I just broke a record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
Today I just broke a personal 40 year record. For the first time in 40 years I have gone 24 hours with no tobacco.
I was concerned how I would make it this morning. A smoke and coffee is my normal breakfast. Now I can have a vape and coffee and get on with the day.
I know that e-cigs are not being pushed as a stop smoking device, but I can see that they are very good for those that really wish to stop or at least cut down on tobacco consumption.
This little 510 is a dream come true, even if the liquids do not taste exactly like good tobacco.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Good for you! Each milestone was amazing to me when I first started using the e-cig. I hope you'll celebrate each one. It IS a big deal!

Me? Over a year (and I really never wanted to quit smoking and if it wasn't for my father's lung cancer I probably wouldn't have given e-cigs a 2nd thought). Amazing that I'm at this point today... There were a few rough patches but it smoothed out (I used Snus for a few months along with vaping).

Keep trying liquids. Eventually, you'll find a few that float your boat. That will help keep you on track. Look for samples offered by vendors, take advantage of sales and look to buy and trade (or sell) liquids on the Classifieds on ECF.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I can't believe you never went more than 24 hours in the last 40 years without a cigarette. You must not have been in the hospital or some place you could not smoke. It been over a year since I last smoked after 40 years at 3 packs a day.

Good luck to you

I have never been really sick in my life, and if I did not have a cigarette, I would have my pipe, and if I was in a no smoking situation, I would have Skoal Bandits to get the fix. I have used tobacco in almost every possible form and enjoyed all of them.

Now my worry is, what am I going to do with the 150 pounds of vintage pipe tobacco I have aging in my tobacco cellar? This is primo tobacco that has been aging for almost a decade.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Congratulations, Steve!

Congrats, you are on your way. As for the aging tobacco, you could make your own nic from it (there are threads on here somewhere) or I am sure you could sell it to smokers who are not ready to quit.

If the extraction process could in any way retain the flavor of the original (wish I knew more about stuff like that)--just the thought of that is mighty tempting!

Zhancifuentes

Apr 5, 2010
Ireland
:) well done, fair play to you....it is definitely something that can be done if you put your mind to it.

I thought I was good with my 15 years without a ... break on any day, 40 years 8-o, but it just happens, even in my heaviest periods of flu etc with sweat poring out of me and barely being able to stand I still managed to get a couple of cigs in, at the time they tasted like a burning truck tire but it was what I had to have!

Its quite nuts thinking about it! Well done again.

Plantgirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
NC
Today I just broke a personal 40 year record. For the first time in 40 years I have gone 24 hours with no tobacco.
I was concerned how I would make it this morning. A smoke and coffee is my normal breakfast. Now I can have a vape and coffee and get on with the day.
I know that e-cigs are not being pushed as a stop smoking device, but I can see that they are very good for those that really wish to stop or at least cut down on tobacco consumption.
This little 510 is a dream come true, even if the liquids do not taste exactly like good tobacco.

Congrats!! I, myself am a 30+ year smoker and since I started vaping, I havent even thought about the analogues. The best thing is the flavors. Ive never truly liked the flavor of tobacco, but I love chocolate and thats what I vape!!

Elapid

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Mississippi
And remember, if you do break down and have a smoke or two its not the end of things. Just return to your vaping and maybe next time you don't end up having that analog. I can't believe how much my PV has made a difference in going without vs any other methods I've tried.

When you do have that cigarette you will be amazed at how nasty it taste to you. I lit a cigarette about 3 months into vaping, tossed it after three drags and was looking for my PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread