WHAT am i doing wrong? i dont want to just give up and have these cartomizers sit on the shelf!

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
but if i am going to use a cartomizer, i want one that holds LOTS of juice, like my eGo cylindrical mega cartridges.........
and i hate to see these go to waste since i bought a few!

had the same problem then I bought some boge LR cartos..full of flavor and plenty of vaper

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I've had the same thing happen to me. I am "challenged" and incapable of using a syringe. It's a slow process, but I drip into the threaded (atomizer) end. (usually until it starts dripping out of the mouthpiece. :laugh: ) I blow out the excess at the threaded end onto a paper towel. If I have "time", I let them sit about 15 minutes to absorb the juice. Like I said, it's slow, but anything to avoid having to use a syringe!!

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
well i certainly have no problem using a syringe, as i am a medical professional...but regardless, i still cant seem to get these eGo cartomizers to work well. it seems that the filling inside must not be fully saturated, no matter which way i try to fill them..and of course, since they are not like open cartridges where you can see the filler, i cant SEE how saturated it is in there....frustrating.

I've had the same thing happen to me. I am "challenged" and incapable of using a syringe. It's a slow process, but I drip into the threaded (atomizer) end. (usually until it starts dripping out of the mouthpiece. :laugh: ) I blow out the excess at the threaded end onto a paper towel. If I have "time", I let them sit about 15 minutes to absorb the juice. Like I said, it's slow, but anything to avoid having to use a syringe!!

BigJohnJ

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I have not used the mega carto's but have used the new Joye 510 that are made just like the mega ones and have had good flavor from them. Have you tried 3 or 4 different ones? Maybe just a bad carto. I had one box of 5 that 2 of them did not produce very much vapor. Sorry not a lot of help but I am sure someone who has used the mega carto's will come along very soon with some good suggestions.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I like the mega ego cartomizers. I take a syringe pop off the plunger insert needle into the hole....then pour/drip e-fluid into chamber=on refills its around 0.5--0.8cc. Place the plunger back on chamber carefully and add some resistance by going slowly by pressing on the top of plunger...once you start a small flow let it go into the cart slowly and it will refill. Check bottom for spillage and wipe/clean as necessary. I do get a full flavor vape. I just started using LR mega atties and love it more than cartomizers.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
well i certainly have no problem using a syringe, as i am a medical professional...but regardless, i still cant seem to get these eGo cartomizers to work well. it seems that the filling inside must not be fully saturated, no matter which way i try to fill them..and of course, since they are not like open cartridges where you can see the filler, i cant SEE how saturated it is in there....frustrating.

Lucky you! Syringes scare me. I assume that you're sticking the needle directly into the middle so that it "pierces" the "fill column" and not trying to put it in the filler. They're supposed to hold like 1.5 ml. So with a syringe you should be able to gauge that way. (I can never get more than 1ml. in a syringe though.--I'm "medically challenged". Syringes do NOT work like they do on doctor shows. :laugh:)

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
thanks for the responses. yes i am filling with syringe into the middle hole of the mouthpiece end. slowly until i see liquid come out of battery end. i even shake the cartomizer a bit, to help the juice inside there distribute. i have tried more than one cartomizer, and thus far have not gotten good results but will keep trying any hints i get on here!

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
All I can think of now is perhaps they are defective...its a chance. I bought from numerous places and found a few duds in the bunch...your filling them the right way as well...so next would be the juice...when I started vaping I used 100% vg at times. It does not work well in cartomizers. I find at least a 50% pg works better...

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
i bought them from litecig-two different boxes, so i doubt that both boxes of five would all be defective. i use 50/50 pg/vg or 70/30 pg/vg ejuices.

All I can think of now is perhaps they are defective...its a chance. I bought from numerous places and found a few duds in the bunch...your filling them the right way as well...so next would be the juice...when I started vaping I used 100% vg at times. It does not work well in cartomizers. I find at least a 50% pg works better...

enree

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Malaysia
If it is JOYE ego mega cartomizer, it seem that you have not done it correctly. Take a paper clip, straighten it then bend one end to 90 degrees. Slip the bend end into the hole at the mouth piece and let it slide until you can pull the cover. There is another cover with two holes as you look into the mouth piece. Remove it. Gently punch a hole right at the center and insert the needle. This is the correct way.

The method that you have applied is not wrong either. The thing is that it by pass the heater.

If the carto is flooded, you have to flick it out through the mouth piece like nurses do to old thermometers.

Try it and let me know.

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
this is exactly how i fill my cartomizers, and yes they are JOYE. and i am using up about 2ml of juice before i see it seep out of the battery end. and i give it a good shake like a mercury thermometer to distribute the juice. i have seen all the videos and do it just like i have seen on them. maybe cartomizers are not meant to give the good flavor and draw like cartridges?

If it is JOYE ego mega cartomizer, it seem that you have not done it correctly. Take a paper clip, straighten it then bend one end to 90 degrees. Slip the bend end into the hole at the mouth piece and let it slide until you can pull the cover. There is another cover with two holes as you look into the mouth piece. Remove it. Gently punch a hole right at the center and insert the needle. This is the correct way.

The method that you have applied is not wrong either. The thing is that it by pass the heater.

If the carto is flooded, you have to flick it out through the mouth piece like nurses do to old thermometers.

Try it and let me know.

Last edited:

enree

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Malaysia
OK one solution is solved. The other would be flooding. Have you flicked it out? Lessen the juice. Is the battery full? Connection good?

You have not answered the other question. Does it happen to all the cartos? Test at least two to verify it.

Edit: Oh I forgot. Above all clean dry the connections both with the battery and the carto.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
yep have flicked it out
tried them with fully charged joye ego batteries 650mah and 900mah
connection is good
i have two boxes of 5 cartomizers. i have tried filling maybe 3 of them...will try the others and hopefully i will get one to work well....
otherwise, its simply a matter of maybe cartomizers are not capable of providing the same full flavor as cartridges? i dunno

OK one solution is solved. The other would be flooding. Have you flicked it out? Lessen the juice. Is the battery full? Connection good?

You have not answered the other question. Does it happen to all the cartos? Test at least two to verify it.

andygee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
new york city
May i suggest checking for air bubbles in the syringe? My Volcano Magma cartomizers and megacartomizers fill like that; half work perfectly and half have that flavored air thing going on -- then after a while, they normalize and work. My suspicion is air bubbles and I'm checking it out.
Cartomizers I know to work: X-Power 900; pull the cap and drip right onto the fill, works every time. Same thing with e-cig technologies; but those cartomizers are good for maybe three or four fills before the atomizer part is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread