• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I have vaped in these SF Bars:

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I'm the same way. I just avoid doing it anywhere that is going to stir questions. I work as a consultant at many clients and I just take it outside to avoid confusion and attention. When I walk around downtown, I just kinda avoid eye contact with people who look like they are going to want to bum because I get tired of explaining why I don't have a cigarette or a lighter for them.

Ironically, after switching to e-cigs, I'm at most freedom at home alone. vaping in public is what has become more tense. At least I can vape in my apartment now. That's the best freedom.

I guess I feel obligated to explain. Hell, my wife gets tired of hearing the "spiel". It's not really good for my business because the people who ask are the inquisitive/curious folk who don't even have units yet as well as the bemused smokers who still aren't through giving their lungs a good decade+ of bashing.

But, it's a lesson in patience for me too, which is one that I DO need to learn for my business.

As for venues to vape in, I think the only place in Oakland that's worth going to is the Uptown. I'll check into that and post later. Going to Destroyer 666 tonight, so I'll have a chance to catch the Parkside's take on vaping inside the club.

I'm kind of in between the two; I actually LOVE explaining and talking to people about them, but just not all the time. :rolleyes: Sometimes my social anxiety gets in the way, and I just don't want to talk to anyone period. And sometimes it would just be too much bother, like on a bus or in a movie.

But for the most part, it's one of the few things I do get excited enough about to enjoy talking to other people about it.

I vape at all the bay area bars I go to - usually stealth vape unless I know they are chill with vaping. Here's some notes on some East Bay bars:

-Albatross - First off, a great bar to play darts. I got a lot of friendly questions here about vaping

-Blake's on Telegraph - Vape friendly. The workers and owners know what an electronic cigarette is. They once hosted a vape meetup for a vendor called "Vapor Den", I don't think they have hosted an event recently though. The downstairs area often has dance events with DJs. A security guard once stopped and demanded, "Let me see that thing". I showed it to him and said, "it's an electronic cigarette". He replied, "I know what it is..."

-Albany Bowl (Tierney's Sports Bar) - Another bar where I play darts (soft-tip electronic). I vaped here without any issues.

-1015 Folsom - A nightclub/dance venue. I vaped here and did not have any issues. They have fog machines and some people sneak cigs, so vaping is not an issue

-Kips - A dirty Berkeley bar. I vaped here and people just asked me, "You smokin weed with that thing??"

-Elbow Room in the Mission - I vaped here and it was so crowded and people were drunk so no one cared. I had a few interesting conversations with some hipsters drinking tall cans of PBR.

More to come soon.

foggy1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
S F Bay Area
Phil510...please check..I'll send you an PM
would like to possibly have a East Bay vapor meet
and while Geoff @ tasty vapors is a great guy;
I'm not into his style of music / bar thing
but I'd like to get the dust off my darts :)
mabe others (including Geoff) would like that too
Anyone else around like to meet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread