• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I need to Xpress my feelings about Canada UnXpress Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
After an order is processed I've not waited more than 3 days for an attempted delivery with xpresspost, and it was from Toronto. That said: my old place was an apartment and they NEVER buzzed me, not once. I've watched them get out and just drop off mail, I check tracking and package delivery was "attempted"...since moving the new delivery guy is great, first time I put a note on the box he laughed and said "We ring the bells here" and has kept up his end of the bargain. All around nice guy, lady downtown was mean, like she did me a favour by dropping the box off at the post office rather than my flat.

I only buy out of country when the cost difference is big enough or something just isn't available here, I've had terrible luck with time:cost ratios from the US. Mumble mumble mumble something about supporting our businesses.

Last edited:

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My DIY shipment has been "in transit" in Mississauga since the second ("in transit" = they're busy stabbing it repeatedly with spears to ensure that anything that survived the trip unbroken will be in proper condition upon arrival at my house) and it's due today. Will it show up? Time will only tell. Our postie usually swings by pretty early, but I think there's a substitute who does the route differently.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
My DIY shipment has been "in transit" in Mississauga since the second ("in transit" = they're busy stabbing it repeatedly with spears to ensure that anything that survived the trip unbroken will be in proper condition upon arrival at my house) and it's due today. Will it show up? Time will only tell. Our postie usually swings by pretty early, but I think there's a substitute who does the route differently.

And if you call them they will say that it is due to the Christmas rush....which is ironic as they source out greyhound to do the shorting out and transportation (did this work two years running in Calgary)

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
And if you call them they will say that it is due to the Christmas rush....which is ironic as they source out greyhound to do the shorting out and transportation (did this work two years running in Calgary)

Ah, yes. The motto of complaint departments everywhere: "The buck passes here." Day's not over yet, so I'm hopeful I won't have to make the call.

I find it a little funny they'd use Greyhound, though I do seem to recall seeing a bunch of packages in the luggage compartment of one of their buses back when it was my method of intercity travel.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Ah, yes. The motto of complaint departments everywhere: "The buck passes here." Day's not over yet, so I'm hopeful I won't have to make the call.

I find it a little funny they'd use Greyhound, though I do seem to recall seeing a bunch of packages in the luggage compartment of one of their buses back when it was my method of intercity travel.

Was it around Christmas time? Was it Caring a pup (trailer) behind it? *shakes fist at grey hound Calgary* they owe me a ton of back pay for 2008 and 2009 with all the extra work in sorting those mail items everyday in the McCloud warehouse (and daily bus fair) according to the major city distribution center location. Then again i think Nenshie was running for Mayor then....so i could blame him :p

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
... they source out greyhound to do the shorting out and transportation (did this work two years running in Calgary)

Good, maybe Greyhound can teach them something. My Mom pays for regular service and ships large cartons from Sherwood Park (near Edmonton) to be in Abbotsford BC. She ships at around 1:30pm, and I have the parcel by around 1:30pm the following day!! A very friendly and helpful gentleman brings it right to my door, and usually even asks if I need help carrying it up the stairs to my main floor!!

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Good, maybe Greyhound can teach them something. My Mom pays for regular service and ships large cartons from Sherwood Park (near Edmonton) to be in Abbotsford BC. She ships at around 1:30pm, and I have the parcel by around 1:30pm the following day!! A very friendly and helpful gentleman brings it right to my door, and usually even asks if I need help carrying it up the stairs to my main floor!!

During the Christmas rush that is why they were using greyhound, though they switch drivers the bus never stops, unlike CP transport drivers (and on Transport they have good reason to stop and rest imo).

But umm kitty....greyhound? teach someone? uh i did say i used to work for them right? kind of says something about them right there ;)

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
image.jpg Did I mention just how much I love CP and the great service they have.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Was it around Christmas time? Was it Caring a pup (trailer) behind it? *shakes fist at grey hound Calgary* they owe me a ton of back pay for 2008 and 2009 with all the extra work in sorting those mail items everyday in the McCloud warehouse (and daily bus fair) according to the major city distribution center location. Then again i think Nenshie was running for Mayor then....so i could blame him :p

Couldn't tell ya. Last time I rode a Greyhound was back in the late '90s.

Mayors are good for blaming things on. I'm not exactly sure what else they do.

wade

Verified Member
Oct 31, 2012
Armstrong BC
I'm near toronto and most of my orders from vapoursolutions take around two days after they ship. I would see how frustrating it is, with your order being so close, yet so far away.

Thanks Mat,

That is totally right. I ordered another package out of Vancouver Xpresspost. It shipped out from Richmond early yesterday evening (9PM I believe), so should've been in Kamloops around 2 or 3 in the morning. I don't see how I didn't get it today. When I used to order things from Vancouver via Purolator I always got it next day.

wade

Verified Member
Oct 31, 2012
Armstrong BC
Actually I hear quite a few people complaining about their local mailman. I have to give some appreciation to my local mail lady. She has always been really good with delivering our mail, and she is always really early. My package from VapourSolutions arrived COD, so she called me in the morning and asked if Iwanted her to leave it at the post office so I could just come in and pay debit/cash.

Needless to say I was at the post office in about 2.7 seconds.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Has anyone ever ordered something and paid for Xpresspost, but the item then got shipped as a regular or expedited parcel? I think this just happened to me.. I'm just hoping it's a screw up on Canada Posts tracking...

Yes I did and they shipped it late I complained and got my $15.00 back.

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
bump because...

Two packages were "out for delivery" today. Neither of them came (obviously), neither of them left delivery cards - but online tracking says attempted delivery, card left to say where they can be picked up.

After playing phone tag, I found out that the two packages, ostensibly on the same truck, have been sent to two different post offices, 20km from each other.

I don't drive and it's cold and we got ~20cm of snow over the last 24hrs. And it's still snowing. :(

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Okay, in that case, I'm definitely getting my postman a Christmas card and Gift Certificate this year.

That dude is AWESOME! He always delivers promptly, and has only scanned the parcel as "delivered" once without it actually being in my mailbox. Once...but he was up the street about eight doors down, so three minutes later it actually was delivered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread