I ordered an ipro..

Status
Not open for further replies.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
I was saving up for a provari.. But my ego t attys crapped on me. I can't stand it anymore. The regular ego atty is just not as satisfying as the LR Tank attys were. I've been vaping non stop trying to make up for it. I was poking around the forums, and came across someones pic in their sig of an ipro. Looked it up, did some reading, watched video reviews. I gave in. I didn't have all the money saved up yet for a provari, but I realized I did have enough to buy an ipro now. I just placed my order this morning for a purple one. I'm hoping and praying that USPS is fast and it gets here before I go bonkers.

I'm glad all the reviews I saw were positive. I'm hoping to love it! I ordered an extra set of batteries. Will 2 sets be enough, or do I need more? How long is the battery life on these anyway? I realize I will want spares later on, just in case, but is 2 sets sufficient for now?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
2 sets is fine to start. I go through 6 - 7 ml of eliquid, at about 8 watts of power (2.5 ohms at 4.5V, 3.1 ohms at 5V) between battery changes. People who vape 3 ml/day can actually go 2 full days between swaps, while for me, at 6+ml/day, I typically go full day, only rarely need to put a second set in.

It's a really nice PV :)

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Congrats, you made a fine purchase. I'm sure you will be very satisfied. Provari's are nice I'm sure but if you don't need the display, and aren't into button clicking then the I Pro will be fine for you. It is attractive, reliable, well made, and easy to use.

You should be fine with 2 sets of bats.

Here's one tip for you when you get it. Once the batteries are charged, and you load them in, you will see a red LED behind the adjustment dial. Loosen the bottom cap a quarter turn, and you will notice the LED goes out. Your device is now off and won't fire in your pocket or bag.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
Glad to hear the batteries will be ok. I have ego batteries to use for now if I forget to charge the others, but they seem to be dying quickly. Note to self: do not leave batteries unused for long periods of time; it seems to affect their lifespan.

I really wanted a few things: VV, for more oomph, and longer lasting batteries. It looks like I managed to get those, with a much smaller price tag. :D oh yeah, and PURPLE!!

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
Congrats Annah! Your gonna love how easy it is to dial in your sweet spot.

And remember to post some pics.....

didnt-happen-2.jpg

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I was saving up for a provari.. But my ego t attys crapped on me. I can't stand it anymore. The regular ego atty is just not as satisfying as the LR Tank attys were. I've been vaping non stop trying to make up for it. I was poking around the forums, and came across someones pic in their sig of an ipro. Looked it up, did some reading, watched video reviews. I gave in. I didn't have all the money saved up yet for a provari, but I realized I did have enough to buy an ipro now. I just placed my order this morning for a purple one. I'm hoping and praying that USPS is fast and it gets here before I go bonkers.

I'm glad all the reviews I saw were positive. I'm hoping to love it! I ordered an extra set of batteries. Will 2 sets be enough, or do I need more? How long is the battery life on these anyway? I realize I will want spares later on, just in case, but is 2 sets sufficient for now?

Hey we are on the same road, I ordered a the chrome IPro, and waiting... I am trying to use DCT on ego batteries that can't quite put out enough power to drive the dual coils even though they are LR. So I am walking around with a passthrough battery connected to another battery (one that I normally use to recharge my cell phone when away from a plug) so I can vape without being connect to my computer. I have a ego-t atty, but I'm so disgusted with them that I don't even want to bother with it, garbage. Hope we both get them soon and are as pleased as I think we will be.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
The good news is that I am one of the first people in the neighborhood to get mail every day. I am a mail decoy person, so I get LOTS of mail. So much actually, that my poor mailman doesn't want to carry it all in his shoulder bag. So he drives his truck to my house before he does the rest of the route. Funny, but excellent for me when waiting for packages. ;D

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
The good news is that I am one of the first people in the neighborhood to get mail every day. I am a mail decoy person, so I get LOTS of mail. So much actually, that my poor mailman doesn't want to carry it all in his shoulder bag. So he drives his truck to my house before he does the rest of the route. Funny, but excellent for me when waiting for packages. ;D

Heyas Annah,

If you could bottle the scent that draws in the mailman that way, you could make a fortune selling it to all us postal stalkers around here.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Yeah, I got my IPro in the mail today. My first impression is total delight.

A little critical review from my first impressions.

I ordered it over the holiday, it arrived today, Thursday, the 3rd mailing day. Very fast fulfillment of the order.

It is an elegant PV which is why I choose it in the first place. It looks more upscale than the other VV's including the Provari in my opinion. Mine is the chrome version which is very slightly textured (not obvious from any distance) looking brushed around the circumference. This appears to make fingerprints on the surface less noticeable. The end caps brass colored in my case look very nice. Not that I can't nitpick a little in this category because the little red power button looks like it came directly from an electronic hobby shop and there is an exposed screw head on the side with the dial (interestingly this side of the PV is not in any of the five pictures on the website). I could also do without the serial number printed on the side of the PV, but it is hard to see.

It is lightweight even with the batteries, more than I expected, at the same time it seems sturdy and likely to last. I immediately tested it out with a 2.5 ohm DC Smoktech carto and tank. It was easy to find the right setting to vape, I'm not sure why people think it is necessary to have all that digital stuff on their VV like the Provari. I did check the setting with a test meter because I was curious, but when all is said it is irrelevant. I also tried a 3.0 ohm carto from Madvapes (whoever makes them I don't know). It worked fine also, but I turned the voltage all the way up before it felt like I was getting the hit I wanted, so the 2.5 DC are probably the best for this device. The dial seems to have the right amount of resistance, enough not to accidentally change voltage in my pocket but still easy to move.

Subjective vaping experience. I first tried some caramel 60PG/40VG (12mg N) juice that I mixed myself that was very (very) weak in flavor with no throat hit on my ego battery and also the higher V passthrough. On the IPro, the flavor was great, not too weak or strong and I'm getting awesome throat hit. For the first time in my vaping experience I can get a good hit in one natural inhale on the device, not sucking on it for 3 or 4 or more seconds like I'm used to on the ego (with various atomizers and cartos). Flavor, throat hit, vapor, all good. I also tried some Chocolate Mint that was a flavor I bought rather than made. The flavor is pretty intense, I might have to dilute it now, lol, not a big deal for me.

One other thing, long and thin versus short and fat (Infinity vs Buzz for instance). I'm not sure about this, the thinner PV looks more elegant than the fatter one. I have tried a e-power which is short and fat comparatively and I notice that all my fingers go around the IPro where on the shorter one my pinky is off in space, sorta silly thing to notice. I may form a further opinion after carrying it around for awhile. But the IPro feels comfortable in the hand.

Overall, very excited, happy happy vaping. Let you know more what I think after I've ran some more juice through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread