I need a mod that is not a piece of junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Did you look at the geekvape agis? I mean, it would solve your problems completely and if she's not going to change her ways (sounds doubtful) it would be a reasonable price to pay for lack of worry. It's even kind of similar in terms of wattage and size, honestly.

I mean.... If you are honestly that worried about it as you keep saying you are. I truly agree that if she's leaking down through the mod that is not an ideal situation, especially if she's keeping it on her nightstand and whatever.... If she has an original kayfun, it doesn't sound like price needs to be an issue... Did you show it to her and ask what she thought?

Is there something else that can be offered that would work, because if you are that adamant about it, I don't see much else that would withstand that kind of regular leaking, unless you want to get her a mechanical squonker, that doesn't sound super useful or safe EITHER.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
One of the biggest mistakes new vapers make is tightening down the tank too much and pushing down the center pin. I'd try prying up the center pin a bit and see if you can bring your mods back to life.

IMHO, if the tank bottoms out the contact pin, either the 510 thread is too long or the 510 connector has insufficient overtravel.

One of these is a good addition to an expensive mod.

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Coolin...&qid=1513524961&sr=8-1&keywords=510+heat+sink

41y2b6elBdL.jpg

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I have a Squeeze but haven't gotten around to build it yet (I have Hadalys). How do you build yours? I'm flavor over clouds, so what would be a good build/resistance for that with the Squeeze's limitations? I have zero mechanical experience and looking for a good place to start.

I usually vape at around 0.4ohms in all my RDA.I’ve used 0.2ohms on dual coils I prefer single coils at 0.3-0.4.
    The upper and lower limits on Pico Squeeze is 0.15-3.5ohms from thier website.
    I use parallel coils and get good flavor and battery life.
    4 turns of 28gauge or 5 turns of 27gauge around 2.5mm gives very close to 0.4ohms.
    I have used clapton coils in halady and they do good on flavor but they heat up slower and use up batteries faster.
    So far parallel coils seem to be the best for flavor,ramp up time,and battery life.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
    Nov 14, 2014
    Indiana
    I have a plethora of mods and never have I had a failure with any of them Sigelei 100 plus, sigelei 150, wise RX200, smoke skyhook, P4Y ipv3, mvp 2.0, surrix x that broke but was fixed under warranty, mine-modz series mech, tuglyfe parallel box, frost mods box DNA 40. Countless others that I sold to friends like my Fuchai, original snowwolf, and I stick 30. I dropped my RX200 in a mud puddle like totally submerged put it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 3 days and guess what I use it daily without an issue. My son has the MVP4 and it has been dropped, kicked, you name it and it works flawlessly it' just ugly.

Reactions: stols001

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    If you can spare the cash, you could get a Dicodes Dani box or Yihi Sx mini ML class for single battery; or Yihi Sx mini Q mini for a two battery mod.
    The Dicodes is the most expensive mod - but is built just like Provari were, and comes with a two years warranty.
    Last year I had three mods fail in three weeks time... After such unlucky stretch, all my vape gear kept being very ruly and dependable.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2017
    • Useful

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I used one of these on my Ijoy Captain, it killed the 510 and now I have to keep the atomiser loose and press on it for it to work. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone.

I've used them on several mods including the Reuleaux RX200s, Alien 220W, and a Provari V2 without issues.

• Useful

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2017
    How did it damage your 510?

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk
    Not sure what happened, but after trying to use it the mod couldn't see the atomiser when fully screwed in. So I had to leave the atty loose and push it with my thumb for the mod to read it. Also, ohms were all wrong. I tried cleaning the mod 510 etc but nothing worked. The atty was ok when used on another mod. Had to dump the Captain.

Felt like it had expanded the 510 and somehow wasn't completing the circuit unless pushed against the inner part.

• Useful

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Not sure what happened, but after trying to use it the mod couldn't see the atomiser when fully screwed in. So I had to leave the atty loose and push it with my thumb for the mod to read it. Also, ohms were all wrong. I tried cleaning the mod 510 etc but nothing worked. The atty was ok when used on another mod. Had to dump the Captain.

Felt like it had expanded the 510 and somehow wasn't completing the circuit unless pushed against the inner part.
    I have difficulties seeing how the heat sink could've damaged your mod, if used properly. If anything, it should've saved your 510 threads from wear and tear.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Never did anything else to the mod, used one dedicated atty only. I had a spare atty waiting for my P80, tried that too and same problem. Had to be the heat sink.

The heat sink I have is adjustable on the male contact and the female contact. You can screw the bottom and top connector pins on the heat sink in and out to adjust to the mod and the atty for proper connection with each.

Most 510 connections consist of a captured spring that snaps onto the 510 pin that slides up and down inside a plastic/nylon housing (has to be non-conductive to work). Maybe something in the housing cracked and destroyed the alignment of the pin. Most mods have replaceable parts if you can find a vendor who has them for that mod.

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    As I'm unable to update my previous post (below)...
    I was away last weekend and managed to drop both of the Pico Resins that I had with me on pavement... Neither one has any damage or scratches and both of the Crown Minis (with a vape band on each) are fine as well!

Now, I love those little beauties even more. :wub:
    I've done it again... :eek:

I slam dunked my red resin Pico 75w to the bathroom floor at my son's hockey game last Saturday. Was flinging my hockey blanket over the stall door and forgot my mod was in my hand. :facepalm: Thought for sure that I destroyed something on my Pico, but it, my Crown Mini tank, and it's resin drip tip survived... Again! :blink:

Eleaf Pico Resin 75W TC Mod... Hockey Mom tested and approved! :thumbs:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread