I need some direction!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carle

Aug 17, 2010
Texas
I have been smoking for 25 years. That's over half my life. Smoking is as much a part of my life as eating or drinking. I smoke over two packs a day and have tried everything to quit and haven't even come close. I dont go anywhere because I cant smoke anywhere. Cigs run my life! I figure with the last breaths of my life I will ask for just one more cig. Late last year I thought I had found a way out with the stupid ecig I bought at the mall from SmokeEverywhere. It was a waist of money. I could have bought 3 CARTONS of cigs for the price I paid! It was like sucking air. :cry:.
So I am at the mall again last week and decided I would stop by the SmokeEverywhere kiosk and tell them how let down I was by their product. They started telling me how they have this "new improved" ecig with the atomizer built in each cartridge and they let me sample one. The vapor was closer to real smoke but they wanted like $200. Besides, "once bitten twice shy" right?
Anyway.. Now after being online all morning and all afternoon researching all the different ecigs, and going thru a pac of my own cigs. I have decided to finally break down and join this forum in hopes for some advice.
Ok here's the basic info and questions I have: like I said, I have smoked for 25 years and am a chain smoker. I need a heavy hitting ecig with lots of vapor and hard throat hits. What ecig should I get, and is it better to get one with an atomizer in each cartridge?

Dmass

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Dallas
You can do better for less than $200. I too smoked for over 20 years and, through e-cigs, I haven't smoked since January. It is very liberating.

You will get many suggestions here. My suggestion is to get the eGo or Tornado. Get some low resistance attys and various juices. Most people don't end up vaping what they start so feel free to experiment.

Be patient. Read and post on this forum. You CAN do this!!!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Start here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html
Read all that first to get some real info on the subject.
Then you might find http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...buying-using-electronic-cigarette-primer.html helpful.

Once youve read those - come back and ask whatever questions you feel you need to.
I personally would recommend a 510 eGo (I get mine here Joye eGo because I get ALL my 510 harware here lol and they are agreat supplier).
Welcome to ECF :)

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I recomend the eGo with eGomega cartos or attys/carts. greenhouseone.com has a good deal, and they offer a 30 day money back gaurenty and a 1 year warranty. And it is high quality janty stuff. The eGomega cartos hold more than twice the juice of the smoking everywhere crud, and have ALOT more vapor production. They are a little large, but worth it. Also, the batts last between 2-6hrs of constant vaping. A cigarette sized e-cig will only last me @30-45 min. The XL eGo batts last me 10hrs of heavy vaping.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I have been smoking for 25 years. That's over half my life. Smoking is as much a part of my life as eating or drinking. I smoke over two packs a day and have tried everything to quit and haven't even come close. I dont go anywhere because I cant smoke anywhere. Cigs run my life! I figure with the last breaths of my life I will ask for just one more cig. Late last year I thought I had found a way out with the stupid ecig I bought at the mall from SmokeEverywhere. It was a waist of money. I could have bought 3 CARTONS of cigs for the price I paid! It was like sucking air. :cry:.
So I am at the mall again last week and decided I would stop by the SmokeEverywhere kiosk and tell them how let down I was by their product. They started telling me how they have this "new improved" ecig with the atomizer built in each cartridge and they let me sample one. The vapor was closer to real smoke but they wanted like $200. Besides, "once bitten twice shy" right?
Anyway.. Now after being online all morning and all afternoon researching all the different ecigs, and going thru a pac of my own cigs. I have decided to finally break down and join this forum in hopes for some advice.
Ok here's the basic info and questions I have: like I said, I have smoked for 25 years and am a chain smoker. I need a heavy hitting ecig with lots of vapor and hard throat hits. What ecig should I get, and is it better to get one with an atomizer in each cartridge?

An ego may work wonders , its cheap and has a great throat hit and has a battery a chain smoker will embrace.Its not a mod or custom one but good to get your feet wet.Smoking everywhere is my friends ecig that got me to think of these wonderful things, run fast and far from them, they did me great justice but are not of the quality or delivery 99% of the forum members require.Imo, if you were even tempted by there stuff (at 200)buy an ego kit ,cartomizers ,juice(five flavors minimun), and a drip tip(dont worry it will make sence after doing research) and it won't cost you half that.
Ps- your last breath has to be I lasted 25 years longer due to ecigs/pv's now my children get nothing.

Last edited:

War Mouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2010
Bay City MI
Ego is a great starter. Also you may look into higher nic content. I vape 36mg liquid from tastyvapors. I can run on 24mg now, but when I first stopped about a month ago I couldn't. Just remember, a lot of people can't "switch cold turkey". Don't be discouraged if you still smoke a bit when you first try to switch. It's as much about filling yourself with nicotine as it is with retraining your brain. I eat, I smoke, I feel good is one of the hardest habits to break. A month later and I still do a pocket check for my lighter occasionally. You can do it, it just might take a little while. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a day off when you try to make the switch. With lower stress, you can focus on getting through one day without smoking. That'll be stressful enough. Practice is the key.

acezzz

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
I wonder how many seasoned vapers cut their ecig teeth on those damn 4081s? They are probably the bottom of the barrel as far as ecigs goes. I started with smokestik and if it wasnt for finding these forums would probably still be on analogs. But if you are a heavy smoker like I was you are going to need something with kick. After going thru about every different type of regular ecigs I finally found my answer with a 6v mod and BE112 atomizer. Just look around the vendors here and you can find some really nice ones and reasonably priced considering if it gets you off analogs it might save your life.

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I guess I'll join in the eGo chorus. EGo OR Riva (they're pretty much the same). The one thing I'll add to this suggestion is to get cartomizers to go with it. The one that you said seemed closer at the SE kiosk was an ecig with a cartomizer (cart and atty in one). It was probably a kr808 D-1 with the Smoking Everywhere name on it. The eGo or Riva can use 510 cartomizers and from the sounds of it you'll like them better.
The main difference between a regular ecig and one with a bigger battery (small cigar sized) like the eGo/Riva is voltage. A standard cigarette sized battery puts out 3.1 to 3.2 volts on a good day. My Riva batteries read 4.1 volts fresh off the charger and hold a charge for 6 hours of constant use. 8 hours if I'm busy doing something distracting.
The only thing I've tried that emulates the feel of smoking exactly is a 5 or 6 volt mod and those things look nothing like a cigarette or cigar. Most newcomers aren't real keen on the idea of using something that big. If this doesn't matter to you then....

petem

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
va
The 510 design is most popular followed by the kr808 (ie vapor king) from what I gather. If having 6 batteries and swaping / charing them every few hours is something you don't mind doing the a regular 510 is fine (how ever if you end up getting that many batteries it will cost more since most kits come with two batteries). If you happen to sit in one place with usb/ power avail then a PT (pass through) will cut down on your battery usage if you don't mind the cord going from the power source to the end of the e cig. Most that choose the 510 make it to or thru a ego type (ego riva torando a few say hello016) for the battery lasting longer. The ones that go beyond the ego type it is usually for a higher voltage "mod" to produce more vapor / TH (throat hit) that becomes avail with the more heat that can be produced.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I just got my Riva...and I love it...haven't put it down yet....and haven't smoked an analog since I picked it(Riva) up....and I have been around smokers...I left the house today at 9AM ...took one batty and a bottle w/ me..batty was changed out when I got home (wasn't dead yet either)...at 6PM!:D .. I am a very happy vaporhead.... LOL

maclean

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2010
italy
I'd say that for a heavy smoker, the batteries in a 510 aren't going to last long enough. Mine were lasting about an hour and after a week, I gave up and ordered an eGo. (eGo/Riva/Tornado are all pretty much the same). The batts in the eGo should last a minimum of 6 hours, but probably longer. Get a spare battery with the kit, and you'll never be left with a dead battery and nothing to vape.

mac

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I'd just get a mod that runs 5v or 6v. Now that I've been through a Blucig Kit, 510 kit, and now using an eGo kit I'm wishing I just ordered a 5volt device out of the gates. I guess it was natural progression but if I knew then what I know now I could have saved myself a bunch of cash.

There is no such thing as a cigarette sized PV that can keep up with a chain smoker/vaper. The eGo is great and the batteries last forever, but it performs pretty much the same as a standard 510 as far as vapor production. I want to take a quick drag and get choked out by vapor, and after watching a ton of reviews I'm convinced a high voltage device is the ONLY thing that can do this effectively. I know there are LR attys and stuff to make lower voltage devices perform better, but why not just get the real deal?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I'd just get a mod that runs 5v or 6v. Now that I've been through a Blucig Kit, 510 kit, and now using an eGo kit I'm wishing I just ordered a 5volt device out of the gates. I guess it was natural progression but if I knew then what I know now I could have saved myself a bunch of cash.

There is no such thing as a cigarette sized PV that can keep up with a chain smoker/vaper. The eGo is great and the batteries last forever, but it performs pretty much the same as a standard 510 as far as vapor production. I want to take a quick drag and get choked out by vapor, and after watching a ton of reviews I'm convinced a high voltage device is the ONLY thing that can do this effectively. I know there are LR attys and stuff to make lower voltage devices perform better, but why not just get the real deal?

My eGo puts out much more vapor than my 510. It could be that it is because of the 510s auto batts, but I have used an eGomega mega carto on both, and there is no comparison. I think it may have something to do with the drain rate. Meaning more amps can be drawn in a given amount of time. I know for a fact that larger batts always have a higher drain rate than smaller mAh batts. That is fairly constant for all battaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread