I haz big problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
So, I purchased my entire collection from Totally Wicked. In all I have 2 tornado batteries, 1 mega tornado battery, and 3 titan batteries. I mainly use my mega Tornado battery as my main device. It usually has enough power to get me through a whole day and I find myself grabbing another battery only when it's completely dead and needs a charge. So I'm sitting here enjoying some Casablanca on my mega tornado with a mega duel coil carto and suddenly my battery starts flashing indicating that it needs a charge. So I go to reach for another battery, but it is also dead. I have a habit of neglecting the other batteries because my mega is usually my main piece. So after trying each of the batteries I realize that they are mostly dead, so I set all my batteries to charge on a power strip. The 3 tornado batteries are connected into a multi-charger that holds 5 batteries total, and my tornado style batteries all have their own power adapters. So all in all, I have 6 different batteries all charging on one power strip with a surge protector. I let them charge for a couple hours when I realize that none of the batteries work anymore. They all behave like the are completely dead with a flashing light until I try connecting a titan battery to a carto and I realize that even though nothing happens when I press the button (no led indication) once connected I hear the carto sizzling and it wont stop until unscrewed. The LED never glows and the button seems to do nothing. Its like it constantly cooks off. The tornado batteries simply do nothing. All of the batteries mentioned are manual. So now I am sitting here super frustrated because every single battery I have seems to be done for. I am on my 4th month cigarette free thanks to these batteries but if they are all dead I have nothing left to use. If anyone has any kind of input I would greatly appreciate it. I'm feeling a little heartbroken that none of my equipment works anymore and I am about to go buy a pack of smokes.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
Off hand, I'd say a bad charger and one shot batt.

Do you have a voltmeter?

No, I don't have a voltmeter unfortunately. But this is more than 1 shot batt...it's all of them. 3 Titans on one multi-charger, and 3 tornado batts each with thier own charger...all of which were plugged into a power strip in the wall. I am soo sad right now. 4 sockets on the power strip were being used in total.

Last edited:

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
If you have been using low resistance attys/cartomizers, then I would say they bit a premature life. If not, your charger is at fault.

On my Tornado style batts I use mega dual coils, and on my titan style batts I use Boge SR cartomizers. Every battery seemed to kick the bucket all at once at the same time. Maybe my power strip is at fault or maybe I simply had too many charging on it at once. This was every single e-cig battery that I had that died all at once. I was just layed off at my job too so this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Last edited:

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
Wow that super Sux Any power surges tonight we had a few here i ran for my chargers? Screw inhale unscrew and order a cheap kit is what i would do i cant imagine do your best not to reach for analogs. Dam i would be licking my juice bottles sorry hope you stay strong and get through it... Might want to check out http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rgency-needs-read-rules-pm-pif-moderator.html

No power outages here and no storms. I'm thinking that my power strip is somehow faulty. I believe this because 4 different chargers and all batteries are now dead. The only commonality was the power strip. I did just buy a pack of smokes...I'm eye-ballin' em' angrily....but I haven't touched one yet.

Last edited:

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio

I've been poking through there but I haven't found anything that may rez my batteries yet. I'm gonna keep looking and maybe I'll get lucky.
Thank you everyone for the kind responses and suggestions. I think I may resume my efforts in the morning coz honestly I am so frustrated at the moment that I'm not doing myself any good. I just keep thinking about the money I spent, and how I no longer have a kick ... job to replace all my gear. Maybe in the morning I'll have calmed down a bit to approach this a little more objectively.

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
With a small screw driver, gently pry up the center pin on the battery (the part that will connect to the center of the attys). You really just need to wiggle it. Sometimes they get smashed down some and wiggling it will cause it to raise back up.
Nope, sure haven't. I'm not quite sure how to be honest.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
With a small screw driver, gently pry up the center pin on the battery (the part that will connect to the center of the attys). You really just need to wiggle it. Sometimes they get smashed down some and wiggling it will cause it to raise back up.

I'll try raising the battery post tomorrow. For now, I think I'm gonna try and just go to bed. This pack of smokes is eye-ballin' me funny and I don't wanna break down and smoke em' after being smoke free for 4 months. I was angry and broke down and bought them, but I haven't opened this pack yet. My best bet right now is to calm myself a bit...ignore the taunts from this pack of smokes and try ironing something out in the morning.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I'm not quite sure how to be honest.

Very gently use a dental tool or jewelers screwdriver to lift the center posts just a smidgen. Lift one side, then the other. It doesn't take much at all if that's the problem.

Good luck!

ETA: Sorry pnc81498. Didn't see your center post post.

Last edited:

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
It was definitely the power strip. It smells burnt and stinky. I am such an unhappy camper right now.
I'm pretty convinced that all the batteries are toast. I'm actually staring to worry that it may be a wiring issue in my wall. I didn't notice any kind of smell at first but after taking a closer look, The entire outlet seems to have kind of a burnt smell. Just to be safe, i flipped the circuit supplying power to the outlet and asked a good friend to take a look at it tomorrow. I guess when it rains, it storms.

Last edited:

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
I had encountered a similar incident like yours too. Having a main battery and neglecting the rest. Then 3 of my neglected batteries went dead at the same time when i decided to use them. Button light flashed in a different sequence for a moment and not able to charge after that. Won't even fire up when i tried attaching the atties and cartos.

Were your batteries used up and left aside for a long period of time? I did that and that was probably the reason in my case. From then on, i never leave my batteries uncharged for more than 3 days.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
I had encountered a similar incident like yours too. Having a main battery and neglecting the rest. Then 3 of my neglected batteries went dead at the same time when i decided to use them. Button light flashed in a different sequence for a moment and not able to charge after that. Won't even fire up when i tried attaching the atties and cartos.

Were your batteries used up and left aside for a long period of time? I did that and that was probably the reason in my case. From then on, i never leave my batteries uncharged for more than 3 days.

They got minimal use through the week. But in this case even the main battery is dead with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread