I miss my ProVari... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyB5286

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Ohio
I had to send my ProVari in for service, and it's not even a week old. I received it, charged the battery, popped it in and fired it. Great. I put it aside as I was waiting for my custom JWrap to come in. Well, I got my wrap and slapped it on. Used my ProVari for the day, charged the battery the next day, stuck it in....... and it wouldn't fire. Took the battery out, put it in my other ProVari, worked fine! Hmmm... maybe the contact is dirty.. I took out the battery, looked inside, something doesn't seem right...
1stprov.jpg
This is what I see in my first "good" ProVari. You see the little "hump" of the battery connector.
prov2error.jpg
This is what I see in my second "bad" ProVari. No "hump", just a line. Messaged ProVape CS, and they gave me a RMA and I shipped it yesterday. Should be at the doctor tomorrow. Anyone else have this issue?

TimmyB5286

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Ohio
It looks like the positive battery contact is missing. Bummer. I can only imagine your disappointment. Can't say I've ever heard of this, you're the first.

It's funny, without that contact, the battery still didn't rattle or anything. Also it still fired. I'm proud to be the first error of this kind! lol

TimmyB5286

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Ohio
Arrrrg . . . Sorry to read this. At this juncture in my vaping travels, I would be lost without mine. I'll need to get a back up, soon.

That's why I am glad I already had one. Maybe this would of burnt me if this was my first ProVari, and I didn't already fall in love with it.

Sorry to hear man :( I know what it's like to have that disappointment right from the get go.
It's get better then it'll be here and all will be goooood :)

I can't wait. I miss my custom JWrap... lol

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
So my ProVari arrived at ProVape yesterday and it is already back in the mail. I jokingly asked the CS (Jennifer) if she liked my custom wrap, and she actually remembered it and everything. Gotta love fellow Walking Dead fans!

Andrea! Why did they kill Andrea!?

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Glad you have another Provari while you wait for your other one to get back!

Sorry but I'm happy they killed Andrea off! I've wanted to slap her so many times this season! Now we have to wait months & months for the new season! :mad:

Umm . . . Twice for me. Once when she welded the knife, as the governor was sleeping and when she had him in her pistol sights . . . Argggg.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Umm . . . Twice for me. Once when she welded the knife, as the governor was sleeping and when she had him in her pistol sights . . . Argggg.

Exactly! Uggggh! I know from the comics that he's a major character so the chances of him getting killed are slim but she could've done something! She's a idiot!

But like Skoot said I'm happy Game of Thrones is back but I hate season finales! Lol!

TimmyB5286

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Ohio
Here is an update to my first post. Some reason I can not edit it...
I received my ProVari back today. Looked inside... and it still looks the same!!! ...! So I sent a message to CS, here is the reply; "Hello Timothy,

I have recently learned that we do in fact have 2 different contact pins that are currently in rotation, so this one should work well for you. It turns out that we had to do some work to the board, which was the reason you were having trouble. It was apparently not the contact pin. Is it working better now that it has been returned?

Kindly,
Jennifer"

Soooo.... Those who just bought a new ProVari, look inside. I don't have the cash to get a third, so I'm leaving it up to my friends here to see...

TimmyB5286

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Ohio
Hummmm I wonder what made them make the change. Is it working properly?

BTW my 2.5 ordered the end of February has the original contact.

I bought my first one end of February as well, 2.0 Blem, has original contact. This one I bought near the end of March, has the "new" contact. (Also a 2.0 Blem)

*EDIT* So far it is working fine. I don't know which battery caused the "problem", as both of the batteries are exactly the same... lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread